Thread: Latest Bilas Index

Default Latest Bilas Index

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-20-version-30

"The only thing that limits Bulldogs is the vulnerability to a physical, clutch-and-grab defensive team that will be allowed to foul the bejesus out of Gonzaga while three whistles are swallowed. And they will be."

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-20-version-30

"The only thing that limits Bulldogs is the vulnerability to a physical, clutch-and-grab defensive team that will be allowed to foul the bejesus out of Gonzaga while three whistles are swallowed. And they will be."
    An obvious reference to Texas Tech from last year?

Have to combat that kind of defense by matching it. Refs will have to call it the same both ways.

Last year's team didn't adjust and match the physicality of Tech. Would've been able to get away with some of those hand checks and such.

However, this year's team really doesn't foul on defense. Can't have guys in foul trouble with a shorter than short rotation. There's legitimate concern a team playing Tech's style can boot us out.

That mauling by TT. I will say they had a special skill at this with quick hands and artful theft of sorts. Not sure that can quite be duplicated. Something could be learned about that type of defense, just not sure exactly what but it sure worked for them. I hope those refs learned something watching it later.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Interesting that he sees both SMC and BYU as possible sweet 16 teams.

Go WCC

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    Have to combat that kind of defense by matching it. Refs will have to call it the same both ways.
    We don't have the depth to foul. Everyone has had to turn down the aggressiveness because someone fouling out now will cost us a close game.

Losing Watson was a very big blow and not just because of his size, length, and quick hands but because of the impact to attacking on defense.
    Quit social media. You'll be better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilzag View Post
    We don't have the depth to foul. Everyone has had to turn down the aggressiveness because someone fouling out now will cost us a close game.

Losing Watson was a very big blow and not just because of his size, length, and quick hands but because of the impact to attacking on defense.
    I did say that in my comment above. I agree with it.

Tell us what you really, think, Jay:

"There are more teams that can lose to a team from the pile of unwashed, which is not the norm. Everybody is capable of losing. But don't buy into this "anybody can win" nonsense. If anybody could win, they would win. They cannot. An outstanding team can lose, but a team that is not outstanding cannot win multiple games in the NCAA tournament (unless several outstanding teams fall down in its path).

As we approach the NCAA tournament, which funds the NCAA's lobbying efforts, i.e., spending hundreds of thousands of dollars annually to keep from sharing any money with the players. . ."
    Is it sad and pathetic that Bilas lets his NCAA derangement syndrome seep into his writing ? Does it make him look unprofessional ?

He's been banging the same "fix the NCAA" drum for years now. Is it getting old, tiresome, annoying ? Or is it just a schtick as is the "Bilastrator" persona he uses to pen the column ?

[QUOTE=RenoZag;1504282]Tell us what you really, think, Jay:

Is it sad and pathetic that Bilas lets his NCAA derangement syndrome seep into his writing ? Does it make him look unprofessional ?QUOTE]

I (think) I see what you did there.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Tell us what you really, think, Jay:

Is it sad and pathetic that Bilas lets his NCAA derangement syndrome seep into his writing ? Does it make him look unprofessional ?

He's been banging the same "fix the NCAA" drum for years now. Is it getting old, tiresome, annoying ? Or is it just a schtick as is the "Bilastrator" persona he uses to pen the column ?
    No. It pertains to his view of the landscape of college basketball.

Absolutely agree, Markburn Numero Uno. NC2A's been a broken billionaire's toy for a long while now & more pieces keep falling off all the time. Can be fixed. Got the resources. Make a plan. Fix it.