The BZ Bulldog of the Game: St. Mary's @ GU: 02. 29. 20 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MDABE80
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Ford scored 28 ots...so where's the "slowing down"? lol I mean seriously 8 above his average.
    COrey did a very good job. FIlip did well when he controlled so much of the scoring.
    Filip is a great kid and he's soft.....not THAT soft. He is the only big we have that gets down in the low block or who rebounds. He need some help. he gets shoved all over the place. thin kid and no muscular. I think he's done very well for a 304 guard offens ehwere the other bigs spend time outside the key ( Tillie) or don't get lots of minutes ( Timme)/ Next year ( if he's still here) he'll have TImme, and the Ballo who will dominate the boards.
    Even though Filip has a few shortcomings, he's done a magnificient job.......

Comment

• Zagger
      Banned
      • Mar 2008

Petro ..... making FTs really rounded out his game. 4-ish other Zags were also deserving. Good team win

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
        • Feb 2007

You could make a case for a bunch of players... I went with Mr. Gilder as without his D... Zags might have had a much rougher night. But man, so many guys deserving from that game.
        "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
          Ford scored 28 ots...so where's the "slowing down"? lol I mean seriously 8 above his average.
          COrey did a very good job. FIlip did well when he controlled so much of the scoring.
          Filip is a great kid and he's soft.....not THAT soft. He is the only big we have that gets down in the low block or who rebounds. He need some help. he gets shoved all over the place. thin kid and no muscular. I think he's done very well for a 304 guard offens ehwere the other bigs spend time outside the key ( Tillie) or don't get lots of minutes ( Timme)/ Next year ( if he's still here) he'll have TImme, and the Ballo who will dominate the boards.
          Even though Filip has a few shortcomings, he's done a magnificient job.......
          Abe... most of those were before Admon took over as being the sole person covering him. When he wasn't covering him in the second half... he scored. He scored on Wolly, he scored on Ayayi, he scored on Tillie. Yeah he got a couple when AG was covering him, but not with the ease he had with just about every other defender. 12 of the 28 were in the first half before the adjustment. A good chunk of Ford's other 16 were when he wasn't being covered by Gilder
          "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• zag67
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2007

I voted Corey, but can understand all of the choices. Admond for his defense. Then Pertro and Woolridge each took over different sections of the game. Also Tillie does his thing and takes over when necessary. Then Ayayi and Timme has their super minutes also. This to me was a great team win

Comment

• Zag Lady
              Bulldog Fan
              • Dec 2019

If available, would vote "other" and it would be for the entire team, including coaches & fans. We needed everyone to step up last night to beat the Gaels. Kispert with his 3's, Admon and Ryan defending Ford, Filip battling inside, collecting fouls & making his FTs. Tillie just being Tillie and doing all the things he does, and Joel coming alive at the right time. I thought the coaches did a fantastic job of making halftime adjustments, and the fans were loud and proud the entire game.

Comment

• CdAZagFan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2013

Great team effort... But had to go with Petro. There was a stage there early where he started to look beaten down and a little timid. But in that second half he really turned it around and really started attacking. Good for him.

Comment

• RenoZag
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Went with this stat line for my choice:

20 points including 4/5 3P shooting, 2/2 FT
                  5 rebounds
                  1 block
                  0 turnovers

Mr. Kispert

HM to Petrusev, Gilder, and Ayayi

Great TEAM victory
                  Last edited by RenoZag; 03-01-2020, 11:23 AM.
                  The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• sittingon50
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Corey had some clutch baskets, but if Petro is clanking his FT's instead of going 11-13 it's a whole different game.
                    But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• zaguarxj
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

St Mary's had no answer for Petro. Good contributions by Kispert, the seniors and Ayayi.

Comment

• zagbeliever
                        Bleeds GU Blue
                        • Jan 2013

I vote for Mac! So inspiring.

Comment

• Mantua
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2007

Voted for Tillie because it might help me stop crying.
                          Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• GrizZAG
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2009

Kispert because he took the shot! Against BYU a lot of players didn't when they could have. Nice game Corey.
                            One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

Working...
                            X