Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2021 Peyton Watson -- Official Visit 2/28

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsTilDeath View Post
    Yep with him deciding to announce so close to these predictions, I think itís a wrap. Pretty sad. He was one of my favorite recruits and pretty sure he would have been awesome at GU
    Not sure the draw to UCLA. They havenít been really good in a long time. PAC 12 just hasnít been great in general. Iíll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    Not sure the draw to UCLA. They haven’t been really good in a long time. PAC 12 just hasn’t been great in general. I’ll believe it when I see it.
    It doesn't have to make sense. Looks t all the high level players schools like USC get. They've never really been good and they still get high level recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    Not sure the draw to UCLA. They haven’t been really good in a long time. PAC 12 just hasn’t been great in general. I’ll believe it when I see it.
    Both USC & UCLA are good enough and have enough prestige to draw local players. California year in year out seems to always have a ton of top 100 recruits. Not to mention plenty of the super elite top 25. I just think they feel like the programs are good enough and they are close to home. At 18 years old I think most kids want their independence but if their school is only an hour or two from home they get the best of both.

Breaking: UCLA lands five-star Peyton Watson

He said that he made his decision after zooming with the staff last week, in addition, he accredited the work of Mick Cronin and the entire staff for being honest and real throughout the process: “Coach Cronin is super competitive just like me and he gets the best out of his players. He’s a straight shooter and 100% honest.”

This class has the potential to be a major class. Landing a top-10 prospect and now Watson says he will target Jaden Hardy, Nate Bittle, and Hunter Sallis.
    https://stockrisers.com/s/77/breakin...-peyton-watson

Hard to imagine committing to a school that has a less chance of having a season than most.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wonder what happened. Caldwell was more sure of Watson than any of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    It's a lot easier to be incorrect than correct.

Recent change of mind. Cronin is a good recruiter.... and he has much to recruit with. Not exactly a whiff. Kids are kids!quited by espn that he’s the no 1 player in Ca and UCLA is the original Blue Blood . Also said he wanted to stay close to home so his parents could see him play. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    It's a lot easier to be incorrect than correct.

Oh, you're married too,
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Oh, you're married too,
    Kudos to UCLA. That coach has built a few really good teams as of late, but the pressure of UCLA has slain many a coaching staff. Honestly I thought Watson would have been a better fit for Oregon despite not really recruiting him. Letís see how the rest of 2021 pans out.... in Banchero and Holmgren I hope we are successful. And in Few I trust. (Im happy with our Watson anyways)

Hard to imagine committing to a school that has a less chance of having a season than most.

Long day. I read 2021, and thought 2020. Oops!!

He wont be at UCLA until fall of 2021, by then we better have Covid under control.

All in on Caleb Houstan at the wing for 2021 now?

Would be interesting to see what Caldwell would have to say about Watson.
    America's Team!

Not much Henne. Kids are kids. If one reads the ESPN blurb with Watson's quotes, he just made a different decision. Anyone who's been on this board for even a few short years/seasons knows it's dangerous to predict what any kid might do. Nobody's fault. Anything can happen even if a kid signs. lol These days.... (rolls eyes). This kid made a last minute decision to stay home......based on Cronin's improving the program and his parents wanting him to stay closer to home.
    We have others in the pipeline. I'd hazzard a guess this decision by Mr Watson doesn't really matter. We do wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    On Twitter, Caldwell cryptically mentioned the ascension of another prospect.

“The recruit I hinted at earlier this week will not be the one one that announces... we have a new name that popped up in the 2021 class for a reason.”

My guess was Houstan, who was reclassifying from 2022 to 2021. Others were thinking the same thing. He is from Canada and goes to Monteverde Acadamey in Florida, and we all know how GU has done with that demographic. Houstan is a top 10 prospect in the 2021 class now per 247sports.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    All in on Caleb Houstan at the wing for 2021 now?
    Oops. I posted before I saw this.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Oops. I posted before I saw this.
    No problem, I was more posing a question to see if that's what others here are thinking.