Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rui and Brandon in the Rising Stars Game

Default Rui and Brandon in the Rising Stars Game

Rui and Brandon are both on the international team playing in the Rising Stars Challenge at 6:00 PM on TNT Comcast channel 662.

Box Score
    Last edited by ZagNative; 02-14-2020 at 05:29 PM.

Fun watching them together again!

How’d they look?

In this article about Zion, they mention that Rui and Brandon each had 6 dunks to tie for most in the game.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...tars-challenge

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    How’d they look?

They got to start and executed at least one Zag play. Everyone looked like they were having fun. Brandon was impressive. I don’t know if anyone in that group could guard Zion yet, but there wasn’t much defense as expected.
    Parlez-vous français?

BC>Zion

Brandon Clarke
    Memphis Grizzlies (Canada)
    Forward | Grade: A

Game stats
    22 points | 8 rebounds | 1 steal | 11-15 FGs

Analysis
    Had the World team won, Clarke would have been a strong contender for MVP. It's no surprise that Clarke, shooting 65% inside the 3-point line this season, went 11-of-14 on 2-point attempts. He had a powerful two-hand finish and went way above the rim to finish a Doncic alley-oop in addition to grabbing a game-high eight rebounds.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Rui Hachimura
    Washington Wizards (Japan)
    Forward | Grade: B+

Game stats
    14 points | 4 assists | 1 steal | 7-11 FGs

Analysis
    A popular target above the rim for his World teammates, particularly early in the game, Hachimura dunked home six of his seven field goals. That could have been even more had Hachimura finished an alley-oop from Clarke, but he reciprocated with a nice extra pass to set up a Clarke dunk on the next play -- one of four assists on the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    BC>Zion
    I haven't watched Zion play in the NBA at all. I have seen that he is scoring well, but much has been free throws. I don't know if he is actually foulde or is getting calls because of his 'bull in a china shop' style of play.

I do think that Clarke is at least as good, if not a better player than Zion, at this stage of their careers. How that will play out over the next 10 is anybody's guess. If BC really develops a 3pt shot, and makes 2-3/game. He will be an all star for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I haven't watched Zion play in the NBA at all.

I do think that Clarke is at least as good, if not a better player than Zion, at this stage of their careers.

Clarke is amazing, but this is absurd.

Do you want to place a gentleman's bet ($20 to a charity?) on who will end the season, or 1 year from now, who will have a higher player efficiency rating or wins above replacement score, or any other measure of your choosing? (the bet could be voided if either misses more than 20% of remaining games)

Brandon and Rui are both excelling in the nba so far. It’s a treat to watch them continue to grow. But Zion is special. If he stays healthy he’ll be an all timer. Plus he seems like a genuinely good kid.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Brandon and Rui are both excelling in the nba so far. It’s a treat to watch them continue to grow. But Zion is special. If he stays healthy he’ll be an all timer. Plus he seems like a genuinely good kid.
    Totally agree. It's crazy that he isn't apparently more self centered and egotistical given his celebrity life from age 14 or 15 onward. Last year when their team lost to Gonzaga, he had classier postgame comments than Coach K (who said their team was tired or some silly excuse).

People believe what they want to believe.

Crazy talk to think BC is better than Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post

Clarke is amazing, but this is absurd.

Do you want to place a gentleman's bet ($20 to a charity?) on who will end the season, or 1 year from now, who will have a higher player efficiency rating or wins above replacement score, or any other measure of your choosing? (the bet could be voided if either misses more than 20% of remaining games)
    Nope. I don't bet on sports, but I WILL make a friendly wager that I am a better jeweler than any of them.

As a child, my Dad told me never to wager on what anybody else can, or will do, but, if you have to bet, bet only on yourself.

As for it being absurd, it is an opinion. It may match yours and it may not. End of season stats etc really don't affect MY opinion.

I will ask a question, with no betting involved...At the end of the season, which one do you expect to have a better FG percentage and more rebounds?

Nope. I don't bet on sports, but I WILL make a friendly wager that I am a better jeweler than any of them.

As a child, my Dad told me never to wager on what anybody else can, or will do, but, if you have to bet, bet only on yourself.

As for it being absurd, it is an opinion. It may match yours and it may not. End of season stats etc really don't affect MY opinion.

I will ask a question, with no betting involved...At the end of the season, which one do you expect to have a better FG percentage and more rebounds?
    Currently Zion averages almost 2 rpg more and averages 10 ppg more while shooting 58% to Clark's 62%. You also cant forget Zion is 4 years younger than Clarke, what is Zion going to be when he's 23. I love BC but 30 out of 30 NBA GM's would take Zion over Clarke.

Minutes played help determine that too.

But just for you....

Top Rookies in terms of player efficiency ratings.

1 Brandon Clarke, MEM 47 21.8 .674 12.4 8.1 18.8 6.9 20.7 13.9 21.91 174.5 5.8
    2 Michael Porter Jr., DEN 39 14.3 .609 9.2 9.5 21.8 8.5 25.5 16.9 19.98 70.4 2.3
    3 Ja Morant, MEM 48 29.9 .568 27.5 12.4 27.4 2.4 10.0 6.3 18.43 159.1 5.3
    4 Jaxson Hayes, NO 52 17.8 .677 12.7 10.1 15.0 9.2 16.1 12.6 18.20 105.3 3.5
    5 Daniel Gafford, CHI 33 12.7 .660 9.4 12.1 13.4 9.7 10.6 10.1 17.12 35.2 1.2
    6 Terence Davis, TOR 55 17.3 .615 18.8 10.7 18.4 5.0 16.1 10.6 15.57 72.1 2.4
    7 Jordan McLaughlin, MIN 19 19.1 .545 35.9 6.9 16.7 0.8 8.7 4.6 14.86 20.8 0.7
    8 Rui Hachimura, WSH 30 28.8 .540 10.0 5.9 19.3 5.6 17.3 11.2 14.47 38.3 1.3

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Currently Zion averages almost 2 rpg more and averages 10 ppg more while shooting 58% to Clark's 62%. You also cant forget Zion is 4 years younger than Clarke, what is Zion going to be when he's 23. I love BC but 30 out of 30 NBA GM's would take Zion over Clarke.
    Out of the game with permanent knee damage?

Nobody knows. It is ALL speculation.

Out of the game with permanent knee damage?

Nobody knows. It is ALL speculation.
    That’s right. Nobody knows at all who will end up with a better career, I’m just going to enjoy watching them both play. Hoping for the best for Zion, but I do think he needs to change his body. 285 pounders aren’t supposed to jump 45 inches off the ground.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Brandon Clarke. Zion Williamsonsson is a flash in the pan.

Brandon Clarke. Zion Williamsonsson is a flash in the pan.
    I don't know that. He COULD turn out to be really good, but his body style is unique. It is just as easy to see him blowing out his knee as having a long career.

Clarke could as well, but his body type and skills don't suggest that.

Zion.

I don't know that. He COULD turn out to be really good, but his body style is unique. It is just as easy to see him blowing out his knee as having a long career.

Clarke could as well, but his body type and skills don't suggest that.
    I feel like he could break any minute. (But I’ve also had a few beers tonight)

I feel like he could break any minute. (But I’ve also had a few beers tonight)
    Which can also cause us non-pro's to break an ankle while climbing the stairs at our house. Especially if the few beers are barleywine.