Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Peyton Watson -- Official Visit 2/28

Default 2021 Peyton Watson -- Official Visit 2/28

We have been trying to get a date locked in for Peyton Watson and finally did. He has not been offered yet, but could be shortly.

Caldwell, do we have any information on him...position, physical attributes...can he stand flat footed and touch the top of the square?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Caldwell, do we have any information on him...position, physical attributes...can he stand flat footed and touch the top of the square?
    Last link posted in the 2021 noise thread before it got shut down due to off-topic discussion: https://247sports.com/college/basket...gon-142807151/

Caldwell also has some comments on Watson's recruitment in the 2021 noise thread, around page 4/5.

Watson's profile: https://247sports.com/Player/Peyton-Watson-46082389/ - appears to be 6'7" 180 on there. May be a little bigger/heavier. Super long.

Inside The Kennel
    @InsideTheKennel
    ·
    2h
    Can confirm the report from
    @jakeweingarten
    that
    @peytonwatsonnn
    will be taking an official visit to Gonzaga for the St Marys game in March

1. Senior Night
    2. SMC
    3. Saturday Night

4. I wonder if the Kennel Club will show up?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

This kid is a straight baller and will keep rising in the rankings this center. Has legit NBA wing upside.

Watson all the way up to #11 (from 26) in the 2021 class on 247. Crazy rise for someone that high already.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    We have been trying to get a date locked in for Peyton Watson and finally did. He has not been offered yet, but could be shortly.
    Not offered yet....

We've been heavily involved with him and Hunter Sallis keep a eye one these two.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    We've been heavily involved with him and Hunter Sallis keep a eye one these two.
    Meaning we should expect a commitment from one or the other soon?

Quote Originally Posted by harryzag View Post
    Magic 8 ball says: Wouldn't count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by harryzag View Post
    Not anytime soon. It's early in the process still. We have been watching him for awhile and wanted him to jump offensively this year before getting serious on him, since he did that this year that is why we got him on campus for a visit. We are in a good spot, but the Pac-12 is high on him too.

Any reports from the game last night? Was Peyton there?
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Peyton was there last night, and sat behind the bench. The student section chanted his name and he posted it on his Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Can’t ask for a better game for a high level recruit to see. All of the Gonzaga family vibes on display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peyton sure looked good in the picture he posted on Twitter in the Zags jersey. I think I would definitely start watching some of his highlights after this visit. Not saying a commitment is close or anything like that, but I know that Peyton loved his time at GU and he fits the bill for what we are looking for. Staff was really impressed by him and his family. The family was really impressed by GU. Like always a great visit and one that should just reassure people that GU is a special place.

No offer though?

Was really impressed with this set of highlights. Exceptional two-way player.

Peyton sure looked good in the picture he posted on Twitter in the Zags jersey. I think I would definitely start watching some of his highlights after this visit. Not saying a commitment is close or anything like that, but I know that Peyton loved his time at GU and he fits the bill for what we are looking for. Staff was really impressed by him and his family. The family was really impressed by GU. Like always a great visit and one that should just reassure people that GU is a special place.

Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    Was really impressed with this set of highlights. Exceptional two-way player.

This kid is SPECIAL and hope we offer and he accepts... he will be a star at GU

He is a leaper and has excellent form in his jump shot too

Serious question Caldwell, how often do kids and their families come in and not love it at gu? When it does happen, what does that look like? The only things I can think of to make a kid not love it is not being paid or not being guaranteed playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    Serious question Caldwell, how often do kids and their families come in and not love it at gu? When it does happen, what does that look like? The only things I can think of to make a kid not love it is not being paid or not being guaranteed playing time.
    Especially for Southern California/big city kids I think Spokane/the weather up here has scared some recruits off in the past

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    Our record of landing recruits that visits is pretty high, so not much. Honestly, when/if we get a kid to come on a visit we are already in a great spot with them and the visit usually is the cherry on top.

Watson receives offer from Texas Tech

https://twitter.com/LBPolyHoop/statu...335132160?s=19

Heister: "So were you hesitant to attend Gonzaga? I mean, it's very cold here man."
    Sam Dower: "Very cold? Man I'm from Minnesota."

I grew up in So Cal, and I never felt that Gonzaga was too cold or too hard to endure weather wise. You just need to wear appropriate clothing initially, and you will adjust. It's not like Chicago, Detroit or Minneapolis. What makes Chicago so miserable is that dang wind. For Jeremy Pargo, Gonzaga was a relief! Cold weather can be taken care of with a good jacket. But in Chicago you need to adorn a ski mask like you are robbing a 7-11 or K Store!