Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 93

Thread: 2021 Peyton Watson -- Official Visit 2/28

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    I don't have any inside info, but with Nembhard and Harris locked down for 2021, I imagine it's going to be kind of hard to convince Sallis to come here.
    Why wouldn't he want to be the 3rd guard on possibly the nation's #1 team as a freshman, and step into the starting lineup as a sophmore ? That would be pretty cool situation for me if I were in his position, especially if he loves the Zags as much as I do. To me that would be awsomness at it's best.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Does this affect Sallis at all? My understanding is Sallis is a 2 and Watson a 3, no?
    From what I've seen from Sallis, I don't think he will (or should be) scared of Harris playing in front of him.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    especially if he loves the Zags as much as I do. To me that would be awsomness at it's best.
    I think you answered your own question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,470

    Default

    Crazy that Rivals/ESPN/24-7 doesn't have us even listed as interested/offered.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Crazy that Rivals/ESPN/24-7 doesn't have us even listed as interested/offered.
    Those sights just can't believe that that all these prospects are interested in tiny little Gonzaga

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Reviewing the early posts in this thread, it appears there's no official confirmation GU offered Peyton. I also did a quick cursory search on social media for an offer post and did not find any.

    There are multiple posts indicating GU has prioritized Peyton, though. Just not a direct comment "GU has offered Peyton Watson."

    That's probably why GU doesn't show up on those recruiting sites for Peyton. Happy to be corrected by someone more in the know, though.
    Last edited by StatZag19; 06-25-2020 at 05:34 PM.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Bold prediction of the day, Watson will be the next Zag commit.
    Just saying but I'm not sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for his announcement...I fell off my chair waiting for AN to commit...

    I hope you are absolutely right...it would be nice to shore up another highly ranked recruit!

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Just saying but I'm not sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for his announcement...I fell off my chair waiting for AN to commit...

    I hope you are absolutely right...it would be nice to shore up another highly ranked recruit!
    I slid forward a little on my seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Everyone has their favorite recruit. Peyton is mine. I sat a few seats down from he and his family when he visited. Seem like very nice people. His father was pleasant and courteous and Peyton was engaged in the game and crowd. He just looks like a basketball player. Think Scottie Pippen.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Scotty Pipen, how awsome would that be ?

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Watson just received two crystal ball predictions to UCLA

    https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...rtPredictions/

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    Watson just received two crystal ball predictions to UCLA

    https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...rtPredictions/
    Don’t need Caldy’s inside connections to know this isn’t good.

  13. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Don’t need Caldy’s inside connections to know this isn’t good.
    He did say we were going to get Watson...

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,876

    Default

    More than happy with the Watty we have, TYVM.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    More than happy with the Watty we have, TYVM.
    Unfortunately he might only be here 1 more year. I'd be gladly reup on a Watson.

    Not a great sign on the Watson front as Gershon is well connected but I'd be ecstatic with either Watson or Houstan so hopefully we still get 1.
    Last edited by OntZags; 07-23-2020 at 05:58 PM.

  16. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    Unfortunately he might only be here 1 more year. I'd be gladly reup on a Watson.

    Not a great sign on the Watson front as Gershon is well connected but I'd be ecstatic with either Watson or Houston so hopefully we still get 1.
    Watson is UCLA bound. Hoping for Houston now.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    spokane
    Posts
    106

    Default

    I'm hoping this means we're all in on houstan

  18. #68

    Default

    Tbh I’m not sold on Watson to UCLA. If a crystal ball prediction is what we are basing this all off of, I definitely still have hope.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsTilDeath View Post
    Tbh I’m not sold on Watson to UCLA. If a crystal ball prediction is what we are basing this all off of, I definitely still have hope.
    There is hope, but when Rivals & 247 are predicting UCLA with one of those predictions from Gershon its tough.

  20. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    There is hope, but when Rivals & 247 are predicting UCLA with one of those predictions from Gershon its tough.
    I totally agree. Gershon is pretty accurate. But if there one school that the expert analysts always overlook, sweep under the rug, or just forget about, it’s always us.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Via Jake Weingarten

    zagfan2000 said:
    Thought on the Peyton Watson to UCLA buzz?
    UCLA is definitely a contender for Watson. When talking with him the next steps are to cut down his list. If Mick Cronin is able to pull this one off, which wouldn't surprise me, this would be major for the Pac-12. I still like Gonzaga, Arizona, and some others. No favorite for me yet.
    https://stockrisers.com/forums/2/topics/84

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Peyton Watson

    Making my decision Monday at 6pm PT! Tune in��

    https://twitter.com/peytonfromlb/sta...32466594574337

  23. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    Peyton Watson

    Making my decision Monday at 6pm PT! Tune in��

    https://twitter.com/peytonfromlb/sta...32466594574337
    Hes going to UCLA. Please dont get your hopes up.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Hes going to UCLA. Please dont get your hopes up.
    Is he just cutting down his list Monday?

  25. #75

    Default

    Yep with him deciding to announce so close to these predictions, I think it’s a wrap. Pretty sad. He was one of my favorite recruits and pretty sure he would have been awesome at GU

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •