Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Petrusev Discussion Thread: Post BYU Game

Default Petrusev Discussion Thread: Post BYU Game

He’s on the bench, no ice no trainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Dirty byu plays like usual.

There is no worse team than BYU. I can never say I want this team to be good. Ever. Sorry. This team is cheap shot artists with no skill. I hope they leave this conference soon
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    There is no worse team than BYU. I can never say I want this team to be good. Ever. Sorry. This team is cheap shot artists with no skill. I hope they leave this conference soon
    I agree. There is a reason the MWC was happy to see them go.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalk View Post
    I agree. There is a reason the MWC was happy to see them go.
    I don't get it, why did he keep getting pulled? He was hurt or wasn't hurt? While the shot to the back was cheap I don't think it looked as bad in full speed as it did in slow motion.

Haws is lucky that GU recruits players with high integrity.

It would have been very easy to go for a block of his shot and drop an elbow on his collarbone.

My question was, on the push on Petrusev, was whether it was a flagrant two with ejection, or just a flagrant one. The no foul at all was egregious, and hopefully the Zags push to have those officials excluded from any further use...ever.
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by jayray View Post
    I don't get it, why did he keep getting pulled? He was hurt or wasn't hurt? While the shot to the back was cheap I don't think it looked as bad in full speed as it did in slow motion.
    I think Philip was going to get a T, so coach managed it.

I think Philip was going to get a T, so coach managed it.
    Kid literally complains with every call. It’s like watching Ammo without the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Kid literally complains with every call. It’s like watching Ammo without the talent.
    Perfect.

Most of the time he is correct though. The forearm to the back was intentional, thus by the rule book, it is a flagrant 1. Should have been called, and probably would have in any other game.

Most of the time he is correct though. The forearm to the back was intentional, thus by the rule book, it is a flagrant 1. Should have been called, and probably would have in any other game.
    Flagrant 2 ejection by rule. Non basketball play with intent that could lead to injury (and did)
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Flagrant 2 ejection by rule. Non basketball play with intent that could lead to injury (and did)
    Haws is lucky that GU recruits players with high integrity.

It would have been very easy to go for a block of his shot and drop an elbow on his collarbone.

My question was, on the push on Petrusev, was whether it was a flagrant two with ejection, or just a flagrant one. The no foul at all was egregious, and hopefully the Zags push to have those officials excluded from any further use...ever.
    It's not funny.

Bingo. A bit of a liability when it’s not going his way.

Completely outrageous that wasn't a Flagrant 1 foul.

Hoops is correct. Haws should have been ejected. All ingredients were there. Wworse though, their coach let it go which set the stage for continued abuse. I do hope we find BYU in the WCC tournament. We still have 2 more games to win. This game sucked from the opening bell.......every aspect. We played horrible defense but the refs let them get way with all kinds of crap on defense and on offense. We'll get em in Las Vegas. I hope the commissioner call s those refs into the office Monday.

100%

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    Completely outrageous that wasn't a Flagrant 1 foul.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Hoops is correct. Haws should have been ejected. All ingredients were there. Wworse though, their coach let it go which set the stage for continued abuse. I do hope we find BYU in the WCC tournament. We still have 2 more games to win. This game sucked from the opening bell.......every aspect. We played horrible defense but the refs let them get way with all kinds of crap on defense and on offense. We'll get em in Las Vegas. I hope the commissioner call s those refs into the office Monday.
    Absolutely. I hope Gonzaga files an official complaint against those officials.

The alternative is to sweep Haws legs.
    It's not funny.

Petrusev was ineffective in both Zag losses. This team will probably go as far as he allows them to go. He needs to find a way to be stronger with the ball and be mentally tougher, in my opinion.

The scary thing was two plays later they literally pull blocked tile to the floor
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Absolutely. I hope Gonzaga files an official complaint against those officials.

The alternative is to sweep Haws legs.
    IF the conference just shrugs its shoulders, then at some point - after years and years of this stuff - then the only thing you can do to protect your own guys is throw Arko out there for 2 mins in Vegas and have him just go hard straight into the guy with a shoulder down. Not a "knee" or "jaw" career threatening thing, but just a bull rush that sends the message. "No more."

Can the conference suspend him one game?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

The scary thing was two plays later they literally pull blocked tile to the floor
    ESPN didn't replay the block to the floor. Go back and watch it. Another flagrant 2 no call. Officials were horrible tonight.

Just left the game. What you didn’t see was Petro taking cheap shots to the BYU bigs most of the first half. He wasn’t even trying to hide most of it. He played a bit like a thug out there tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BBarton View Post
    Just left the game. What you didn’t see was Petro taking cheap shots to the BYU bigs most of the first half. He wasn’t even trying to hide most of it. He played a bit like a thug out there tonight.
    Thats the term you're gonna use huh? Interesting.

Don’t know how else to describe it. I was maybe 30 feet away behind the basket in the 1st half. I was surprised Lee didn’t get into it with him. it was pretty rough out there from both sides but Petro seem a bit out of it mentally.

Let it go, boys. It's over. Think something, anything, is going to happen to Haws, to the refs, to the final score, you ain't thinkin' right. And that's a fact, Jack.