Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: GAME THREAD: @ BYU - Saturday - 02. 22. 20

Its been a while since we've seen a good court-rushing.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Quote Originally Posted by drvenkman05 View Post
    Look who took the shots. Kid pert was cold but Ayayi and Tillie just stopped attempting 3s.
    Those two were 1-6.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I dunno. 20% 3pt shooting won’t get it done either.
    Kispert just couldn't get it going....

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Storm the court, little brother.
    Exactly. They storm because they wish they were GU.

I really thought Gonzaga was going to win. When they got to a 3 point game, I knew they would pull it out. Maybe this will be a blessing.

See you in Vegas, Cougs. We'll keep the light on for ya
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    this is how the Zags get beat, very physical with hacks and pushing, and no whistles

they have also overcome this before, and will need to again if they want to get to where they want to go

because you know just like I do that this situation will happen again
    That is my exact point. The refs let this happen. From the very beginning you could see that it was there ####ing mission to keep this close. Then they let Hawes cross check and nothing. That is a 2 minute penalty in hockey. The goal is keep it close and if GU has an off night the other team can pull it off. #### you BYU. It is hard to play 8 vs 5. Congrats it only took a decade and you are still 2 games out of first place. I am pissed. We win without the refs keeping close and keeping BYUs players on the floor. They can’t even get the right shooter at the line. But give BYU credit for trying to outright cheat. Great honor code ######es.

Hey Mark Pope act like you’ve been there before. Oh wait you haven’t. See you in Vegas.

From an SMC fan... can we just agree that whether it’s St. Mary’s or Gonzaga who has the honors, BYU does NOT get to win a WCC title. Not now. Not ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow06 View Post
    From an SMC fan... can we just agree that whether it’s St. Mary’s or Gonzaga who has the honors, BYU does NOT get to win a WCC title. Not now. Not ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely. I don’t hate SMC. I want to beat you guys as badly as we can, but that is because you are good. I ####ing hate BYU. They are smug ####ing punks. They don’t win on skill. They cross check people. ####ing cheap shot. They hit people in the nuts like last year. Punks. Nothing but Punks. That is their culture and it is accepted. I sincerely hope they never win a game for the remainder of the university’s existence. #### you BYU.

The feeling is mutual. I don’t root for the Zags often but I did tonight. BYU fans are trash, booing obvious fouls. I hate losing to GU but I hate losing to BYU worse. Here’s hoping we meet in the WCC final. As it should be.

Mark Pope seems like a massive ######...who should of got T'd up at least once.

Pope seems like a good guy, but they still play Dave Rose thug ball. They would have won without that anyway, but it detracts from the program. Classless.

The Zags played poorly, but still could have come out with the W had the officiating been even mediocre. Alas, it was not even up to mediocre, it was blatantly one-sided in favor of BYU. And what kind of sportsmanship is shown by the BYU player (Seljass?) who stepped to the free throw line late in the game to shoot the bonus when he was what -20 feet - away from where the foul occurred? He knew he wasn't the player to be shooting the free throws, but up he steps to the line cool as a cucumber, innocent as can be. That takes a special mindset ... one I want nothing to do with. I wonder ... did Coach Pope instruct him to go to the foul line instead of the player who was really fouled? My hunch is that he did. There's losing ... and then there's losing to BYU like we did tonight. This loss was special.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    The Zags played poorly, but still could have come out with the W had the officiating been even mediocre. Alas, it was not even up to mediocre, it was blatantly one-sided in favor of BYU. And what kind of sportsmanship is shown by the BYU player (Seljass?) who stepped to the free throw line late in the game to shoot the bonus when he was what -20 feet - away from where the foul occurred? He knew he wasn't the player to be shooting the free throws, but up he steps to the line cool as a cucumber, innocent as can be. That takes a special mindset ... one I want nothing to do with. I wonder ... did Coach Pope instruct him to go to the foul line instead of the player who was really fouled? My hunch is that he did. There's losing ... and then there's losing to BYU like we did tonight. This loss was special.
    I completely agree. Mark Pope stated before the season started that GU was overrated. I know SMC is a rival year in and year out. I respect them. I do not like BYU from Mark Pope to TJ Haws who had a cheapshot on Petrusev which wasn't called. I was hoping GU would have faced BYU in the WCC tournament because we would have kicked their ass after what happened in Provo.