Thread: Zag Players at AAU tournament - article

Default Zag Players at AAU tournament - article

Nice article in the Coeur d'Alene Press about how the guys go and support youth leagues around the area.

THE FRONT ROW with MARK NELKE: It’s a big deal when Zags show up for local youth games

Just hours after shellacking the Saint Mary’s Gaels the previous night in Moraga, Calif., in what was supposed to be a West Coast Conference showdown but instead was a 30-point laugher in favor of the Zags, several Gonzaga players were at West Valley High in Spokane on Sunday, as the Spokane AAU basketball league crowned its champions.

When the Beastmode Ballers captured the fifth-grade boys championship, they received their individual awards from some pretty famous folks — Corey Kispert, Ryan Woolridge, Killian Tillie and Admon Gilder, members of the team ranked second in all of college basketball.

THE ZAG quartet posed with the Beastmode Ballers for a team photo following the victory.

“The kids are totally starstruck by seeing the Zags players sitting behind their bench watching the game,” said James Anderson, Beastmode Ballers coach who is also coach of the Lake City High girls basketball team.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

That's awsome. These guys stepping up and making a possible future Zags night !!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What a great idea.

Very cool. It would be like meeting a celebrity for those kids.

Hey JP, what do you mean “like” meeting a celebrity? ��

Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    Hey JP, what do you mean “like” meeting a celebrity? ��
    Not sure They check all of the boxes. I think I compartmentalize amateur athletes into an arbitrary sub-category.

The Gonzaga student body should take note of how the Gonzaga men's and women's basketball teams become part of the Spokane community. So important. Great town.

Great!