Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Peyton Watson -- Official Visit 2/28

Was watching some of his Instagram stuff yesterday and noticed that he also has a little brother who is a sophomore and already has an offer from Cal. He's super wiry like Peyton and a little more slight, but he's really young and looks tough as hell. Could be a nice possible package deal if we pick up Peyton. And I know a lot of these guys are friends now with the AAU circuit and everything, buy Peyton is really active on commenting on some of the current and future GU players. I know Caldwell has mentioned that we are in a good spot with him, so let's hope it pans out. Really excited about this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Was watching some of his Instagram stuff yesterday and noticed that he also has a little brother who is a sophomore and already has an offer from Cal. He's super wiry like Peyton and a little more slight, but he's really young and looks tough as hell. Could be a nice possible package deal if we pick up Peyton. And I know a lot of these guys are friends now with the AAU circuit and everything, buy Peyton is really active on commenting on some of the current and future GU players. I know Caldwell has mentioned that we are in a good spot with him, so let's hope it pans out. Really excited about this guy.
    Yep and we have been watching his brother as well. Would not be shocked if in the next few months his brother and Skyy Clark become our top priorities in that class

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Yep and we have been watching his brother as well. Would not be shocked if in the next few months his brother and Skyy Clark become our top priorities in that class
    Love it

With his overwhelming length and strong athleticism, Watson embraces his ability to dominate defensively both in space and around the rim. He spends some games guarding the other teams biggest perimeter threat, often doing solid work on other future NBA prospects
    https://scorebooklive.com/california...class-of-2021/

Few and Co. need to keep scouting the So Cal area.................

Watson is going to be a stud and my crystal ball is saying he is going to be a stud at Gonzaga

Watson is going to be a stud and my crystal ball is saying he is going to be a stud at Gonzaga
    Can't wait to watch this kid! There's gonna be a huge hole in the roster after Kispert is gone, and adding a lengthy 5 star at SF is going to make our lineups so difficult to stop.

We just recruited Strawther WHO is an SF...R U saying Strawther isn’t going to be a “player?”
    Last edited by Bogozags; 04-14-2020 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Adjust recruited Strawther WHO is an SF...R U saying Strawther isn’t going to be a “player?”
    I never have said that, I think there is room for both of them.

I never have said that, I think there is room for both of them.
    Sorry my post was directed at Zag1203, just hit the wrong post button ��

He just did an Instagram Live with Jake Weingarten. He gushes pretty hard about Gonzaga over all of the other Pac12 schools, but it does sound like Kentucky is coming on hard and he has a real interest there. I am obviously making a guesses just from what he said, but it sounds to me like it's between us and Kentucky, and I would guess this Covid thing actually works in our favor, since he's already visited and is really familiar with the program.

Washington may have made up some ground because they just offered his brother. Although Caldwell has stated that we are/will be interested in his brother, so we may already be talking to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    He just did an Instagram Live with Jake Weingarten. He gushes pretty hard about Gonzaga over all of the other Pac12 schools, but it does sound like Kentucky is coming on hard and he has a real interest there. I am obviously making a guesses just from what he said, but it sounds to me like it's between us and Kentucky, and I would guess this Covid thing actually works in our favor, since he's already visited and is really familiar with the program.

Washington may have made up some ground because they just offered his brother. Although Caldwell has stated that we are/will be interested in his brother, so we may already be talking to him.
    I watched the IG video as well and echo everything you said. Watson imo visted one of the best games ever at Gonzaga. It was senior night against Saint Mary's and you can definitely see how into the game he was sitting behind the GU bench. Its gonna be difficult for visits to other schools to match it.

Washington worries me. The fact that he knows his brother may be able to play alongside him could maybe lure him. With that being said I think it's noteworthy that Gonzaga was the only place that he talked about the future of the team "I really like the vision the coaches have for me". His responses to questions about rest of programs seem bland and generic. Hope we can get him on board. he would be a great fit.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsTilDeath View Post
    Washington worries me. The fact that he knows his brother may be able to play alongside him could maybe lure him. With that being said I think it's noteworthy that Gonzaga was the only place that he talked about the future of the team "I really like the vision the coaches have for me". His responses to questions about rest of programs seem bland and generic. Hope we can get him on board. he would be a great fit.
    His brother is still really young, and as Caldwell has said, he is going to start being a target for us. I'm sure the staff has relayed this to Peyton.

Via bleacher report

Before COVID-19, Peyton had big plans for the summer. He was set to head up north for the EYBL to join the Oakland Soldiers—the same team LeBron played for in high school. "To be honest with you, I think if there would've been EYBL, I would've been the No. 1 player in the country by the end of the summer," Peyton says. "That's my goal. That's exactly what I think is gonna happen by the end of my senior year. In those final rankings, I wanna be No. 1."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rse-in-stardom

Bold prediction of the day, Watson will be the next Zag commit.

A top 10 guy for 2021 . wowweeee..

Any prediction on a timetable?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOejL0S7XuM

In case you forgot how ridiculous Peyton Watson is. He seems like another 1 and done.

Watson is going to be such a fun player! Great wing players with long wingspans are all the rage in the NBA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    A top 10 guy for 2021 . wowweeee..

Any prediction on a timetable?
    No time table at this point, but I think we are heavy favorites.

Oh gosh, i'm so excited, I'm freaking out a little bit.

Insane how our recruiting has literally skyrocketed lately. We're looking like a top 3 recruiting school in 2021.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Does this affect Sallis at all? My understanding is Sallis is a 2 and Watson a 3, no?

I don't have any inside info, but with Nembhard and Harris locked down for 2021, I imagine it's going to be kind of hard to convince Sallis to come here.

Wow! Color me impressed. Both with the player and our ability to even be in the running for him. Yeah, wow!

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Does this affect Sallis at all? My understanding is Sallis is a 2 and Watson a 3, no?
    I believe Sallis is a lead guard, Watson projects more of the SG/SF position.
    America's Team!