X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • upan8th
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Buh bye. Turning on the men's game. Can't watch this any longer. Expect the girls to hang on for the W, but won't be surprised if they don't. They certainly don't deserve to win.

Comment

• TerpZag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Melody Kempton now with 4 fouls...
      Last edited by TerpZag; 02-20-2020, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• sylean
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2010

bandwagon fans noted on this thread....first little bump and they're off.....

Comment

• TerpZag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Gonzaga defeats LMU 75-47...

Lady Zags out score the Lady Lions 58-26 over the last 3 quarters of the game...

Jill Townsend leads Gonzaga with 21 points...

Kaylynne Truong and Jenn Wirth follow with 11 points each..

Kayleigh Truong was next with 10 points...

Gonzaga out scored LMU 30 to 18 with points in the paint...

Bench Points: Lady Zags with 25 and the Lady Lions with 9...

Comment

• sylean
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2010

CG3Dad....technically, we have one sitting per transfer rules and three out injured....and our number one player played with a recently broken nose.....I'd say we're even.....lol

Comment

• sylean
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2010

Hows that mens game going?.......scored 22 points first half and down 9.........lol.....

Comment

• ZagDad84
                Zag for Life
                • Dec 2014

Congrats to the entire Lady Zags team (players, staff & coaches).

By winning tonight you have clinched sole possession of the WCC championship.

Not very Christian like nor very lady like, but we ain't share'in nothing this year.

ZagDad

Comment

• CG3Dad
                  Kennel Club
                  • Nov 2017

Originally posted by upan8th View Post
                  CG3. That's why I posted the opinion. Well aware Lionettes not at full strength. They should be congratulated for their grit, but they shouldn't be hangin' with the number 13 Zags. Right?
                  It's all good. Congrats on the win Zags.
                  You're right, we should not have been hangin' with you guys. Would've been a little funner for us perhaps had Chels been playing?

Jill Townsend is one of my favorite players in the WCC. Such a heads up player, grit and as smooth a shot as any I've seen.... Power 5 schools included.

See you guys at the tourney. My girl's so mad as this is the third season she's injured going to Vegas. Next year perhaps?
                  [emoji34][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ZAGS ATTACK BASKET
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2016

CG3Dad hope Chelsey makes it back for the tournament tell her to keep her chin up.

Comment

• CG3Dad
                      Kennel Club
                      • Nov 2017

Originally posted by sylean View Post
                      CG3Dad....technically, we have one sitting per transfer rules and three out injured....and our number one player played with a recently broken nose.....I'd say we're even.....lol
                      Tou-che' sylean
                      I assume you're talking about the exquisite Jill Townsend?
                      She certainly looked fantastic tonight! Lol

It'll be fun next year when our own sitting transfer DeCosta is eligible [emoji108]

Comment

• CG3Dad
                        Kennel Club
                        • Nov 2017

Originally posted by ZAGS ATTACK BASKET View Post
                        CG3Dad hope Chelsey makes it back for the tournament tell her to keep her chin up.
                        Thanks. She's so frustrated right now[emoji34]
                        But I told her it's better to let her body heal.

Ahhh to be twenty again...LOL

Comment

• sylean
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2010

hopefully you'll be full strength soon.....frankly, I was pleasantly surprised that the Zags got rolling so well in the 2nd......

what do you think about those Truongs?.....amazing aren't they....

and Jill.....I've thought she could play for anybody.....noted she didn't have her mask on....hope that is wise.......

coaching......CLF took a good TO early...by half time she had them strengthened out. Even in the 2nd half LMU came within 6 and she gave them a good talking too......love our coach....

Comment

• ZagDad84
                            Zag for Life
                            • Dec 2014

Hey CG3Dad,

Be sure to give Chels our best, we will be keeping her (and you) in our prayers.

As many know, today is national "love your pet day". CG3Dad, If you go to the Gonzaga Wbb facebook page, there is a post with 9 pictures of players and coaches with their furry children. The last picture is of Jill Townsend, and if you consider what you think of JT, it is very appropriate.

