Thread: KREM Interview with Jeff Borzello

Default KREM Interview with Jeff Borzello

ESPN's Jeff Borzello was in town last week for the game and the people at KREM interviewed him.

Zags have as good of a shot as anybody.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

This is the ESPN guy who urged we get demoted From our no 1 because our offense was sputtering. This after we put up 83 and 87 pts. He figured Baylor just deserve our no 1 spot because of our alleged weak offense.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    This is the ESPN guy who urged we get demoted From our no 1 because our offense was sputtering. This after we put up 83 and 87 pts. He figured Baylor just deserve our no 1 spot because of our alleged weak offense.
    Yeah, not a fan. The Zags offense is absolutely a cut above every team in Division 1. Even the closest team offensively (Dayton) is nearly 2 points per 100 possessions below the Zags. After that, there's a much bigger step off (LSU, Iowa, BYU, Creighton, Duke -- which is a whole 5 points lower). Average margin of victory is a full 5 points better than any team in college basketball. Good luck scoring 90 on Gonzaga.

The Zags have essentially perfected their 2020 offensive scheme, and now that they have, it's on to DEFENSE, which at this point they are excelling (ranked #4 nationally in the last 10 games). Those are ingredients for a deep run, barring injuries. Never ceases to amaze me what the team does year to year -- particularly this year when there was so much turnover. Stunning, really. A healthy Watson would have been the icing as he was leading the team in steals per minute, and second in FTA/FGA after Filip. Way high up in rebounds as well.

Borzello clearly hasn't put his actual eyeballs on many Zag games.