• sullyzag66
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Mike Pope is amped.

Comment

• MDABE80
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Defense...….always defense. Wins championships. We control them with harsh defense and we win. Especially later in the season when the other teams have had a long season to get better on offense. We were stopped in our tracks last night. Much of our offense was due to the slappy aggressive defense put up by USF. Some was our own errors @nd half it all changed with 49 pts. We need a whole game like that but without the mistakes and we do need to hit the boards ( we lost the boards last night). TO's were also a mess. I think, if we get back to defense ( we did in the 2nd half last night......allowing only 30 or so pts) we can run the table even if Killian is only part time.....best if he's full time..

The one thing about last night in the first half was this: Everything ( all facets of the game) and every player......were goofy ALL at the same time. What are the odds?? lol We just cannot have that happen the rest of the way in.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
        Defense...….always defense. Wins championships. We control them with harsh defense and we win. Especially later in the season when the other teams have had a long season to get better on offense. We were stopped in our tracks last night. Much of our offense was due to the slappy aggressive defense put up by USF. Some was our own errors @nd half it all changed with 49 pts. We need a whole game like that but without the mistakes and we do need to hit the boards ( we lost the boards last night). TO's were also a mess. I think, if we get back to defense ( we did in the 2nd half last night......allowing only 30 or so pts) we can run the table even if Killian is only part time.....best if he's full time..

The one thing about last night in the first half was this: Everything ( all facets of the game) and every player......were goofy ALL at the same time. What are the odds?? lol We just cannot have that happen the rest of the way in.
        1. We did not lose the rebounding battle (did first half, did not second half and did not for entire game)
        2. 8 turnovers first half. 6 second half

First half defense was decent only giving up 31 points. Second half first ten minutes was unreal
        The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• Bocco
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

GU 84
          BYU 75
          The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Comment

• Reborn
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Section 116 View Post
            Real good article. I can only imagine how BYU players feel, especially the seniors. It's too bad they have to play Gonzaga on Senor Night. But it was their decision. I know exactly how our boys are feeling right now. Lickin their chops. It's not going to hurt our feelings when we ruin senior night for them.

Go Zags!!!
            Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• MDABE80
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by johno View Post
              Spokane is about 1850, so not that great a jump in elevation.
              2230 is the correct elevation of Spokane

Comment

• MDABE80
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                1. We did not lose the rebounding battle (did first half, did not second half and did not for entire game)
                2. 8 turnovers first half. 6 second half

First half defense was decent only giving up 31 points. Second half first ten minutes was unreal
                Last night ESPN had us losing the boards first half and for the game. I comment d a. It would. Good fait. Since the. ESPN gave us the boards by 3 for the game. And if you only look at a score as a recletof defense effectiveness. That’s quite limit d . We stunk on defense the first half . USF shot like crap whether wide open or not. The video is quite clear on this as is the defensive data from the first half. Thanks for the correction ! Lol

To each his own though. It’s not worth an argument. Best wishes Hoops!
                Last edited by MDABE80; 02-21-2020, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Bogozags
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2008

Last night ESPN had us losing the boards first half and for the game. I comment d a. It would. Good fait. Since the. ESPN gave us the boards by 3 for the game. And if you only look at a score as a recletof defense effectiveness. That’s quite limit d . We stunk on defense the first half . USF shot like crap whether wide open or not. The video is quite clear on this as is the defensive data from the first half. Thanks for the correction ! Lol

To each his own though. It’s not worth an argument. Best wishes Hoops!
                  BTW Pomeroy has us at 26 on defence...improving every game!

Comment

• DZ
                    Zag for Life
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                    So you're disagreeing with Abe that it's "always defense that is the key" - in that we played pretty good D in the first half (I suspect you're right, 31 pts isn't much at all), but were still down by 9.

Abe is right, having an elite defense is generally the best attribute in the post season …

Unless you shoot 66% from 3 and 75% from the floor generally. In that case, your best defense is the Adam Mo defense, "Score 10 more points than that other team."

It's been proven, there's a direct correlation between scoring 10 more pts than the other team and winning. So, offense does come into play.
                    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                    Mark Twain.

Comment

• CdAZagFan
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2013

GU 77
                      BYU 85

Comment

• upan8th
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Who knew Zag centers are forbidden to take uncontested, ten-foot jump shots. Not me, nor, apparently many others before Pets & Drew had the shower curtain yanked open on them by USF. And, as we all know by now, a floater, leaner, or runner, is not to be confused with a high-percentage jump shot. They could have taken two handed set shots all night last night, or Rick Barry underhanded free throws, and shot a better percentage. Wonder if that gets fixed by tomorrow? If not, to quote our beloved board patriarch, WE'RE DOOMED!! Back later with (my) numbers. The Books' numbers are Zags -4 (down from 4 1/2). O/U 157-58, plunging from opening at 162. Most rating services predicting Zag's chances of winning are in the 65-67% range.

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2007

i notice i am usually mid stream with the rest of the predicctions here, but in the case I will stick my neck out a little,
                          GU 101
                          BYU 81

Comment

• tummydoc
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2013

Dixie: "It's been proven, there's a direct correlation between scoring 10 more pts than the other team and winning. So, offense does come into play."

I think the correlation this year is that outscoring your opponents by 30 drops you in the national rankings. Hope we test that theorem again tomorrow night

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
                              Zag for Life
                              • Nov 2007

2230 is the correct elevation of Spokane
                              I wonder what the elevation difference between the plateau and downtown?
                              say, between Garland and downtown,
                              or 37th on the south hill and downtown?

Comment

• MEZAG
                                Kennel Club Material
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
                                I wonder what the elevation difference between the plateau and downtown?
                                say, between Garland and downtown,
                                or 37th on the south hill and downtown?
                                Downtown (GU) 1843 GEG Airport 2385

Comment

Working...
                                X