Thread: Kispert the last player born before the 1999 run ?

Default Kispert the last player born before the 1999 run ?

Kispert was born roughly 8 days before the tournament started in 1999. I couldn't find the birthday's for everyone on the team, but seeing how all the sophomores are more than likely younger than him, I'm thinking I might be right to say that Kispert could become the last player that will play for GU who was born before the current tournament run started. However, we could possibly get a 5th year senior transfer after Kispert leaves that negates this.

Thought this was an interesting soon to be milestone for the program. It could also be argued that Kispert doesn't make the cutoff date because Gonzaga qualified for the tournament on March 1st and Kispert was born 2 days later. So technically he wasn't alive at a point in which Gonzaga did not qualify for the tournament, that would make the current group of seniors the last GU players to be alive during a time Gonzaga had not qualified for the tournament (Gilder for sure since he's 24).

Quote Originally Posted by tempe85 View Post
    Kispert was born roughly 8 days before the tournament started in 1999. I couldn't find the birthday's for everyone on the team, but seeing how all the sophomores are more than likely younger than him, I'm thinking I might be right to say that Kispert could become the last player that will play for GU who was born before the current tournament run started. However, we could possibly get a 5th year senior transfer after Kispert leaves that negates this.

Thought this was an interesting soon to be milestone for the program. It could also be argued that Kispert doesn't make the cutoff date because Gonzaga qualified for the tournament on March 1st and Kispert was born 2 days later. So technically he wasn't alive at a point in which Gonzaga did not qualify for the tournament, that would make the current group of seniors the last GU players to be alive during a time Gonzaga had not qualified for the tournament (Gilder for sure since he's 24).
    I don't know the answer but wow do I ever feel old.

Semi related - we'll have at least one player on the team next year (Julian Strawther) who was not yet born the last time Pepperdine beat Gonzaga. (January 2002).

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Semi related - we'll have at least one player on the team next year (Julian Strawther) who was not yet born the last time Pepperdine beat Gonzaga. (January 2002).
    2 - Ballo is younger than Strawther.

Tidbit
    Today is 02-20-2020
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    Tidbit
    Today is 02-20-2020
    OMG Nooooooo, why were we not warned about this!
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    Tidbit
    Today is 02-20-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    OMG Nooooooo, why were we not warned about this!
    I think my computer is going to crash!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by tempe85 View Post

Interesting! Thanks for posting this. And yes, it does make me feel old!

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    2 - Ballo is younger than Strawther.
    You're right! He's younger than all 3 of the incoming freshman, and more than a year younger than Suggs.

This is certainly part of the reason for our increased recruiting success - none of these kids came of age in a time where announcers were trying to figure out how to pronounce Gonzaga.

I tried telling my 14 year old that Gonzaga was a little program that is shooting above the odds... but he doesn't buy it. To him, the Zags have always been a BIG TIME basketball program.