Thread: Where have all the students gone? GU's dilemma!

Default Where have all the students gone? GU's dilemma!

Insightful article from the Gonzaga Bulletin: https://www.gonzagabulletin.com/stud...8d43b3888.html

Students are just like the fans on this board.

Spoiled.

Thanks 116. Sounds like a quicker distribution process would be helpful.

Pretty full last Thursday for USD.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Reduce the allotment of student tickets. There are plenty of people who would pay to see a GU game.

find a method of distributing tickets to eligible students that is quick and easy.
    let the public buy those seats 10 minutes into the game

That doesn't really address the students leaving early.

It’s not only the students who leave early but many season ticket holders and other fans. Tonight was Senior Night. I would say less than 1/2 the fans remained to hear the Seniors speak and probably 2/3’s of the students. And still fewer watch the next cutting ceremony. I certainly have no idea where in the hell everybody thinks they have to go - for crap sakes they live in Spokane or maybe Coeur d’ Alene (as I do - actually it’s 56 miles from my house to the Mac) and there is nothing else to do. What - they need to get home for their nightly dose of Metamucil? IMHO, leaving early is disrespectful to the players and the program. I get students doing it - after all ghosting is a thing for them and their generation - but I don’t get season ticket holders doing it or those who after much complaining about being unable to see the Zags finally get the opportunity only to show up late and leave early. I think it’s a combination of complacency and simply being spoiled for the years of success.

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneJag View Post
    Itís not only the students who leave early but many season ticket holders and other fans. Tonight was Senior Night. I would say less than 1/2 the fans remained to hear the Seniors speak and probably 2/3ís of the students. And still fewer watch the next cutting ceremony. I certainly have no idea where in the hell everybody thinks they have to go - for crap sakes they live in Spokane or maybe Coeur dí Alene (as I do - actually itís 56 miles from my house to the Mac) and there is nothing else to do. What - they need to get home for their nightly dose of Metamucil? IMHO, leaving early is disrespectful to the players and the program. I get students doing it - after all ghosting is a thing for them and their generation - but I donít get season ticket holders doing it or those who after much complaining about being unable to see the Zags finally get the opportunity only to show up late and leave early. I think itís a combination of complacency and simply being spoiled for the years of success.
    My wife and I see a lady at every game leave her seat with about 5 minutes left in the 1st half to be the first in line to get into the Bulldog Club to get her dixie cup of beer and whatever finger food that they have down there. (Maybe others have noticed her too). She has done this for years! Itís like clock work. She seems to return to her seat midway through the 2nd half and then jumps right on her phone. Itís comical...not sure why she comes? Iím sure its just so she can tell others that she goes to ďZag gamesĒ.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagOD7540 View Post
    My wife and I see a lady at every game leave her seat with about 5 minutes left in the 1st half to be the first in line to get into the Bulldog Club to get her dixie cup of beer and whatever finger food that they have down there. (Maybe others have noticed her too). She has done this for years! It’s like clock work. She seems to return to her seat midway through the 2nd half and then jumps right on her phone. It’s comical...not sure why she comes? I’m sure its just so she can tell others that she goes to “Zag games”.
    I've gradually learned over the years not to make too many assumptions of what makes each of us "tick". No doubt attending the games fills some void in her life or she would be doing some other activity. As a suggestion, you and/or your spouse might look for an opportunity to casually visit with her; you may be pleasantly surprised to hear of her reasons for coming to the games.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    óKurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by ZagOD7540 View Post
    My wife and I see a lady at every game leave her seat with about 5 minutes left in the 1st half to be the first in line to get into the Bulldog Club to get her dixie cup of beer and whatever finger food that they have down there. (Maybe others have noticed her too). She has done this for years! It’s like clock work. She seems to return to her seat midway through the 2nd half and then jumps right on her phone. It’s comical...not sure why she comes? I’m sure its just so she can tell others that she goes to “Zag games”.
    I know exactly who you’re talking about.

People come to be with family who may care more. Ppl leave early but our family never does. Its what it is.
    Love the zags for life