Thread: Wow, Suggs' team not allowed to compete for national championship.

Default Wow, Suggs' team not allowed to compete for national championship.

How many states donít allow high school programs to participate in post season tournaments?

I donít see the fairness if other states have different rules and so many kids are playing AAU ball.
    Parlez-vous franÁais?

Hope he gets to compete for one next year.

Welcome to the interesting interactions involving the NFHS, state associations, and large tournaments. It's a mess.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Default Wow, Suggs' team not allowed to compete for national championship.

The Minnesota State High School League only allows member teams to play games in bordering states or provinces. For example the only reason Sierra Canyon was allowed to play Minnehaha was because the game took place in Minnesota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is very weird.

It is his parents fault.

Why did they not know that, when they had him, he needed to live in another state to play in this game?
    It's not funny.

To borrow from Minnesotan Garrison Keillor: "We could have rewarded our players and their parents and supporters by letting them take a nice trip to New York to play for a championship. We could have let them compete against the best of the best and get national exposure. We could have let them meet players and coaches from different parts of the country. We could have allowed them all to have a great time. But alas, we were Lutherans."

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    To borrow from Minnesotan Garrison Keillor: "We could have rewarded our players and their parents and supporters by letting them take a nice trip to New York to play for a championship. We could have let them compete against the best of the best and get national exposure. We could have let them meet players and coaches from different parts of the country. We could have allowed them all to have a great time. But alas, we were Lutherans."
    Ha! Love it!
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    How many states donít allow high school programs to participate in post season tournaments?

I donít see the fairness if other states have different rules and so many kids are playing AAU ball.
    I'm pretty sure all states have post-season tournaments.

Some state associations might have differing rules about playing outside of their association, but it's up to each state association.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    It is his parents fault.

Why did they not know that, when they had him, he needed to live in another state to play in this game?
    Our daughter’s the Mrs’s & my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post

Miss him dearly...it was a GREAT show!