X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seacatfan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2014

Not a ranked team, but I just noticed that GU opponent Dayton is undefeated still in their conference--A-10. They were only 7-7 in OOC but are 12-0 now in league, obviously got it together after some struggles early.

Comment

• sylean
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2010

good for the Zags, FLorida state lost....we could use a few more losses/wins today to solidify our position....its going to be an interesting next few weeks.....

Comment

• seacatfan
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2014

NC State lost to Georgia Tech, their 2nd loss of the week. Any talk of them challenging for that 4th #1 seed is probably history.

Stanford needed a miracle to escape from Colorado, after trailing by 3 w/ 12 seconds left they got a pair of 3s from Kiana Williams sandwiching a bad turn over by the Buffs. 69-66, the last one was about a half court heave as the clock expired.

Indiana lost at home to unranked Ohio St.

Washington gave Arizona St. all they could handle in Tempe. Down the road Arizona beat Washington St. easily.

Comment

• TerpZag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Ohio St defeats #20 Indiana 80-76...

Maryland drops Penn St 106-69...6 Lady Terps score in double figures...
          The Terps could use some help from Nebraska in their game against #19 Northwestern...

#4 NC State loses to Georgia Tech 65-61...

Comment

• seacatfan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2014

UConn was down at the half to South Florida, still close most of the way thru Q3 but then the Huskies ran away with it and won by 20.

Comment

• seacatfan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2014

Chennedy Carter finally returned for Texas A&M, not rusty at all apparently. 37 points today in a 73-71 win @ Tennessee. Could this FINALLY knock the Vols out of the rankings?

Comment

• seacatfan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2014

Louisville hammered Notre Dame. This is definitely the year to get the Irish.

Iowa and DePaul cruised to easy wins. Northwestern had to come back late against Nebraska. Oregon not having too much trouble w/ USC.

Comment

• seacatfan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2014

Mississippi St. in some trouble, down 16 thru Q3 @ Kentucky.

It's definitely the top 3, and then everybody else this year. Maryland might be the next best team. UConn just doesn't impress me. Beat up on bad teams mostly, struggle against a few, and got their tales kicked by all 3 of the Big 3 (and two of them were at home).

Comment

• sylean
                    Zag for Life
                    • Mar 2010

not much help for the Lady Zags today...Indiana and FLorida State lost.....Stanford held on.....NCst losing is probably a moot point but I am so afraid of the ripple effect that would flush us down as well.....

still just have to win out and see what happens....

Comment

• ZagDad84
                      Zag for Life
                      • Dec 2014

So how did the teams in the seed lines #3 thru #5 do this week.

#3 Seed Line as of 2/11/2020
                      #9 Louisville - Beat #4 NC State and Notre Dame
                      #6 Miss. St - Beat #16 Texas A&M but lost to #18 Kentucky.
                      #11 Oregon State - Lost to unranked USC and plays #7 UCLA on Monday and #8 Stanford on Friday - If they lose both, could be trouble for the Beavers and a possible drop to a 5 seed.
                      #13 DePaul - Beat unranked Butler and unranked Xavier easily

#4 Seed Line as of 2/11/2020
                      #19 Northwestern - Won two tight games with unranked Michigan and unranked Nebraska
                      #12 Arizona - Won both games against the Washington schools.
                      #15 Gonzaga - Won both games against USF and SCU
                      #17 Iowa - Got hammered by #10 Maryland by 34 points and then beat Wisconsin by 26 points.

#5 Seed Line as of 2/11/2020
                      #14 Florida State - Beat unranked Virginia and got beat by unranked Duke
                      #16 Texas A&M - Beat unranked Vanderbilt and beat #25 Tennessee
                      #20 Indiana - Beat unranked Villanova and lost to unranked Ohio State
                      #24 Missouri State - Beat unranked Drake and unranked Southern Illinois

The top 3 teams in the country (Baylor, South Carolina and Oregon) all won relatively easily so they will stay on the #1 seed line. I think with 2 losses this week NC State will be moved off the #1 seed line and back to the #2 seed line. I think either UCLA (if they beat Oregon State) or Maryland will move up to the #1 seed line. UConn got hammered by #1 South Carolina, but I don't see the committee moving them off the #2 seed line for a loss to the #1 team in the country. Stanford had two very uninspired wins this week, but not having a loss does not get you moved. So no #2 seeds drop to a #3 seed line this week.

I don't see a lot of movement in the #3, #4 and #5 seed lines this week. If Oregon State losses to #7 UCLA on Monday, I think they will drop to a #4 seed. You have to prove you can win when a player goes down to injury and OSU has not done that yet. If OSU loses to UCLA I think Northwestern or Arizona will move up to the #3 seed line. #17 Iowa could drop to a #5 seed line but it is both good and bad. A loss at the home of the #10 team in the country is not to bad but when you get blown out by 34 points it is not a good look. Maybe hanging onto a 4-seed line by a thread.

On the #5 seed line, #14 Florida State and #20 Indiana both split their games and both losing to unranked teams. Their spots on the #5 seed line could be in jeopardy. #16 Texas A&M was not impressive in their two wins but they did beat #25 Tennessee. I just don't see the committee moving up Missouri State unless Gonzaga drops. The committee just will not want to see three mid-majors (Depaul, Gonzaga, & Missouri State) hosting and since Gonzaga beat Missouri State by double digits, the zags win this comparison.

As for the #6 seed line, Arizona State was lucky just to get away with two very tight games against the Washington schools. I don't see them moving up. Princeton is, like GU, can do nothing to move up, they have to hope the teams above them keep losing, a lot. I don't see them moving up this week. #18 Kentucky got nailed against #25 Arkansas but then took down #6 Miss St by 11. I think Kentucky is going nowhere this week. Unranked LSU took down #25 Tennessee but lost to unranked Auburn. Don't see LSU moving up this week.

Most of the movement will be determine by the outcome of the #11 Oregon State vs #7 UCLA on Monday. Stay tuned for Tuesday night for the new brackets.

ZagDad

Comment

• seacatfan
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2014

Stanford demolished Utah on Friday night. I think you're being a bit harsh calling that uninspired Zag Dad. They scored 55 in the first half, coasted in the second half and still won by 33. You're hard to impress. Zags haven't been scoring much more than 55 total in many of their games (haven't cracked the 60 point barrier in 6 of their WCC games).

Comment

• ZagDad84
                          Zag for Life
                          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
                          Stanford demolished Utah on Friday night. I think you're being a bit harsh calling that uninspired Zag Dad. They scored 55 in the first half, coasted in the second half and still won by 33. You're hard to impress. Zags haven't been scoring much more than 55 total in many of their games (haven't cracked the 60 point barrier in 6 of their WCC games).
                          Have to keep you on your toes SeaCat.

Can't have you slumping at the end of the season.

ZagDad

Comment

• seacatfan
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2014

Oregon St. is trying to set some kind of record for turnovers. 8 in the first quarter. They are writing the book on how to lose while outshooting your opponent by a whopping margin. This team has serious issues.

Comment

• seacatfan
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2014

Most of the first half OSU couldn't stop turning it over and UCLA couldn't shoot. Both teams corrected the problems, 3rd quarter turned into a shootout. UCLA wiped out a 14 point deficit, OSU up by 3 w/ a quarter to go.

Comment

• seacatfan
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2014

OSU started coughing up the ball in bunches again. Game going to OT. 22 TOs by the Beavs. I can't figure out how a team w/ a bunch of veteran guards is so bad at taking care of the ball.

To the surprise of no one, South Carolina hammered Vandy earlier.

Comment

Working...
                                X