Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 725 of 1028

Thread: "Other Games" Archive # 2

  1. #701
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,308

    Default

    North Carolina 64
    Notre Dame 52 - 8:14 to play

  2. #702
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spo Vegas
    Posts
    2,294

    Default

    Final

    North Carolina 76
    Notre Dame 77

    Irish hit a three pointer with a couple seconds left in the game. It's almost like you can see it coming sometimes.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

  3. #703
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,449

    Default

    Kansas cruises by 20.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  4. #704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    Final

    North Carolina 76
    Notre Dame 77

    Irish hit a three pointer with a couple seconds left in the game. It's almost like you can see it coming sometimes.
    wonder what unc could have possibly done to anger the bball dieties??? oh wait...

  5. #705
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    4,196

    Default

    Texas Southern handles Grambling 93 - 79
    _____________________________________________

    Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

    Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

  6. #706
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    3,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    wonder what unc could have possibly done to anger the bball dieties??? oh wait...


    I was almost feeling sorry for Roy Williams and UNC snatching defeat from the jaws of victory yet again until you reminded me here of how deplorable their academic cheating scandal was yet seemingly escaped w not even a slap on the wrist. I hope they lose their 1st ACC tourney game too.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

  7. #707
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    wonder what unc could have possibly done to anger the bball dieties??? oh wait...
    I just wish the reckoning had happened a few years ago in Arizona.

  8. #708
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    672

    Default

    I'll be keeping my eye on the Baylor game and the Dayton game. Both teams are potential #1 seeds when Selection Sunday rolls around.

  9. #709
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Nine Top 25 teams in action today

    Illinois @ #9 Penn State . 3:30 . FS1

    Oklahoma State @ #17 West Virginia . 4:00 . ESPN2
    Purdue @ Wisconsin . 4:00 . ESPN

    Northwestern @ #7 Maryland . 5:00 . BTN
    Pittsburgh @ #8 Florida State . 5:00 . ACCN
    Arkansas @ Florida . 4:00 . ESPNU

    #5 Dayton @ VCU . 5:30 . CBSSN
    #15 Creighton @ #19 Marquette . 5:30 . FS1

    #1 Baylor @ Oklahoma . 6:00 . ESPN2
    #10 Kentucky @ LSU . 6:00 . ESPN
    Nevada @ New Mexico . 6:00 . ESPNU

    Wishing for upsets by: OU over Baylor and then Baylor beating KU Saturday; Pitt over FSU and OSU over WVU and then maybe Purdue and Wisconsin play to a tie after ten overtimes...

    Just don't see how the B10 can rate 11 schools in the Dance...

  10. #710
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post

    Just don't see how the B10 can rate 11 schools in the Dance...

    Ditto.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  11. #711
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Liberty Lake
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Ditto.
    Anybody know what the record is for one conference having the most teams in the Final 4 (or even the Elite 8) in the same year? Consider how weird it would be to have 4 teams from the same conference end up in Final 4. Obviously no rule prohibits it.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

  12. #712
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Liberty Lake
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    Ol' Roy is enduring a ton of "payback" this year. Hate to admit this but ... it's so much fun to watch! Lately it's like "how in the world is UNC going to give this game away?" And then they do!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

  13. #713
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    Anybody know what the record is for one conference having the most teams in the Final 4 (or even the Elite 8) in the same year? Consider how weird it would be to have 4 teams from the same conference end up in Final 4. Obviously no rule prohibits it.
    Since the 64 team era began in 1985, the Big East is the only conference with 3 teams in the Final Four in a single year (1985): Villanova, Georgetown, and St. John's.

    The Big Ten, ACC, Big East, Big 12, and SEC have had instances where two teams reached the FF; the most recent was 2016 when ACC reps Syracuse and UNC achieved that distinction.

    Final Four teams are listed here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...r_participants

  14. #714
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,308

    Default

    Illinois 30
    Penn St 26 HALF

    ARK 9
    FLA 63 8:49, 1H

  15. #715
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    Wvu in free fall

    ...

    Until the 2nd half when they outscore ok state 37-14 and win
    Last edited by LTownZag; 02-18-2020 at 05:26 PM.

  16. #716
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,308

    Default

    Illinois defeats Penn State
    West Virginia defeats Oklahoma State
    St. Joe's wins it's first conference game by upsetting Davidson
    Wisconsin beats Purdue
    Florida tames Arkansas

  17. #717
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,308

    Default

    Baylor 41
    Oklahoma 38

    11:02 to play

  18. #718
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,449

    Default

    Baylor & Dayton win.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  19. #719
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Baylor 41
    Oklahoma 38

    11:02 to play
    What is it with Big 12 offenses? Boring as hell, too much dribbling, no flow. I get it, Power 5 conferences recruit athletes, not basketball players.

  20. #720
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    7,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Since the 64 team era began in 1985, the Big East is the only conference with 3 teams in the Final Four in a single year (1985): Villanova, Georgetown, and St. John's.

    The Big Ten, ACC, Big East, Big 12, and SEC have had instances where two teams reached the FF; the most recent was 2016 when ACC reps Syracuse and UNC achieved that distinction.

    Final Four teams are listed here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...r_participants
    The Big E placed 11 teams in the tournament in 2011. I seem to recall some complaining about that. I believe only one time has a conference placed 2 teams in the championship game when in 1988 Oklahoma and Kansas faced off for the title with Kansas winning the rubber match.
    Birddog

    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

  21. #721
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    The Illinois-Penn St matchup was interesting to watch with both coaches on camera and mic'd up the entire game.

  22. #722
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    The Illinois-Penn St matchup was interesting to watch with both coaches on camera and mic'd up the entire game.
    I think I would like that a lot more than 2 color commentators and no play by play person.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  23. #723
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    What is it with Big 12 offenses? Boring as hell, too much dribbling, no flow. I get it, Power 5 conferences recruit athletes, not basketball players.
    I agree with the sentiment. I think that Baylor has a good defense but I don’t know what they will do against good offenses in the tournament that have a good post player and pass the ball. The KU game will be a litmus test. The way Oklahoma plays, they put a lot of pressure on themselves to create their own shot. Few is masterful at getting good shots out of the offense with minimal dribbling.

    I’m spoiled by getting to watch and root for the Zags.

  24. #724
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    10,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    The Big E placed 11 teams in the tournament in 2011. I seem to recall some complaining about that. I believe only one time has a conference placed 2 teams in the championship game when in 1988 Oklahoma and Kansas faced off for the title with Kansas winning the rubber match.
    'Nova vs. Georgetown in 1985.

  25. #725
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    The Big E placed 11 teams in the tournament in 2011. I seem to recall some complaining about that. I believe only one time has a conference placed 2 teams in the championship game when in 1988 Oklahoma and Kansas faced off for the title with Kansas winning the rubber match.
    Indiana and Michigan in 1976

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •