Thread: 2021 noise v2.0

Default 2021 noise v2.0

https://twitter.com/InsideTheKennel/...593390592?s=19

One of the most versatile big men in the 2021 class has caught the eye of Gonzaga. @DaRonagon from @MillenniumHoops and @teamwhynot is proving to be one of the best big men prospects out West in the class https://t.co/7DAYLBpsz3

DaRon Holmes. 6'8" 195 lbs. #9 in AZ.

https://247sports.com/Player/DaRon-Holmes-46057181/

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    https://twitter.com/InsideTheKennel/...593390592?s=19

One of the most versatile big men in the 2021 class has caught the eye of Gonzaga. @DaRonagon from @MillenniumHoops and @teamwhynot is proving to be one of the best big men prospects out West in the class https://t.co/7DAYLBpsz3

DaRon Holmes. 6'8" 195 lbs. #9 in AZ.

https://247sports.com/Player/DaRon-Holmes-46057181/
    Watched DaRon play against Sierra Canyon at Hoophall West. He wore a headband and looked more like LeBron than LeBron's son.

Great frame and athletic ability, didn't really spot up shoot but showed a good motor and an ability to defend and rebound at a high level. They ran their offense through him and he's certainly a guy that will have his pick of top programs.

It kind of seems like Gonzaga is going to have their pick of top bigs from this class. I haven't seen Bittle or Gregg but as far as the other dudes I would say it's fair to put Chet and Paolo a notch above DaRon, with DaRon being just as talented as any of the guys in the tier right below that.

Caldwell are we recruiting this PG Isael Silva from Jesuit HS in Sacramento? If not are we looking at any PG's

Looking at the 2021 PG's he is the biggest on the ESPN Top 60...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Caldwell are we recruiting this PG Isael Silva from Jesuit HS in Sacramento? If not are we looking at any PG's

Looking at the 2021 PG's he is the biggest on the ESPN Top 60...
    According to 247sports, the Zags have offered him

Default Jake Wiengarten Interview

https://www.krem.com/article/sports/...2-d7661537dc52

Interesting interview with stockrisers.com’s Jake Wiengarten who discusses some 2021 recruits, mentioning Arthur Kaluma is taking an unofficial visit, and Peyton Watson’s official. Biggest tidbit is that Jake seems to believe Paolo will ultimately pick the zags. I believe some have mentioned his sources must be the players themselves. Here is hoping his prediction is based on some firsthand knowledge.

Wow big and interesting news. I’m going to have to look up Silva

Imagine a 2021-22 starting lineup of:

Dominick Harris
    Julian Strawther
    Chet Holmgren
    Paolo Banchero
    Oumar Ballo

....maybe Suggs sticks around to play w this group too, wowser!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post

Dominick Harris
    Julian Strawther
    Chet Holmgren
    Paolo Banchero
    Oumar Ballo

That’s a great group. It think Harris will primarily play the two spot, and Strawther the three spot. We’ll
    see, however.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post

Dominick Harris
    Julian Strawther
    Chet Holmgren
    Paolo Banchero
    Oumar Ballo

Gotta think Anton Watson is still going to be around for the '21-'22 season, especially after his injury this year. Just take that into consideration...these upcoming teams are going to be ridiculously loaded if recruiting pans out.

I think we are in a great spot with Paolo and would agree with Jake that we will most likely land him in the end. Of course in recruiting things change fast. The Kaluma visit is interesting to me, as we have monitored him, but we are definitely a ways from offering him at this point, we want to see a jump in his offensive game this year during AAU. Watson is slowly becoming a priority recruit for us at the wing. As of right now the 2021 class is a long ways from shaking out, but I could see it being something like Paolo, Chet/Bittle, Watson, Hunter, and Collins/Silva. I would not be shocked to see a 5 man class for 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I think we are in a great spot with Paolo and would agree with Jake that we will most likely land him in the end. Of course in recruiting things change fast. The Kaluma visit is interesting to me, as we have monitored him, but we are definitely a ways from offering him at this point, we want to see a jump in his offensive game this year during AAU. Watson is slowly becoming a priority recruit for us at the wing. As of right now the 2021 class is a long ways from shaking out, but I could see it being something like Paolo, Chet/Bittle, Watson, Hunter, and Collins/Silva. I would not be shocked to see a 5 man class for 2021.
    Thanks for the update. I hope we don't get Silva. His ranking is way too high compared to his gameplay eye test.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    That would be something. Florida St type depth but higher quality players.

Nolan Hickman climbs to 42 in 247 rankings after a really impressive junior year. I have to imagine he's firmly in the discussion as a 2021 PG, especially with the Paolo ties. Can we make this an 8 man class?

From Jim Meehan:

Gonzaga has another big recruiting weekend coming up with visits from two top 30 prospects in the 2021 class.

Arthur Kaluma, a 6-foot-8 forward from Dream Christian High in Glendale, Arizona, is making an unofficial visit for Thursday’s game against San Diego. Peyton Watson, a 6-7 wing from Long Beach (California) Poly will be in Spokane for the weekend, including Saturday’s Senior Night matchup against Saint Mary’s.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Nolan Hickman climbs to 42 in 247 rankings after a really impressive junior year. I have to imagine he's firmly in the discussion as a 2021 PG, especially with the Paolo ties. Can we make this an 8 man class?
    With the state tournaments starting up there are lots of articles about various players. I found this one about Nolan Hickman and thought I'd share.

Class 3A boys story of 2019-20: To become the state’s top point guard, Eastside Catholic’s Nolan Hickman had to ‘bring the dog out’
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus