X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zagfan1
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Petro is a big guy. Needs to finish strong. He didn’t show up tonight and let the opposing team get into his head. Hopefully riding the pine sent a message to him that he can take and move on from in a positive way. We can’t afford for him to choke in big time environments like this. He is big key to our success.

Comment

• MDABE80
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Ladyzag12 View Post
      Petro is a bit overdramatic and doesn't have any if at all mental toughness. Plus his defense tonight was absolutely terrible.
      I agree..hands of stone. I thought he might be thinking of the NBA. Not now though. Just had a horrible game. Needs work around the hoop, defense and especially toughness. Sad to see.........

Comment

• hooter73
        Zag for Life
        • Jun 2008

I really don’t know why any of this is a big surprise to anyone. Petrusev has been a pedestrian big all year even with the points per game he acquires and the rest of the team is not that far off from the same issue. We play anybody worth a lick this time of year, we lose, but since we don’t, and other teams do and sometimes lose, we climb and stay high in the rankings. NCAAs are going to spur more #####ing and moaning from people not expecting us to be done by the second weekend.

Oh and the refs were criminally crappy tonight, and BYU plays a horrible style of basketball, but gu’s game plan and the players inability to play lost that game.

Comment

• Kong-Kool-Aid
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by JAGzag View Post
          Kid literally complains with every call. It’s like watching Ammo without the talent.
          Go away

Comment

• Kong-Kool-Aid
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2009

This fan base and the Johnny come lately’s who crap on these players after one conference loss are annoying. Go watch another sport, you aren’t true fans of this team or this program if you can’t accept a loss without being absolutely ridiculous calling these young guys who pour their hearts and souls into this program. Give your head a shake, grow up, and be thankful these talented young men pull on these jerseys to entertain us every week.

Comment

• Timspo14
              Bulldog Fan
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
              This fan base and the Johnny come lately’s who crap on these players after one conference loss are annoying. Go watch another sport, you aren’t true fans of this team or this program if you can’t accept a loss without being absolutely ridiculous calling these young guys who pour their hearts and souls into this program. Give your head a shake, grow up, and be thankful these talented young men pull on these jerseys to entertain us every week.

FTFY - wouldn't want anyone taking this literally and running with it...

Comment

• john montana
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

That was a garbage play. Dirty. Absolutely no other way to view it and how the refs waived it off is shocking. If Hawes pulled that crap on a playground he would have had his ass handed to him.

I was hoping the dirtbag cheapshot basketball would have left with rose. Guess not.
                john montana
                http://carponthefly.blogspot.com/

Comment

• MDABE80
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Kong. Just a bad game. Nobody looked good. This time of the year they should look amazing but not tonight and not the other night with USF. It’s kinda scary to think we could be ending the season soon. It does for me anyway. I believe we have a title team if we play to potential. Past 2 games. Not so. Are we melting?? No but we do need to really toughen up and go hard at the remaining opponents. It’s nothing personal against the kids. Just disappointment. Few will get the kids ready.
                  We lost a one seed tonight and a chance to be number one in the polls. It’s not life and death but some hopes vanished tonight. We may get back but the hill got steeper tonight.

Comment

• ProVeeZag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                    Hoops is correct. Haws should have been ejected. All ingredients were there. Wworse though, their coach let it go which set the stage for continued abuse. I do hope we find BYU in the WCC tournament. We still have 2 more games to win. This game sucked from the opening bell.......every aspect. We played horrible defense but the refs let them get way with all kinds of crap on defense and on offense. We'll get em in Las Vegas. I hope the commissioner call s those refs into the office Monday.
                    Monday is 18 holes of golf followed by lunch and drinks. Tuesday isn't looking too good either.
                    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
                    —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• zagamatic
                      Zag for Life
                      • Aug 2009

Am I the only one who noticed a BYU player (can't remember who) literally bear hugging Petrusev in the first 4 minutes or so of the game? Must have been hallucinating. But hey, if Haws can get away with what would be considered assault in any courtroom, then certainly the refs had no impact on the game whatsoever.

Comment

• KStyles
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zagamatic View Post
                        Am I the only one who noticed a BYU player (can't remember who) literally bear hugging Petrusev in the first 4 minutes or so of the game? Must have been hallucinating. But hey, if Haws can get away with what would be considered assault in any courtroom, then certainly the refs had no impact on the game whatsoever.
                        Play the hand that is dealt. Sometimes it means playing 5 v. 8, sometimes it is 8 v. 5.

Learn & improve. IMO

Comment

• MDABE80
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Their coach let them do their physical crap. He , likewise didn't stop the nasty bullchix. No no..this was their plan and they did it bumper to bumber just like in the older days when Rose brought in the football players to rough up the games with us. It's unforgivable. No whining.but we'll get them later on. I just hope the commissioner understands the implications of what she saw. If I was her, I'd have Pope in my office Monday allong with those refs who mostly just watched in a "no call" "let em play" game. BYU might be giggling over it but she shouldn't be. Filip was damaged.... and it could have been worse.

Comment

• scott257
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by john montana View Post
                            That was a garbage play. Dirty. Absolutely no other way to view it and how the refs waived it off is shocking. If Hawes pulled that crap on a playground he would have had his ass handed to him.

I was hoping the dirtbag cheapshot basketball would have left with rose. Guess not.
                            Actually, I was wondering if the new head coach wasn’t also responsible for this as Rose’s assistant. The last couple of years playing BYU weren’t really bad, they bring this guy back, give him Rose’s job and we are right back to cheap shots. The thing that bothers me is the fact that the refs chose to ignore it, then when the coach was acting like a crybaby, the refs ignored that, and later when trash was thrown on the court by the fans, the refs basically ignored that too. The officials stunk and while I think BYU showed their ass, the officials let them do it. Just hope no one brought home any injuries.

Comment

• ZagsObserver
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jan 2010

Wish this board was as gracious in defeat as the GU coaches and players. Read their comments. We can do better fellas.

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
                                Zag for Life
                                • Apr 2007

Only If we hit 4 or 5 of those Wide Opened 3 pt shots....

Comment

Working...
                                X