Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: @BYU : Post game thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    The players come and go, but Mark Few continues to win at the highest rate of any coach since John Wooden.
    Yep and how much is because its the WCC? And i could say one final 4. What is your point besides trying to deflect blame on few? I said he is a hall of fame coach. I just dont always blame elsewhere.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Please just stop. C'mon man.

Sometimes you get beat by a good team having a better night and you can game plan forever.

It is not a huge deal and - IMO - it's going to help us in the long run. I doubt it drops us to a 2 seed, even if it does it's not a huge deal, and it shows the guys that they're beatable, not even all that hard.

So it's just not worth the anger, man. Few did a great job screaming his eyes out at the atrocity before him. Guys were missing assignments, Few's basically playing a 6 man rotation …
    You proved my point dixie. Im actually chill rn. I thought we would lose in BYU. It just sucks to watch doubling down and allowing open looks.

Im done debating. Its obvious Few is a God and perfect and it is the players.
    Love the zags for life

Can’t go under screens on BYU, we did it all night.

Petrusev was pretty atrocious tonight. Our rebounding most of the game was bad. And Kispert couldn’t buy a three.

We made a good run near the end and ran out of gas.

That being said, BYU was nails. Good team with Childs. They can make it to the second weekend if they stroke it like that.

I really like their coach.

I respect how BYU shot. I respect the defense when they weren’t hacking. But, those fans who were throwing stuff at the court and our team at the end need to be put on a leash. BYU should not put up with it and our student section might take a reminder on what a feisty student section looks like. Don’t ever throw anything on the court ever. But our lame student section could take a lesson in fire and passion.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    C’mon, BYU was superior in every way. Give them credit. Childs was terrific. So was Haws. All but Tils, Gilder and maybe Drew stunk.
    - had lots to get off my chest, but you know this pretty much sums it up.

- lets leave the coaching plan, byu fans, refs out of the equation, had zero nadda, nothing to do with the loss.

- hey but how about the 82.1% from the line!

Quote Originally Posted by IMADEYOUREADTHIS View Post
    Can’t go under screens on BYU, we did it all night.

Petrusev was pretty atrocious tonight. Our rebounding most of the game was bad. And Kispert couldn’t buy a three.

We made a good run near the end and ran out of gas.

That being said, BYU was nails. Good team with Childs. They can make it to the second weekend if they stroke it like that.

I really like their coach.
    Good summary. Their coach seemed out of control during the game but I thought was classy in his post-game interview.

We'll see you in Vegas, Cougs. We play our "normal" game on a neutral court and I think we win 8 or 9 out of 10 against this team...it is Vegas after all, and I'll take those odds.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

I really worry about Kispert. The kid has a good 3pt average but his nights seem to be hot or stone cold. He did a nice job driving the ball tonight but couldn't buy a 3. I don't want to put it all on Kispert since the whole team shot poorly from 3 but 1/10 he certainly stands out. I'll chalk this one up to being a really rough environment but its gotta be better in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - had lots to get off my chest, but you know this pretty much sums it up.

- lets leave the coaching plan, byu fans, refs out of the equation, had zero nadda, nothing to do with the loss.

- hey but how about the 82.1% from the line!
    Good silver lining call, Gaw.

The intensity that the crowd brought was among the best I've ever seen. IMO, the end result was it wore us down mentally in the last 4 minutes, and gave the home team a real shot of adrenaline.

We could have used a Kent Lockhart out there tonight...a fiery player who took no crap from anybody, especially when it came to BYU. He would have sent Haws into the third row after he gave that cheap shot to Petrusev.

FWIW, I was at that game, I saw the events that led up to Kent's ire. BYU player threw a cheap shot elbow at our point guard Luster Goodwin, who had just had braces put on his teeth.

I cant wait for vegas. On to SD.
    Love the zags for life

C’mon, BYU was superior in every way. Give them credit. Childs was terrific. So was Haws. All but Tils, Gilder and maybe Drew stunk.
    The stink comes from posters like you, who are prolifically narcissistic and dish out non-ending criticism towards the Gonzaga players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    You proved my point dixie. Im actually chill rn. I thought we would lose in BYU. It just sucks to watch doubling down and allowing open looks.

Im done debating. Its obvious Few is a God and perfect and it is the players.

When the 35 year old ogre hit a 3 I knew we were in trouble. Just awful defensively tonight. Poor, poor rotations

Quote Originally Posted by zagmeister View Post
    The stink comes from posters like you, who are prolifically narcissistic and dish out non-ending criticism towards the Gonzaga players.
    And some posters as well. Put the thesaurus away now.

Quote Originally Posted by vandalzag View Post
    This nothing wrong with tipping your hat to the other team.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    They made big shots. We missed big shots (1-9 from 3 for Kispert was very unhelpful). That’s the story.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Am i wrong? Do people here rather cast blame on players more then the coach? Yes or no?
    Love the zags for life

C'mon guys (and gals).

Another thought -- Dook got beat by 20 on the road earlier this week by an unranked NC State, bounced back strong tonight with a big win over Va Tech. You think their season's kaput and Coach K is a bozo because of the NC State loss?

I'm confident we'll steady the ship, get a one (two at worst) seed out west, and be positioned to "be all we can be" (with apologies to the U.S. Army marketing strategy in the 1980s)
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    They made big shots. We missed big shots (1-9 from 3 for Kispert was very unhelpful). That’s the story.
    Word.

Cougars wanted it more tonight. That’s all. Few will make this a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    C'mon guys (and gals).

Another thought -- Dook got beat by 20 on the road earlier this week by an unranked NC State, bounced back strong tonight with a big win over Va Tech. You think their season's kaput and Coach K is a bozo because of the NC State loss?

I'm confident we'll steady the ship, get a one (two at worst) seed out west, and be positioned to "be all we can be" (with apologies to the U.S. Army marketing strategy in the 1980s)
    Great post! We will be fine.
    Love the zags for life

(1) GU defense missed the BYU shooters all night.

(2) The BYU crowd got into Petrusev’s head.

(3) Kispert couldn’t buy a bucket.

(4) Another slow first half.

Fix three of those four, we win. Fortunately, we have time left to learn the necessary lessons and correct.

Of course, (5) could also be, Haws should have been watching from the locker room after getting DQ’ed for the sucker punch he threw.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Ball View Post
    (1) GU defense missed the BYU shooters all night.

(2) The BYU crowd got into Petrusev’s head.

(3) Kispert couldn’t buy a bucket.

(4) Another slow first half.

Fix three of those four, we win. Fortunately, we have time left to learn the necessary lessons and correct.

Of course, (5) could also be, Haws should have been watching from the locker room after getting DQ’ed for the sucker punch he threw.
    3A. Rest of team shot 4 for 15
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

This loss is good for the conference. BYU played a terrific game and was able to pull away numerous times when gonzaga got close.

And some posters as well. Put the thesaurus away now.
    Huh? Pot/kettle/black. From a word master like you?
    But I agree with your sentiment. BYU was just better tonight. No doubt.

Let's not add to the ugly we just spent 2+ hours watching.

BYU outplayed us and outcoached us. We had a handful of opportunities with 5-8 minutes left to make it a toss-up game. Couldn't make anything and we had a few open looks to close the gap.

Run it back in Vegas and it will be a different result. GG & good night

Simple:
    BYU played with more intensity
    BYU couldn't miss
    GU couldn't hit the broad side of a barn
    We couldn't string together stops or buckets

Hopefully we can reset and get revenge in Vegas.
    America's Team!