Gonzaga Wbb Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ZagWBB

Scroll down until you find the post with their players/coaches and their pets.

ZagDad

Comment

• TerpZag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

#13/13 Zags Run Past Loyola Marymount, 75-47

Jill Townsend leads all scorers with 21 points

Gonzaga 75 - Loyola Marymount 47 Final Box Score Link

LOS ANGELES – The #13/13 Gonzaga women's basketball team used a dominant second half to run past Loyola Marymount 75-47 Thursday evening inside Gersten Pavilion in Los Angeles. The Bulldogs secured the outright West Coast Conference regular-season title with the win.

Gonzaga (26-2, 15-1 WCC) was led by a game-high 21 points from Jill Townsend; Townsend finished 9-of-16 from the floor and added six rebounds and two assists. Jenn Wirth finished with 11 points and seven rebounds while Kayleigh Truong chipped in 10 points with three assists.

The Bulldogs claimed the advantage on the glass 36-24 including 16 offensive rebounds and dominated the paint 30-18. Gonzaga forced 25 turnovers on the Lions that led to 23 points, and the Zags also claimed a 17-6 edge in second-chance points.

"We played three really good quarters today," head coach Lisa Fortier said. "I thought our team worked through a lot of physicality and continued to seek great team shots throughout the game."

A slow first half for the Bulldogs, coupled with a 54.5 percent shooting for LMU, saw the scored tied 30-30 after the first 20 minutes. Loyola Marymount (6-20, 3-11 WCC) limited Gonzaga to 40.7 percent shooting from the floor including 25.0 percent from long range.

Gonzaga regrouped at the break and came out with strong full-court pressure, forcing 10 turnovers on the Lions in the third period while putting together a 17-7 run. Townsend scored 12 of her 21 points in the third stanza, helped Gonzaga to its largest lead of the evening thus far, 47-37.

"We really tightened up in the third quarter as a team, especially that last two-and-a-half minutes," Townsend said. "We didn't like where the score was at halftime. We knew third quarter we had to make a push."

GU continued to roll in the fourth, shooting 56.3 percent from the floor and a perfect 4-of-4 from long range for 28 total points in the final 10 minutes. The Zags forced another seven turnovers on the Lions in the final period, combining for 25 total in the contest, the most forced by the Bulldogs this season. GU continued to roll, claiming the 75-47 victory.

Loyola Marymount was led in scoring by Ciera Ellington and Raychel Stanley with nine points each while Naomi Yim added eight.

Gonzaga continues play on the road at Pepperdine Saturday, Feb. 22 at 2 p.m. inside Firestone Fieldhouse in Malibu, Calif.

Gonzaga Article Link

Comment

• ZagDad84
                                Zag for Life
                                • Dec 2014

Originally posted by upan8th View Post
                                Hmmm, that was, um . . . some kind of wonderful. Can't think of quite the right word to describe it. Pathetic? Nope, not strong enough. Abysmal. A little closer, still not there. Comical! That's what it was. To any team ranked in the top 100 we'd be down by 20. By 30 to anyone in the top twenty-five. I'd say it was embarrassing, but we'll see. The second half might be worse. What's the next floor down from embarrassing?
                                Come On 8th,

Yes, we played ugly in the first half, missed more lay-ups than we have in the last 3 games combined, had more turnovers than was acceptable and could not find the ocean from the beach from 3 point range.

But really, playing anybody in the Top-100 we be down by 20, Top-25 we be down 30. That would mean that anybody in the Top 100 would have to have scored 50 points in a half and if they were in the Top -25 they would have had to score 60 points in the first half. Many of the teams in the Top 25 don't routinely score 60 points in a game, let alone a half.

If you just want to watch the men's game go ahead, we did (after the women's game) but you missed a second half that was every bit as good as the men's second half. Your loss.

Excessive hyperbole is not very becoming.

ZagDad

Comment

Working...
                                X