Thread: Mid Major Madness WCC Tournament preview.

Default Mid Major Madness WCC Tournament preview.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2020...aint-marys-byu

Nothing new, but a decent preview.

I wonder if our conference gets 4 teams in the tourney in the unlikely event that someone besides GU or BYU beats SMC in the finals. Why not? Food for thought. Hopefully we just win the title.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevilGolfZag View Post
    I wonder if our conference gets 4 teams in the tourney in the unlikely event that someone besides GU or BYU beats SMC in the finals. Why not? Food for thought. Hopefully we just win the title.
    Maybe. Zags and BYU are locks. SMC is in pretty good shape.
    If SMC beats BYU in the semis, then loses to #4 Pacific in the finals I think it’ll be close but I’d side on the yes side. And before you write how the committee wouldn’t let in 4 wcc teams, don’t. They don’t look at that, just resumes.

Per the NET
    Zags #2
    BYU #9
    SMC #31

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Maybe. Zags and BYU are locks. SMC is in pretty good shape.
    If SMC beats BYU in the semis, then loses to #4 Pacific in the finals I think it’ll be close but I’d side on the yes side. And before you write how the committee wouldn’t let in 4 wcc teams, don’t. They don’t look at that, just resumes.

Per the NET
    Zags #2
    BYU #9
    SMC #31
    Pretty amazing BYU has climbed that high with their best player missing 13 games. Nobody is going to want them as a 5 or 6 in their bracket when they have been playing more like a 2 or 3.

Please, let's be realistic. The Pacific Tigers are NIT bound. The only way they get to the Big Dance is though the auto-bid. To get that auto-bid, they have to beat the Zags and one of either BYU or St Marys (on consecutive nights). The odds of that happening are about the same as me going skiing in Yuma in July (and yes, I am an Arizona native).

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Please, let's be realistic. The Pacific Tigers are NIT bound. The only way they get to the Big Dance is though the auto-bid. To get that auto-bid, they have to beat the Zags and one of either BYU or St Marys (on consecutive nights). The odds of that happening are about the same as me going skiing in Yuma in July (and yes, I am an Arizona native).
    That was the premise that SDGZ layed out. He also wrote “in the unlikely event” that someone other than GU or BYU beat SMC. So really it’s just asking if that did happen, would SMC still get in. I think probably but not absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Agreed, but as one sportswriter put it, if the Tigers somehow won the WCC tourney, w/ this weak NCAA field, they could be a real pain for a single digit seed. The east coasters who constantly call the WCC a "garbage conference" should send their team over to play a game in Stockton.

BYU lurker- just glad BYU is back in the conversation. It Zags lost a game to the Tigers I’d assume that’s the worst possible situation for the Zags and would hurt seeding. I like getting four teams in but I want the zags in a high high seed. Better chance to see you guys run the table to final 4. For BYU I’m just wanting them to win the first game. Everything else is gravy

Quote Originally Posted by Southernblueblood View Post
    BYU lurker- just glad BYU is back in the conversation. It Zags lost a game to the Tigers I’d assume that’s the worst possible situation for the Zags and would hurt seeding. I like getting four teams in but I want the zags in a high high seed. Better chance to see you guys run the table to final 4. For BYU I’m just wanting them to win the first game. Everything else is gravy
    Better pack a large spoon -- I think you'll be getting a sizeable helping of gravy.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy