Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre game rituals, superstitions, et al, compilation thread

I clap and yell loud for all good plays.

It works about .8236 percent of the time

I start out following on the Game Thread. When, based on the comments, I’m convinced they’re down by 20, I turn in the TV and find they’re up by 15.

Drink good beer
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by sullyzag66 View Post
    I start out following on the Game Thread. When, based on the comments, I’m convinced they’re down by 20, I turn in the TV and find they’re up by 15.

Yeah... that sums those threads up. Not my cup of tea, but more power to the folks that like them.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Drink good beer
    Glad I have a six tap keezer to give me options.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Glad I have a six tap keezer to give me options.
    Very smart. That is so awesome! very jealous!

I am going to the bottle shop tonight that has 40 taps. I'm going to get a couple of Crowlers filled in anticipation of the game.
    Bring back the OCC

when Notorious said: The Zags usually respond to my methodology;
    I thought I would reply with yes about 82% of the time,
    but then saw Zagceo had already covered that base.
    The two times I begged/prayed were in that 18% - I have definitely got to find a greater mystical force.

Zero

V O D K A
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

My son was a student at GU when Zags lost to Syracuse. They threw every orange thing in the house into the back yard and tried to burn it including a costco sized box of cheetos.

Hopefully that did the trick if we wind up playing the Orange again Saturday.

ZZ

This is nuts...but at least you are not sacrificing animals or perfectly good virgins....

I had a GO ZAGS wallpaper that I used on the lock screen of my phone in 2017 when the tournament began and it was on there through the National Championship game. After the loss, I retired it and hadn't used it since. This year, after the loss to UNC, I brought it out of retirement and it worked perfectly up until last week. I'm not ready to give up on it, and I'm thinking now it could be the combination of what I have on the lock screen and the home screen, so I'll keep the GO ZAGS as a lock screen and very, very carefully choose the proper complementary home screen wallpaper. I'm currently leaning toward a high-level Google maps view centering on Minneapolis. I've been spending entirely too much time thinking about this the past few days.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

bump

1. Confirm tv details (sometimes the time changes). 2. Zag up. 3. Set up a box score to serve as my statistician during the game. 4. Select beverage. 5. Watch, usually alone, and intensely, and savor the ride.

What’s not to love?

Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Drink good beer
    I should try that one...

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    You must be related to my wife!! She can't stand the stress of watching so goes to the bedroom. She says it just stresses her out too much. Once they are up by 30 she'll come out of the hole and watch, or...wait till the game is over and ask me to rewind it. That anxiety is overwhelming in tight games at times for sure...
    Well, I definitely relate to the anxiety thing. But I only do it when they fall behind by like 6-10, and I start getting very unreasonably angry, at the team, at the officials, at God, my dog, and I have a superstition that I am causing them to play poorly.

So, I call my Dad, tell him that I am turning the game off, and to call me back if they're back in the game. MANY times I get a call 10 minutes later "Down by 2" - at which point I turn the TV back on, and cheer them on to win.

They don't always "win" when they get back in the game, but I definitely help them play through some rough spots by turning the TV off - they must sense it - bc it works so often.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I usually have the STATS open on a tab so I can check the box score from time to time. The best thing is that it is usually 30 seconds or so ahead and so in a tight game I can tell if we (or the opponent) are going to score. It somehow helps me relax having that little bit of 'advance warning'.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Always wear some ZAG clothes, the bigger the game, the more items are on my body. For the REALLY big games, usually two or three before the dance and every game in the dance, the Pendo jersey comes out and is worn over all other ZAG items. This year I broke down and had it dry cleaned for the first time, but the mojo is still there.

Go ZAGS

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    I usually have the STATS open on a tab so I can check the box score from time to time. The best thing is that it is usually 30 seconds or so ahead and so in a tight game I can tell if we (or the opponent) are going to score. It somehow helps me relax having that little bit of 'advance warning'.
    Likewise. . .

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Likewise. . .
    Wait, what?

The games are 30 seconds to a minute behind live on TV?

I thought there was only a 6 second delay?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Wait, what?

The games are 30 seconds to a minute behind live on TV?

I thought there was only a 6 second delay?
    If you stream it can be 1-2 minutes behind.

Mine started with my lab getting anxious when I got excited about a bad call or being dowm and not playing well. So I would rub her belly to calm her. It seemed to bring me luck so in tough times I called her up and gave her a belly rub. Now I'm on my third lab. I still have my 2nd lab when its serious but I'm introducing my new pup to the ritual for future games when my old dog is gone. These cupcake games are perfect for breaking in the new dog.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk