Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tillieís status

Default Tillieís status

Do we know anything about Killian’s status? I was stunned the ankle was bothering him given how well he played at Moraga. Did he reinjure it in practice? Did he just wake up after Moraga with it really sore? What do we know if anything? We totally need this guy to go deep in the Tourney.

Nothing from Meehan. . nothing from the usual sources. Has there been some reliable news... other than him not playing last night??... that says he reinjured his ankle again??
    Last edited by MDABE80; 02-16-2020 at 01:34 PM. Reason: corrects horrible phone text message

Zags win WCC season regardless, but could lose another game. Provo will be tough, but SMC on senior night (given their history) without Tillie is also a possible loss. WCC Final is another.

To run the next six games is much easier with Tillie. To reach the Final Four or win the NC requires him. Tough choice for him, but his draft consequences will suffer unless he demonstrates the ability to come back from injury. Hope he returns, but support whatever decision he makes.

Since it was a game-time decision, and the fact that he warmed up pre-game, I wouldn't worry about it. He'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinZag View Post
    Zags win WCC season regardless, but could lose another game. Provo will be tough, but SMC on senior night (given their history) without Tillie is also a possible loss. WCC Final is another.

To run the next six games is much easier with Tillie. To reach the Final Four or win the NC requires him. Tough choice for him, but his draft consequences will suffer unless he demonstrates the ability to come back from injury. Hope he returns, but support whatever decision he makes.
    He is never going to be drafted. This Team is stretching itís limits with the players we have and they are doing great but we havenít had Tillie available for six straight games in quite a while and there probably isnít enough duct tape and baling wire to hold him together for the rest of the season. Itís a shame because those rare few games he is healthy have been wonderful to watch.

Its frustrating we get no momentum with Tillie, it's a mystery week to week with him and unfortunately I believe he will struggle making a career in Basketball. Obviously it's more frustrating for Tills and I feel for the kid. I just hope we can peice together enough games down the stretch to make a March run.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Its frustrating we get no momentum with Tillie, it's a mystery week to week with him and unfortunately I believe he will struggle making a career in Basketball. Obviously it's more frustrating for Tills and I feel for the kid. I just hope we can peice together enough games down the stretch to make a March run.
    It is what it is. We'd much rather have him in March than now. But I hope he's ready to go next game of course, and the rest of the way. Heal up, big fella, we need ya.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

My guess is he pushed himself to play for the St. Mary’s game, and decided to take a bit more time afterwards. I’ll bet he is healthy for the rest of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Since it was a game-time decision, and the fact that he warmed up pre-game, I wouldn't worry about it. He'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    My guess is he pushed himself to play for the St. Mary’s game, and decided to take a bit more time afterwards. I’ll bet he is healthy for the rest of the year!
    I’m also guessing rest. Don’t need him, why play him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Good guess Mal. My exact same feelings. No worries. Keep thinking positive. Don't let the doubters infect your thinking.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scott257 View Post
    He is never going to be drafted. This Team is stretching itís limits with the players we have and they are doing great but we havenít had Tillie available for six straight games in quite a while and there probably isnít enough duct tape and baling wire to hold him together for the rest of the season. Itís a shame because those rare few games he is healthy have been wonderful to watch.
    Exactly what I was going to post. This idea that he is still a viable pro prospect is only in the minds of people that play scratch off tickets always expecting to win big. Just not going to happen and to no fault of anyone, kid just has had terrible luck with injuries only contrasted by his amazing potential if he could have been healthy for even half his basketball career. Sucks but itís the truth.

And then the part where we are so thin without him and Watson that we really have no chance to make it very far in the NCAAs, well Iím just enjoying the regular season ride.

I will take that bet all day. If he didnít have the health issues he would be a lottery pick. He likely goes 2nd round because of that but he will be drafted if healthy at draft time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Exactly what I was going to post. This idea that he is still a viable pro prospect is only in the minds of people that play scratch off tickets always expecting to win big. Just not going to happen and to no fault of anyone, kid just has had terrible luck with injuries only contrasted by his amazing potential if he could have been healthy for even half his basketball career. Sucks but itís the truth.

And then the part where we are so thin without him and Watson that we really have no chance to make it very far in the NCAAs, well Iím just enjoying the regular season ride.
    Come on now. He isnít a ďviable pro prospectĒ because of his injury history? I can understand saying he wonít be a first rounder as those guys get guaranteed contracts but anything further than that is just not accurate.

Tillie himself commented on how he had previously been involved in decoy warmups, pretending as though he might plan to keep the other team in the dark. BYU did it vs GU this year with Yoeli Childs, and Tillie remarked that he'd gone through fake warmups before.

The face that he warmed up last night is 0 evidence that he or the staff considered he'd play. Someone from the Spokane area did mention seeing him limping around town or campus on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I will take that bet all day. If he didnít have the health issues he would be a lottery pick. He likely goes 2nd round because of that but he will be drafted if healthy at draft time.

I really would be happy to see that but I donít believe it will happen. The NBA doesnít gamble too much, consider all the hype around Bol Bol and he barely made it being the 44th pick in the draft last year. Durability is a huge issue when teams consider using a draft pick.

Default Tillieís status

I really would be happy to see that but I donít believe it will happen. The NBA doesnít gamble too much, consider all the hype around Bol Bol and he barely made it being the 44th pick in the draft last year. Durability is a huge issue when teams consider using a draft pick.
    All the NBA does is gamble on half the draft. Pointing to Bol Bol only makes my point in that he had worse injuries than Tillie yet was drafted. Regardless, we will see and we all want him to get his shot.

All the NBA does is gamble on half the draft. Pointing to Bol Bol only makes my point in that he had worse injuries than Tillie yet was drafted. Regardless, we will see and we all want him to get his shot.

They gamble when there seems to be a really high upside. They know many such gambles won’t pay off, but assume the minority’s that do pay off will have a high enough upside to compensate. A completely healthy Tillie who never sprains a pinky the rest of his life has an upside as an nba bench player that’s basically Kyle wiltjer who can defend.

As long as Tillie's medical status/availability remains a game time decision, let's hope it is messing with our opponents' heads/game prep as much as it is with the posters here.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    They gamble when there seems to be a really high upside. They know many such gambles won’t pay off, but assume the minority’s that do pay off will have a high enough upside to compensate. A completely healthy Tillie who never sprains a pinky the rest of his life has an upside as an nba bench player that’s basically Kyle wiltjer who can defend.
    You really don't think much of the quality of Zag players, do you?

I know that we disagree on the Clarke thing, now this and, after ALL of last season and 26 games THIS season didn't know how to spell Filip's name.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    They gamble when there seems to be a really high upside. They know many such gambles wonít pay off, but assume the minorityís that do pay off will have a high enough upside to compensate. A completely healthy Tillie who never sprains a pinky the rest of his life has an upside as an nba bench player thatís basically Kyle wiltjer who can defend.
    I think you highly underrate the ability of Tillie at the next level but to each their own I suppose.

Agreed...honestly I think the only reason he played at Saint Mary's is because it was Saint Mary's. If that game had been LMU or Portland I don't think he would have played. I have no info on how his ankle is progressing, but I honestly wouldn't be shocked at all if he sits against USF, plays against BYU and sits against USD.

With that kind of uncertainty, the Books should have labeled yesterday's game and each Zag game going forward as NO LINE. Am I the only one who had no clue Killian would not be playing yesterday? If you think I doth protest too much, count yourselves lucky I chose not to bet on the game.

Tillie out was a surprise to me as well. Did I miss something prior on that? Petro really stepped up for this one and thankfully Corey's three was falling. Joel came on late, Woolridge seemed slow to get things going, Admon is money. Wooly turnovers early kept us in check. Love the fight our big Texas boy has in him.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

I don’t think TTown’s comment was a knock on Tillie. A Wiltjer who can defend would be a very good player

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    You really don't think much of the quality of Zag players, do you?

I know that we disagree on the Clarke thing, now this and, after ALL of last season and 26 games THIS season didn't know how to spell Filip's name.

I think Brandon Clarke's season at GU was the best year for a power forward in GU history. I don't think Clarke is as good as Zion Williamson, or will be as productive this year or over their careers. I offered to make a small gentleman's bet with the money amount of your choice going to a charity of your choice if your predicted outcome (Clarke better than Zion) materialized. You declined to support your views with anything other than typing, but then tell me I don't think much of Zag player quality. My viewpoint Zion>Clarke is shared by the vast vast majority of basketball teams who were putting their money on the line to pay for players, not just typing on keyboards. Clarke was a steal at #1. He's not better than Zion or Ja.

Can you provide an NBA comparison for a healthy Tillie which is more accurate than my description "Wiltjer, but who can defend"? Let's just hope and plan that he's never injured again. Who is his NBA comparison that isn't a role player coming off the bench for a quarter of the game or less?

I think you highly underrate the ability of Tillie at the next level but to each their own I suppose.
    Which professional players would you see a healthy Tillie being at all similar to?
    Last edited by LTownZag; 02-16-2020 at 11:59 PM.