Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GU vs BYU (Provo edition) - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    GU is at 1883’ .... Spokane has a bit of relief. GU is along the Spokane River.
    I spoke too soon. The elevation varies throughout the city. Upper south hill yes but downtown is in a valley and it’s a few hundred ft lower. North side is back up from the downtown and is higher just not quite as high as upper south hill. Even the south hill. Aries as one goes west from Glenrose. Height and elevation assessment depends on where one measures it.

Zags 86
    Cougs 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Gonzaga 82
    BYU 67

I just hope to see that we are ahead by one or more points at the end of the game. And then to see the smiles on our boys' faces. I love how these guys play on the Road.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

88-83

Gonzaga!!!

ZAGS 85-75

Zags - 87
    BYU - 81
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

how will the game be called? need to be ready to play however that goes down. Hope Petro, Timme, KT and the crew can put fouls on BYU inside and make FTs

on D, does Few take away the 3 and battle it out inside? what if the whistles blow on that strategy inside, then will the 3s open up for BYU with the Zags helping inside? I'm looking forward to seeing how Few and co. do this one.

I don't think Few would like to see BYU get it rolling from deep at home, and Childs may get his anyway, so living with tough twos inside 1v1 and rebounding misses to run may be the way he goes. But who knows?! Zags change things up and make it difficult to prepare. we'll see

Tightness slows both teams. Hope no injuries, Zags play their game, defense.

Zags 75
    BYU 67

Go Zags!!! Beat BYU!

I want to see the solid rotations on defense that happened most of the second half against USF. I agree with BBBeach Bum that in a perfect world, we go 1v1 inside without fouling while defending the 3 pt line. Childs is good. Let him work hard and know that he will get his but don't let BYU spot up and start shooting uncontested 3s. That sounds like a recipe for defeat. We are averaging 90/game, BYU plays on the faster side and their D is just ok so I think we will hit our average. We should out-rebound them. Lets hope our inconsistent free throw shooting isnt a factor. If Tillie plays and is 100%, we should be ok. I hope we spoil their senior night - Haws has to have a PhD by now!

91-83 GU

Come out relaxed and ready from the opening tip. No cruising through the 1st half waiting for the second to start playing zags ball.

In the last 7 seasons, GU has spoiled 3 BYU Senior Nights:

2/24/18 : 79 - 65
    2/27/16 : 71 - 68
    2/28/13 : 70 - 65

Bulldogs 82 Big Kitties 75

86-78 Gonzaga.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    I wonder what the elevation difference between the plateau and downtown?
    say, between Garland and downtown,
    or 37th on the south hill and downtown?
    Try running it. It seems like a mile!

Our cross country coach loved running us up South Hill and Dishman Hills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Us 89
    Them 82

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Try running it. It seems like a mile!

Our cross country coach loved running us up South Hill and Dishman Hills

Yup, ran for many years on the South hill. Loved running out to SCC, up Doomsday hill and back. I can attest, there is a wee bit of elevation change in the Spokane area. Now I reside in the flattest part of the golden state. The weather is great but I miss those runs. Especially in the snow.

Ahem, back to the question at hand: Gonzaga win 81-79. Gosh, I hope what ailed the boys during the SF game has past...

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    2230 is the correct elevation of Spokane
    Maybe at the airport ... but it's all downhill from there to McCarthey. EDIT: I posted this before I read all the subsequent analyses of elevation in the Spokane metro area. Sorry for piling on!!
    Last edited by ProVeeZag; 02-22-2020 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Add EDIT
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

BULLDOGS 88
    BEE-WHY-YEW 77

Zags must come out loaded for bear and keep the crowd out of it. Playing from behind is not a good formula at Provo. Hate to say it but how the game gets officiated in the low post could decide the outcome. 'Cougars need big game from Childs and Zags have a thin bench.

Unless Zags win by large margin (25+), I see them dropping to #3 (or lower) in AP poll on Monday. KU and Baylor likely to be 1 and 2.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

The game vs SMC showed us what a prepared and pumped-up Zag team can do to a good opponent.

Zags 92 BYU 65

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    BULLDOGS 88
    BEE-WHY-YEW 77

Zags must come out loaded for bear and keep the crowd out of it. Playing from behind is not a good formula at Provo. Hate to say it but how the game gets officiated in the low post could decide the outcome. 'Cougars need big game from Childs and Zags have a thin bench.

Unless Zags win by large margin (25+), I see them dropping to #3 (or lower) in AP poll on Monday. KU and Baylor likely to be 1 and 2.
    No way. I think Kansas can leapfrog the Zags here but no way Baylor bumps them down a spot after losing at home if the Zags pick up a road win over a top 25 team. Only way down is via a loss tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Hoping to see Kispert have an otherworldly game from deep.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

We need to crush BYU to get to no 1 or maintain our present ranking. 20 pt win. With Tillie, I think we can. If we do a 1st half USF we probably drop to a 3 or 4. Very high quality teams met with Baylor and KU this morning.

I perused the Cougar board. BYU fans saw Baylor lose and consider this game as having the #1 team in the nation in their house. They are going to be amped.

Adrenaline should be in ample supply and Tillie best be pumped.

I’m gonna go with

Zags 97

BYU 89

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

GU -90 - 76

BYU's got: 1. Senior night. Last chance for lots of seniors to chalk up a Jimmer-worthy win on national TV. 2. Intimidated refs. You would be, too. 3. Zag team coming in playing far below optimal. 4. Zags won't regain #1 even with a W. 5. Losing streak vs despised (little bitty WCC) & GU already at four. 6. New coach not gonna Coug it.

Bulldogs got: 1. Wait. It'll come to me in a second. THE BETTER TEAM! Yeah, that's it; but afraid it won't be enough this night. BYUtes by 80-77.

zags 85
    BYU 81