X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Few’s strategy of matching Cougar threes with Petro misses and turnovers on layups not gonna fly.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by gueastcoast View Post
      Toughness check tonight. Need to sack up.
      this

Comment

• Zags11
        Banned
        • Mar 2008

Gotta stop the 3s.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
          • Mar 2008

They got 13 more shots than we did ouch
          The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• ballerstatus
            Bulldog Fan
            • Dec 2008

Our bigs are playing weak. I am sure some of those strips were fouls. Haws has gotten away with a couple.
            Honestly not as bad as it could be in a tough environment.
            Zags defense has to improve on the pick and roll and weak side rotation. Theyll be fine if they do that. Hopefully Few goes after their bigs to get them in foul trouble.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Zags11 View Post
              Gotta stop the 3s.
              Really? They are like 6-19. 31% and two of those were like wowzer type of mades
              The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• DZ
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by bballbeachbum View Post
                better be able to play when getting fouled without whistles. it happens, think TTech

fouls don't always get called, have to figure out how to win anyway by making plays; those 3s by Toolson and Haws late were breakdowns defensively, the 2nd time it had happened with Toolson

WCC refs often switch at halftime how they are calling things. we'll see
                Do they ever review plays at the half?

Like could there be a conversation about "BYU" is slapping them around and up by 8 bc of it?

I am convinced that refs try to keep nat TV games "close" in some way. So BYU up 8, I wouldn't be surprised.

Every year BYU is the team that fouls so much that no one can call them all, more cheap shots, elbows, and it ends up in LOTS of turnovers by our guys.
                Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                Mark Twain.

Comment

• jpn17
                  Professional Zag Fan
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by bballbeachbum View Post
                  better be able to play when getting fouled without whistles. it happens, think TTech

fouls don't always get called, have to figure out how to win anyway by making plays; those 3s by Toolson and Haws late were breakdowns defensively, the 2nd time it had happened with Toolson

WCC refs often switch at halftime how they are calling things. we'll see
                  I agree, but at the same time there's a difference between playing through fouls not being called and this. I'd barely qualify this as basketball

Comment

• kitzbuel
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                    Few’s strategy of matching Cougar threes with Petro misses and turnovers on layups not gonna fly.
                    Wow. How did you know? That is exactly what Few charted out in his game plan!
                    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2009

We need to change uniforms at the half.
                      “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• jim77
                        Zag for Life
                        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                        Hockey rules. Enforce it themselves.
                        Looks like the Charlestown Chiefs....ah I mean Cougars are at their best hacking selfs. Goons.

Comment

• Zags11
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2008

Gotta rebound on defense. And our D is bad.

Comment

• Zag4Hire
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2007

1) Haws obviously still embarrassed after he got peaced by Ayayi. That was a total cheap shot. Flag 1 at minimum. It's BYU...a football school..can't say I am surprised.
                            2) Petrusev needs to stop with the drop off at the rim. Dunk it. Getting shades of Sacre when he would try to kiss it in instead of dunking it.
                            3) Defense looks good. Stay sharp and that should be fine. A lot of lucky bounces to give the Morms O-boards.
                            4) Keep taking it to the rack and mounting the fouls.

I really feel like there will be some controversial momentum swing moment in the 2nd half. Pope all over the court. If they start getting foul calls, I could see that clown get a T.
                            IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

Comment

• Zags11
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                              Really? They are like 6-19. 31% and two of those were like wowzer type of mades
                              Just go against what i say. Yea they were 4 for 8 late in the 2nd half.

Comment

• ZagBlue
                                Kennel Club Material
                                • Apr 2019

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                                BYU is also red hot.

It's not all "us" - they are playing extremely well and getting HUGE help by being able to turn us over whenever they want bc only one out of three is called.

The flagrant is still infuriating me bc it could easily be the type that they should've kicked him out, but it was Hawes, so they don't elevate it, can't even call it a foul.
                                I think this is correct. BYU is really good. Their coach is also kind of dirty. There have actually been 2 flagrants: the Hawes play and then Tillie got decked on the same kind of cut. BYU has clearly been coached to do that tonight on that Gonzaga cut. Going to be a very tough game in this environment to win.

On a different note, this is probably the biggest stadium and toughest atmosphere that Woolridge has played in and it showed so far. He looks pretty lost. As far as Ayayi stuff, I think we can drop the NBA stuff unless he simply leaves and makes a bad decision. He has really struggled consistently for many weeks now aside from a few good spurts.

Comment

Working...
                                X