Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to BYU

Default Congrats to BYU

They played a great game and deserve the win. We’ll get them next time.

BYU was better and deserved the win.

The Haws play was bad but I’m more upset with the refs there. Nothing to see?

Honestly, they should be fired. Missing that when using replay is atrocious. Player safety comes first and they completely ignored it.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    BYU was better and deserved the win.

The Haws play was bad but I’m more upset with the refs there. Nothing to see?

They out-hustled the Zags in the first half. That seems to be a tend of late.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Quote Originally Posted by drvenkman05 View Post
    Honestly, they should be fired. Missing that when using replay is atrocious. Player safety comes first and they completely ignored it.
    As said in game thread, if it were a hockey game a ref would get in trouble. That would be a 5 min major against the boards and at least 2 anywhere else, plus get sht beaten out of you, too.

Just such a cheap shot, and it was not the only one.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Go Zags.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

BYU did play extremely well and deserved to win that game.

We just couldn't hit shots or get stops when needed. Even with all else, that's on us.

They played out of their heads.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I'll give the refs credit for sure. BYU did not beat Gonzaga at basketball tonight. That is all I have to say about it.

The last 3-4 minutes were so bad though, the game was still in reach and no time out. No adjustments. Just horrible defense and even worse offense. It would have been a little easier to swallow if they at least kept it close and kept playing ball. They just fell apart.

Yep congratulations on being the most morally corrupt team and fan base in D1. Guaranteed multiple cheap shots against us every time out. Guarantee of fans throwing trash on the court every time we play there. Always a garbage experience. Would be one thing if they played the game the right way. Happy to tip my hat after games like that. Runs from their players through every one of their fans. As awful of a group of people you can be around for a game.

BYU made shots and we didn’t - it happens. We wanted a better conference and BYU broUght it. Don’t like the slaps and cheap shots but that is what Texas Tech did last year too. Overcome.

Did you see the stuff being thrown at the team at the end. Losers.

Between the students throwing things on the floor, Pope getting nearly teed for screaming at the refs despite one of his players taking a cheap elbow (who should have been kicked from the game for this), and... that shot from haws, I really can’t agree with this. I liked some of their players (Baxter is great), but I can’t agree with this sentiment at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BearDownZags View Post
    Yep congratulations on being the most morally corrupt team and fan base in D1. Guaranteed multiple cheap shots against us every time out. Guarantee of fans throwing trash on the court every time we play there. Always a garbage experience. Would be one thing if they played the game the right way. Happy to tip my hat after games like that. Runs from their players through every one of their fans. As awful of a group of people you can be around for a game.
    100% agree. Spent too much time sitting around their fans in Vegas.

- hey if you want to complaint about byu, start a you hate byu thread.

- this one is for sportsmen and women who wish to say, well played byu. you played hard, well, and were the better team tonight.

All good things gotta come to an end.

I've had a hard time understanding or even respecting the fans in that arena but this one will be hard to forget.

Go Zags.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post

- this one is for sportsmen and women who wish to say, well played byu. you played hard, well, and were the better team tonight.
    I think it's okay to say that they played hard and deserved to win - they did, and many are saying it.

It is also the utmost of sportsmanship to say that the Haws' sht, the elbow, and especially throwing things on the court have no place anywhere, ever. Try doing any of those three in a bar and see what happens. It's not any different on a court.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post

Complaining about the other teams fan base throwing stuff at the team is unacceptable and needs to be discussed. It is 100% unacceptable and the WCC needs to address it. I have never in my life seen a fan base throw stuff onto a court like the ybu fans do.

Congrats to BYU and their seniors. I wanted to root for them ( a little) on their senior night. I was tempted to never again do so by Haws' dirty play, but it was a well deserved win.

SMC will take them out do you don’t have to worry about a rematch. SMC/GU final as it should be.

There was a play early in the second half where Tillie had an easy layup and was clearly pushed as he was going up and the refs didn’t blow the whistle. It was blatant enough that the announcers mentioned it. So much of that type of play was going uncalled. In that atmosphere, I think it was too much to overcome, especially when their bombs are falling and our open looks are not or some are reluctant to shoot for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    All good things gotta come to an end.

I've had a hard time understanding or even respecting the fans in that arena but this one will be hard to forget.

Go Zags.
    Yeah, I had a feeling our streaks were going to come to an end this year...just pissed that it came against BYU.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalk View Post
    Complaining about the other teams fan base throwing stuff at the team is unacceptable and needs to be discussed. It is 100% unacceptable and the WCC needs to address it. I have never in my life seen a fan base throw stuff onto a court like the ybu fans do.
    I still remember St. Mary’s first game in Marriott after BYU came into the league. We shellacked them and they rained water bottles and garbage on the court. It was at that moment they became my most hated team in the league... more than GU. Their fans have no class. We cannot let them win a WCC tourney title. See you in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagHouse View Post
    There was a play early in the second half where Tillie had an easy layup and was clearly pushed as he was going up and the refs didn’t blow the whistle. It was blatant enough that the announcers mentioned it. So much of that type of play was going uncalled. In that atmosphere, I think it was too much to overcome, especially when their bombs are falling and our open looks are not or some are reluctant to shoot for whatever reason.
    Absolutely...then later in the game Ajayi whiffs on back side coverage of Childs and gets the whistle blown on him. He didn’t even touch him. I just have a hard time understanding these “no calls” and “calls”. Then the refs not recognizing the correct FT shooter. Can you say “heads up their asses”?

Quote Originally Posted by BearDownZags View Post
    BDZ, you're not from Kentucky are you? There's a guy there, on UK board, every time they lose, I swear he sounds just like you.