Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GU vs San Diego (Home edition) - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Zags by 30/.. No injuries but I'd REALLY like to see a new plan for our bigs. Use this as practice of a new plan. Obvious that we need some tough kids underneath.

Go Zags ! Beat the Toreros.
    GU - 90 USD - 67

GU 89
    SD 68

Zags 82
    USD 59

Sent via mobile device

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

ZAGS 90-54

Zags - 90
    SD - 69
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

No injuries. Suffocating defense, better ball control. Everyone plays.

Zags 87
    USD 63

Go Zags!!! Have fun tonight so you can focus on senior night.

I'm hoping to see the Zags play really good defense tonight. Right now we stand at 32 in adjusted defense on Kenpom, and we would really like to see that get down to below 20 because no team has ever won a National Title who has been above 20. If we have some good defensive nights between now and Selection Sunday I think we can do that. BUT we can not play D the way we did against BYU. Our boys MUST become more dedicated on the defensive end from now on.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I'm expecting Killian to sit this one out so I will adjust slightly.

Zags - 86
    San Diego - 60

- gonna give this one last try for the year...…………….when it comes to st Mary's wcc and ncaa tourney, i'm too tied up in knots to add too that by wishing for one or both teams to make or miss shots, just so my prediction looks better.

- so lets give 92-64 zags, a try.

89-63 zags

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Zags 97

Bull fighters 64

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

With a monster game, Tillie can reach 1,000 career points. He's currently sitting at 970.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

USD 63
    GU 94
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Zags 90
    USD 63

I just want to see a crisp game where we get the starters out rather quickly. It's the time of the year where it's critical everyone is rested and healthy.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Gonzaga 93
    USD 58

GU-95
    USD-57

I completely forgot that this was Adam night. The WCC stream is already up and live, Praise Jesus, it usually does not go live until tip time. Praise Adam, praise the Lord, and GO ZAGS, beat SD !!!

I want to see a team that isn’t happy with their prior performance.

93-57 GU

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Gonzaga 93
    USD 58
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    GU-95
    USD-57
    Quote Originally Posted by spike_jr View Post
    I want to see a team that isn’t happy with their prior performance.

93-57 GU
    Well done !

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Gonzaga 83
    San Diego 58

One thing I hope to see is that the Zags start taking better care of the ball. There have been too many turnovers in the last few games. It's become obvious that the defenders are now focusing on plugging up the middle because Gonzaga has had so much success this year attacking the basket. I think the best hope that defenders have is that Gonzaga will be forced to shoot more 3's and be off. Petrusev has definitely been Gonzaga's most active offensive player, and BYU totally took him out of the game, and I think that all teams will do that now. Gonzaga is going to have to have a plan B. I am excited to see what plan B is tonight.
    And of course the Zags really need to begin to play defense now. I think it should be the main focus of the team this week. Let's put some energy into playing D and rebounding. Rebounding was horrible against BYU. It's one thing that really shocked me. When I saw BYU out rebounding us at the beginning of the game, I knew we were in trouble.

I am expecting the Zags to struggle the first half on offense. I'm feeling that the shooting is going to be off. They are smarting from the loss, and their confidence has been shaken some. Few will have a good talk to them at half-time and that will help. They'll play much better the second half. Also this seems to be the pattern lately.

Go Zags!!!
    I'm happy with my prediction. The important thing to me was defense and I only missed that by one point. Good job guys. Defense, imo is the key the rest of the year. We MUST focus on that. We held them to 25 second half points. Im glad I missed on us scoring points. I thought we might be a little off on offense due to our loss to BYU. We did start off bad but settled down after five minutes and played very good the rest of the game, scoring 94 points, 48 the second half.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Well done !
    2nd half was certainly more promising than the first!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I'm happy with my prediction. The important thing to me was defense and I only missed that by one point. Good job guys. Defense, imo is the key the rest of the year. We MUST focus on that. We held them to 25 second half points. Im glad I missed on us scoring points. I thought we might be a little off on offense due to our loss to BYU. We did start off bad but settled down after five minutes and played very good the rest of the game, scoring 94 points, 48 the second half.

Go Zags!!!
    Ditto... my only mistake was expecting USD to do more with the garbage minutes... but I was expecting and got to see Pavel and Arlo with 4-5 minutes left. They just did a great job of continuing the D.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death