Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GU vs San Diego (Home edition) - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Default GU vs San Diego (Home edition) - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Zags face San Diago which in German means.... ummm... I digress. USD comes in at 2-10 in conference (both wins against Portland). They pushed BYU to the limit on 2/15... but then got thumped by SMC last Saturday with a week to prepare. Will the Zags post another 40+ point win or will this be a nail biter?

What are you hoping to see? Expecting to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Zags will come out pissed about their loss to BYU and will want to establish their physicality early. Unless USD is Heat Miser smoking hot from 3, I see this one being put to bed early.

Zags 92
    Toreros 55

GU 102
    USD 71
    Go Zags!

Tereros - 61
    Zags - 99

Go Zags - Beat the Tereros!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Bigs stay healthy, Tillie limited minutes, get rested up for a BYU rematch, if that's how the Conference Tournament shakes out. I have a vicious, thorough, full-throated revenge in mind for BYU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

I want to see more hustle from the Zags. More effort than the other team. This will be a good bounce-back game. The only thing preventing a triple-digit score will be an earlier appearance of the bench than what we're used to.

Zags - 97
    San Diego University - 66
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Zags 92-63

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

ZAGS 91
    T's 69

98-65 Zags

90 - 65 good guys
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Bigs stay healthy, Tillie limited minutes, get rested up for a BYU rematch, if that's how the Conference Tournament shakes out. I have a vicious, thorough, full-throated revenge in mind for BYU.
    I like the way you think.

101-60 Zags
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Zags show up mad.

98 to 60 zags.
    Love the zags for life

Gonzaga wins 92-68. Closer then I want, but this is the Toreros March madness. They are going to come out fighting. But, o ur guys have received Coach Few’s message “You're not gifted anything.” We’re going to be treated to a new level of attention to detail.

Zags 99
    SD 66

Ammo night!
    Corey hitting 3s please
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

90-61

GU

Gu 97-63

Zags 94 - Toreros 65
    “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.

It will be the 3 stooges tomorrow on the call; this is their swan song until November, as this is our last ROOT game. Speaking of ROOT, I hope there are no streaming issues tomorrow. I don't see an "out-of-market" message on the WCC website for this game, so maybe no Facebook? I have my fingers crossed.

Zags come out focused and ready. USD will score a bit more as Few goes to the bench

Zags 98
    USD 72
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Gonzaga 83
    San Diego 58

One thing I hope to see is that the Zags start taking better care of the ball. There have been too many turnovers in the last few games. It's become obvious that the defenders are now focusing on plugging up the middle because Gonzaga has had so much success this year attacking the basket. I think the best hope that defenders have is that Gonzaga will be forced to shoot more 3's and be off. Petrusev has definitely been Gonzaga's most active offensive player, and BYU totally took him out of the game, and I think that all teams will do that now. Gonzaga is going to have to have a plan B. I am excited to see what plan B is tonight.
    And of course the Zags really need to begin to play defense now. I think it should be the main focus of the team this week. Let's put some energy into playing D and rebounding. Rebounding was horrible against BYU. It's one thing that really shocked me. When I saw BYU out rebounding us at the beginning of the game, I knew we were in trouble.

I am expecting the Zags to struggle the first half on offense. I'm feeling that the shooting is going to be off. They are smarting from the loss, and their confidence has been shaken some. Few will have a good talk to them at half-time and that will help. They'll play much better the second half. Also this seems to be the pattern lately.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Gonzaga 83
    San Diego 58

One thing I hope to see is that the Zags start taking better care of the ball. There have been too many turnovers in the last few games. It's become obvious that the defenders are now focusing on plugging up the middle because Gonzaga has had so much success this year attacking the basket. I think the best hope that defenders have is that Gonzaga will be forced to shoot more 3's and be off. Petrusev has definitely been Gonzaga's most active offensive player, and BYU totally took him out of the game, and I think that all teams will do that now. Gonzaga is going to have to have a plan B. I am excited to see what plan B is tonight.
    And of course the Zags really need to begin to play defense now. I think it should be the main focus of the team this week. Let's put some energy into playing D and rebounding. Rebounding was horrible against BYU. It's one thing that really shocked me. When I saw BYU out rebounding us at the beginning of the game, I knew we were in trouble.

I am expecting the Zags to struggle the first half on offense. I'm feeling that the shooting is going to be off. They are smarting from the loss, and their confidence has been shaken some. Few will have a good talk to them at half-time and that will help. They'll play much better the second half. Also this seems to be the pattern lately.

Go Zags!!!
    Under the category "taking care of the ball", I'd like to expand it to being more in control. You can play quick, while playing smart at the same time. Going one on three on a fast break must drive the coaches crazy, it sure does for me.

Up the mental aspect of the game, limit the brain farts which lead to careless turnovers.

Us old farts (not farters) remember UCLA's John Wooden who said, "don't play fast, play quick." 10 straight NATTYs

ZAGS 88
    TOREROS 58

Hope to see:
    1. A fast start for the Zags, on the lines of 24-6
    2. More transition opportunities resulting in dunks & layups
    3. Better body language from Filip with a few kickouts that result in open trey attempts.
    4. Competent officiating (I know...this is asking alot.)

GO ZAGS
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

GU 94
    USD 68