Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petrusev and Serial Injustice

He's a kid. Kids make mistakes. No doubt Coach will address it. I don't think one less than stellar act defines him as a player.

TSSF game review article: https://www.slipperstillfits.com/202...at-saint-marys

includes this paragraph on the topic discussed in this thread:

Speaking of unselfishness, Filip Petrusev had a moment of madness about seven minutes into the second half which was not a good look for him. The Zags missed Petrusev deep in the post and didn’t throw the ball inside after he won position. That happens. What can’t happen is what he did next where he threw a little tantrum and gave up on the entire possession by walking out of the play. It wasn’t surprising to see him get subbed out at the next dead ball, though he compounded his initial mistake by jawing with the staff (at least that’s what it looked like on TV, a different, and charitable, interpretation of this sequence could be Petrusev was frustrated with the refs because he was being held on the play and no foul was called). He was allowed to return to the game a few minutes later and played with effort, but Mark Few and the rest of the staff almost assuredly had an extended conversation with him after the game. No matter how you look at the sequence, it was extremely immature on Petrusev’s part and not the Gonzaga way.
    More on the game at the link

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    TSSF game review article: https://www.slipperstillfits.com/202...at-saint-marys

includes this paragraph on the topic discussed in this thread:

More on the game at the link
    Accurate report. Especially the last 4 words.

Best part ( I hope Filip noticed) was that Tillie and Timme stepped up more than filled the void.

Quote Originally Posted by zagbeliever View Post
    He's a kid. Kids make mistakes. No doubt Coach will address it. I don't think one less than stellar act defines him as a player.
    Exactly. If we let that "less than stellar" act define him, then we might as well put Petrol on the bench and start Marty. Like that would ever happen. Petrol is one of my favorite Zags, and I refuse to have a negative thought about him. He's awesome !

"Just my thoughts with no evidence "

I wondering if the success of Timme as a freshman is eating on him. Few said Timme is quite the talker in practice and I bet they probably battle it out. Especially with Tillie not practicing.

Timme didn't feed him the ball and that's what pissed him off . Earlier this season Timme turned the ball over several times in situations like this. Forcing the pass. Mainly by not having the experience playing at this level. Im sure he's been coached to be careful with that pass. He's greatly improved as the season goes by.

Filip thinks that he's an NBA level player and needs to prove it. With 7 players averaging +10 it's tough to get the ball every time. Hopefully he understands his success is because of their success. It takes a team to win

That's why Gonzaga wins!!!

Go Zags

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Aren't the annals of hoops filled with guys who pouted when they were open and didn't get the ball ? Alpha male behaviors happen.

I think Filip, like Timme, has been getting better with each outing. Glad to have him in a Zags uniform (however long that is).

I am very happy to have Petrusev play for the Zags: I don’t want his stock to go down. Yes, there are successful pros who pout and carry on, but they get traded too often and end up being paid less in the long run than their potential could have garnered for them. Team oriented guys win more rings. I want nothing but the best for Filip. Walking away from a play doesn’t enhance any pro’s chances to win games or earning power.
    Parlez-vous français?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    It's not like he was going to hit someone with a chair. Learn from it and move on.

He was fine as the game ended. The kid's what, 19?
    I agree completely, especially given the fact that we really don’t have the full story. Seeing something out of context doesn’t warrant condemnation on our part. He plays with passion and that is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Accurate report. Especially the last 4 words.
    That story was written by a guy watching the game on tv that had no more direct information than you or me. Speculating about this and passing judgement and conclusions without the benefit of first hand information is not the Zag way either.

Quote Originally Posted by scott257 View Post
    That story was written by a guy watching the game on tv that had no more direct information than you or me. Speculating about this and passing judgement and conclusions without the benefit of first hand information is not the Zag way either.
    Good observation. Hopefully a thread capper