Thread: GAME THREAD: @ BYU - Saturday - 02. 22. 20

Hybrid View

Default GAME THREAD: @ BYU - Saturday - 02. 22. 20

#2 Gonzaga (27-1) at #23 BYU (22-7) . 7:00PM PT. ESPN2. ANNOUNCERS: Dave Flemming & Sean Farnham Vegas: Zags favored by 4.5. O/U: 158.5

RADIO: https://gozags.com/sports/2018/6/12/ot-img-html.aspx

Spokane: KGA 1510AM, 103.5 FM
    Wenatchee: KKRT 900
    Moses Lake: KWIQ 1020
    Seattle: KIXI 880
    Shelton: KMAS 1030
    Lewiston: KZBG-FM 99.1
    St. Maries: KOFE 1240
    Sirius XM: 84

The Zags have an 18-6 advantage in the series with BYU and have defeated the Cougars six straight. GU has won 6 of 8 meetings in Provo. BYU is 14-2 this season with Yoeli Childs in the lineup.

GU - BYU Head to Head Comparison: http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...Pre-Game-Media

BYU Press Notes: https://byucougars.com/dl/sites/defa...aga-022220.pdf

GU Press Notes: https://byucougars.com/dl/sites/defa...ents/MBB29.pdf

GU Athletics One Page Preview: https://gozags.com/news/2020/2/21/me...-saturday.aspx

LIVE STATS: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=282124
    Last edited by RenoZag; 02-22-2020 at 01:53 PM.

These are the best two announcers going, as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not usually one to even notice announcers.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Gonzaga has so many active streaks going, it’s hard to keep track of them all. The ones that pertain to Saturday’s battle between the WCC’s top two teams: Gonzaga is riding a 19-game winning streak, the nation’s longest road winning streak at 18 games, 40 consecutive WCC regular-season wins and six in a row in the series since the Cougars ended the Zags’ bid at a perfect regular season in 2017.

From Jim Meehan's twitter feed. . .4,800 students ready to go as of 5:30pm, PT

That place is absolutely massive, been there once. It used to hold about 5K more IIRC, before they remodeled.

It must get insane loud.

So, probably a good idea to just be up 25 in the last 5 mins. I hope that's in the game plan.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I expect a good game. Hope it’s not a foul fest. Neither team is deep.

Gutless.
    But we don't play nobody.

Charge on Ayayi complete BS call
    Mark Twain.

Homer refs.

Both those foul calls were bad. Haws should have gotten a warning for flopping on the one against Petrusev.

Its been a while since we've seen a good court-rushing.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

From an SMC fan... can we just agree that whether it’s St. Mary’s or Gonzaga who has the honors, BYU does NOT get to win a WCC title. Not now. Not ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow06 View Post
    From an SMC fan... can we just agree that whether it’s St. Mary’s or Gonzaga who has the honors, BYU does NOT get to win a WCC title. Not now. Not ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely. I don’t hate SMC. I want to beat you guys as badly as we can, but that is because you are good. I ####ing hate BYU. They are smug ####ing punks. They don’t win on skill. They cross check people. ####ing cheap shot. They hit people in the nuts like last year. Punks. Nothing but Punks. That is their culture and it is accepted. I sincerely hope they never win a game for the remainder of the university’s existence. #### you BYU.

The feeling is mutual. I don’t root for the Zags often but I did tonight. BYU fans are trash, booing obvious fouls. I hate losing to GU but I hate losing to BYU worse. Here’s hoping we meet in the WCC final. As it should be.

Mark Pope seems like a massive ######...who should of got T'd up at least once.

Pope seems like a good guy, but they still play Dave Rose thug ball. They would have won without that anyway, but it detracts from the program. Classless.

The Zags played poorly, but still could have come out with the W had the officiating been even mediocre. Alas, it was not even up to mediocre, it was blatantly one-sided in favor of BYU. And what kind of sportsmanship is shown by the BYU player (Seljass?) who stepped to the free throw line late in the game to shoot the bonus when he was what -20 feet - away from where the foul occurred? He knew he wasn't the player to be shooting the free throws, but up he steps to the line cool as a cucumber, innocent as can be. That takes a special mindset ... one I want nothing to do with. I wonder ... did Coach Pope instruct him to go to the foul line instead of the player who was really fouled? My hunch is that he did. There's losing ... and then there's losing to BYU like we did tonight. This loss was special.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    The Zags played poorly, but still could have come out with the W had the officiating been even mediocre. Alas, it was not even up to mediocre, it was blatantly one-sided in favor of BYU. And what kind of sportsmanship is shown by the BYU player (Seljass?) who stepped to the free throw line late in the game to shoot the bonus when he was what -20 feet - away from where the foul occurred? He knew he wasn't the player to be shooting the free throws, but up he steps to the line cool as a cucumber, innocent as can be. That takes a special mindset ... one I want nothing to do with. I wonder ... did Coach Pope instruct him to go to the foul line instead of the player who was really fouled? My hunch is that he did. There's losing ... and then there's losing to BYU like we did tonight. This loss was special.
    I completely agree. Mark Pope stated before the season started that GU was overrated. I know SMC is a rival year in and year out. I respect them. I do not like BYU from Mark Pope to TJ Haws who had a cheapshot on Petrusev which wasn't called. I was hoping GU would have faced BYU in the WCC tournament because we would have kicked their ass after what happened in Provo.