Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How will Coronavirus Impact the NCAA tournament ?

Chicago State will not be coming to Seattle due to coronavirus

LINK

@goodmanhoops
    Chicago State has informed the WAC that its men’s basketball team will not play its road games against Seattle University on Thurs. & Utah Valley on Sat. due to the Coronavirus threat, sources told @Stadium. There have been 9 deaths due to the Coronavirus in the Seattle area.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Chicago State will not be coming to Seattle due to coronavirus

LINK
    If I was 4 - 25, I wouldn't show my face on a basketball court either.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    If I was 4 - 25, I wouldn't show my face on a basketball court either.
    Bring back the OCC

I think that after 20 years, GU FINALLY gets to play in Spokane and now the virus could well force the NCAA to play games without fans in the seats...If it happens, it is some of the worst luck GU fans could have...Fingers crossed, prayers said hope m ore isn't required...

Default Ready for Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    STORY LINK: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...irus-scenarios

The ESPN article linked above refers to an NCAA advisory panel. Here's the NCAA Press Release: http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...advisory-panel
    We were packed and ready to come for the WCC tourney in Las Vegas. I had a bad cough and so did my wife, but we just thought it was cold. The morning we were to
    fly out, I got pink eye and we had to cancel our trip and I went to the doctor for medication. We will watch the tournament from the comfort of our
    living room. Also, with how we are feeling we would not have enjoyed our time in Vegas. Hope to go next year. This is the first time we have missed the tournament in many
    years.

Century Link Vendor reared positive for coronavirus.

I went to the sounders game last Sunday. This person didn’t work that game, but I’m sure there was at least one person at the game with the virus. We brought hand sanitizer with us and had the kids use it regularly. So far so good.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Answer. Not unless the media scares the crap out of people. It’s just a minor variation of the flu. Tony Fauci is running this program for Trump. Listen to what he says. Tony’s a good friend since 1985.
    A minor variation? It currently is killing more people than the flu. It isn't worth panicking over but I don't think we should downplay it either. It ravaged a nursing home in short order. But, that being said 85% of the people that get it will get a milder symptoms. Wash hands often. Little to know person to person contact for awhile. I honestly think the media has been pretty good about it. They need to report the numbers. But at least out here, they keep re-iterating that the people most at risk are elderly and people with compromised immune systems and that most will get something similar to the flu/cold. I worry more about news stations that treat it like it is nothing. I am betting the families of the folks that died in the nursing home don't see it as nothing. We just need to be vigilant.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Due to the Coronavirus, a group is urging the NCAA to play March Madness games without spectators. The XFL said, “Hey, that’s our thing.”

In other news:

"The University of Dayton in Ohio announced on Tuesday that it is suspending all classes and closing all on-campus housing amid coronavirus fears. Online courses will commence after spring break. Within hours of the announcement, hundreds of students had gathered on Lowes Street on the campus and police were called. Officers in riot gear attended the scene and shot pepper balls at students, according to student-run publication Flyer News."

The NCAA basketball tourney "First Four" games are scheduled to be conducted next week at The University of Dayton.

This morning the WHO says COVID-19 is now classified as a pandemic.

Dr. Anthony Fauci -- in Congressional testimony this morning-- says "COVID-19 is ten times more lethal than the seasonal flu" and "the worst is yet to come."

Mark Emmert says the NCAA is looking to move the Final Four out of Mercedes-Benz Stadium into a smaller venue in Atlanta.

Regional sites could also be moved from the currently scheduled arenas to smaller venues in same cities.

The plan is to keep sites for the 1st round as is.