Thread: Podcast with Few and Scott Van Pelt

Default Podcast with Few and Scott Van Pelt

This was a fun conversation with Few and some of the guys at ESPN. This is a link to the Twitter post where I listened to it, but I'm sure it's also available at ESPN Podcasts. The conversation with Few starts about 10 - 12 in (I think there was about 36 minutes left when they started and they talked for about 20 minutes.

https://twitter.com/espnpodcasts/sta...99878979080193
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Really nice interview. Thanks for posting!

Crazy to hear SVP refer you GU as a blue blood now. Not sure I fully agree, but great to hear that kind of respect

Mark Few is so engaging! That was just a fun listen. Thanks for posting, Radbooks!

Enjoyed that interview alot. Mark seemed relaxed and opened up more with the ESPN crew in that kind of a format than he typically does after a game or with the local broadcasters and journalists. Liked his comments on recruiting internationally and discerning which prospects are pseudo-pros and which want to actually work on their degree. Well worth the time to listen to! THX
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Mark Few is so engaging! That was just a fun listen. Thanks for posting, Radbooks!
    Worth every minute....

Go Zags!!!

Van Pelt has established a good rapport with Coach Few over the years and regularly interviews him.

Thank you for the link, Radbooks. Enjoyed listening to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Engaging, and seems to enjoy talking basketball in general— except when he speaks to Heister, for some reason

I remember recently when Heister was surprised that Timme was vocal on the floor, Few said something like, “Maybe you should watch more and talk less.” I might have chuckled out loud when I heard that one. I suppose that Heister invites and enjoys the pokes in the ribs. most interviews are fun but the Mark Few Show ones can be painful.

This is a wonderful conversation. Thank you for sharing.

It was nice to hear the interviewer mentioned (after Few had hung up) that whistles kept GU from winning a title in 2017.