Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 316

Thread: GAME THREAD: @ BYU - Saturday - 02. 22. 20

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lacrosse, Washington
    Posts
    7,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Gotta stop the 3s.
    Really? They are like 6-19. 31% and two of those were like wowzer type of mades
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

    Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    better be able to play when getting fouled without whistles. it happens, think TTech

    fouls don't always get called, have to figure out how to win anyway by making plays; those 3s by Toolson and Haws late were breakdowns defensively, the 2nd time it had happened with Toolson

    WCC refs often switch at halftime how they are calling things. we'll see
    Do they ever review plays at the half?

    Like could there be a conversation about "BYU" is slapping them around and up by 8 bc of it?

    I am convinced that refs try to keep nat TV games "close" in some way. So BYU up 8, I wouldn't be surprised.

    Every year BYU is the team that fouls so much that no one can call them all, more cheap shots, elbows, and it ends up in LOTS of turnovers by our guys.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    better be able to play when getting fouled without whistles. it happens, think TTech

    fouls don't always get called, have to figure out how to win anyway by making plays; those 3s by Toolson and Haws late were breakdowns defensively, the 2nd time it had happened with Toolson

    WCC refs often switch at halftime how they are calling things. we'll see
    I agree, but at the same time there's a difference between playing through fouls not being called and this. I'd barely qualify this as basketball

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Few’s strategy of matching Cougar threes with Petro misses and turnovers on layups not gonna fly.
    Wow. How did you know? That is exactly what Few charted out in his game plan!
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    7,606

    Default

    We need to change uniforms at the half.

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Hockey rules. Enforce it themselves.
    Looks like the Charlestown Chiefs....ah I mean Cougars are at their best hacking selfs. Goons.

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,823

    Default

    Gotta rebound on defense. And our D is bad.
    Love the zags for life

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    3,434

    Default

    1) Haws obviously still embarrassed after he got peaced by Ayayi. That was a total cheap shot. Flag 1 at minimum. It's BYU...a football school..can't say I am surprised.
    2) Petrusev needs to stop with the drop off at the rim. Dunk it. Getting shades of Sacre when he would try to kiss it in instead of dunking it.
    3) Defense looks good. Stay sharp and that should be fine. A lot of lucky bounces to give the Morms O-boards.
    4) Keep taking it to the rack and mounting the fouls.

    I really feel like there will be some controversial momentum swing moment in the 2nd half. Pope all over the court. If they start getting foul calls, I could see that clown get a T.
    IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Really? They are like 6-19. 31% and two of those were like wowzer type of mades
    Just go against what i say. Yea they were 4 for 8 late in the 2nd half.
    Love the zags for life

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    BYU is also red hot.

    It's not all "us" - they are playing extremely well and getting HUGE help by being able to turn us over whenever they want bc only one out of three is called.

    The flagrant is still infuriating me bc it could easily be the type that they should've kicked him out, but it was Hawes, so they don't elevate it, can't even call it a foul.
    I think this is correct. BYU is really good. Their coach is also kind of dirty. There have actually been 2 flagrants: the Hawes play and then Tillie got decked on the same kind of cut. BYU has clearly been coached to do that tonight on that Gonzaga cut. Going to be a very tough game in this environment to win.

    On a different note, this is probably the biggest stadium and toughest atmosphere that Woolridge has played in and it showed so far. He looks pretty lost. As far as Ayayi stuff, I think we can drop the NBA stuff unless he simply leaves and makes a bad decision. He has really struggled consistently for many weeks now aside from a few good spurts.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Wow. How did you know? That is exactly what Few charted out in his game plan!
    Stupid, right?

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    13,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag4Hire View Post
    1) Haws obviously still embarrassed after he got peaced by Ayayi. That was a total cheap shot. Flag 1 at minimum. It's BYU...a football school..can't say I am surprised.
    2) Petrusev needs to stop with the drop off at the rim. Dunk it. Getting shades of Sacre when he would try to kiss it in instead of dunking it.
    3) Defense looks good. Stay sharp and that should be fine. A lot of lucky bounces to give the Morms O-boards.
    4) Keep taking it to the rack and mounting the fouls.

    I really feel like there will be some controversial momentum swing moment in the 2nd half. Pope all over the court. If they start getting foul calls, I could see that clown get a T.
    agree withh all of this, and good to see you on the game thread

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Love the crowd IQ also...they dont boo to protest a bad call...they boo cause there was a call.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    13,312

    Default

    Dixie, jpn, I hear you!!

    don't know about what the refs review at halftime, if it's uniform across games and crews and conferences...idk

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lacrosse, Washington
    Posts
    7,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    Dixie, jpn, I hear you!!

    don't know about what the refs review at halftime, if it's uniform across games and crews and conferences...idk
    Discuss flow missed calls missed space allocation and tendencies. No video
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

    Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Yup, let em foul themselves out...and start a "bad haircut fund".

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Stupid, right?
    Unfortunately for you, Few does not share your distaste for Petro. I suppose you will have to just suffer.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  18. #143

    Default

    It is BYU..to be expected.

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    13,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Discuss flow missed calls missed space allocation and tendencies. No video
    ty

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jim77 View Post
    Looks like the Charlestown Chiefs....ah I mean Cougars are at their best hacking selfs. Goons.
    Funny thing is, IF this was a hockey game, Hawes would've gotten a 5 minute major if that was against the boards, 2 minute minimum, AND gotten the sh*t beaten out of him for the trouble.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Unfortunately for you, Few does not share your distaste for Petro. I suppose you will have to just suffer.
    He didn’t like him at all last year. If Watty and Tils were 100% you’d see a lot less of him.

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Do they ever review plays at the half?

    Like could there be a conversation about "BYU" is slapping them around and up by 8 bc of it?

    I am convinced that refs try to keep nat TV games "close" in some way. So BYU up 8, I wouldn't be surprised.

    Every year BYU is the team that fouls so much that no one can call them all, more cheap shots, elbows, and it ends up in LOTS of turnovers by our guys.
    Yeah, their a poormans Butler.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,691

    Default

    BOy do we need some effort on the boards! Nobody's around them.not with our uniform anyway. COncerning me is that flagrant and so many NO calls. THis is looking like a good BYU team getting home assists. We are not playing a focused game though. Our bigs look confused. Filip is just not Filip.hands of stone. He's not rebounding and he's nowhere near the boards. We'd best figure this out quickly. 10 pts down......not good.

    Few needs to send somebody after Haws and smother this lil ahole. Smother him. Make him incapable of running the team or shooting. in his face. I don't think Corey can do that.

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,015

    Default

    Lots of complaining about the BYU fouls or should I say "no calls" ...but many of those are the same kind that Tex Tech used to beat the Zags last year in March......guys have to play much tougher than they are if they want to compete against the top teams come tournament time!!!
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    360

    Default

    gonna need a replay of that foul to send to Bobby Dibler

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •