Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Honor for Adam Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    It ought to be the first Division I player, male or female, to have accumulated 2,000 points and 1,000 assists in a career. . .
    - first, congrats adam. well deserved. you really helped carry the gu brand to another level.

- yes, no brainer, Courtney will have her day.

- side note. Sabrina from Oregon has anywhere from 12 to 16 games left in her career, and she will join Courtney in the 2,000 points and 1,000 assists club, and add to that 1,000 rebounds as well.
    - I recall coach graves saying Courtney was a once in a lifetime player.............wow he has honor of being coach too two such once in a lifetime players.

Sweet!!
    Love the zags for life

It ought to be the first Division I player, male or female, to have accumulated 2,000 points and 1,000 assists in a career. . .
    Word

Awesome for Adam.. very happy for him.

And Sloot should be next
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Congratulations, Adam, and thank you for all you gave to GU and the fans. Greatest of all the time for fun to watch!

Hope for continued success.

Default It's about time - Adam Morrison

“The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

For myself Ammo was as exciting if not the most exciting player I've seen in a Zag Uni. He could take over a game and played with fire in his belly. Had he been taken by the right team in NBA I think he'd still be playing and would have been an All Star at some point. Bad luck of the draws and timing of his injury.
    More than well deserved IMHO>
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    For myself Ammo was as exciting if not the most exciting player I've seen in a Zag Uni. He could take over a game and played with fire in his belly. Had he been taken by the right team in NBA I think he'd still be playing and would have been an All Star at some point. Bad luck of the draws and timing of his injury.
    Michael Jordan has been a disaster as a GM/owner.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    Drafted by the wrong team and bad luck on the timing. Totally agree.

Default Coverage of the festivities ?

Will there be live coverage of the jersey retirement ceremony ?

"From the Distillery of Pure Zaga"

Congratulations Adam!!!

I was never very keen on basketball. It was the play of Adam and Sean Mallon who created a Zag fan out of me - local guys making the team (and I’m also a Mead grad). Then Adam doing so well and having a brash personality to go along with his strong desire to win that ignited my basketball interest. I also love the inland NW USA (and inland SW Canada). Spokane’s my hometown and Adam helped make it shine - and smack dab in the middle of the Inland Empire. Since Adam & Sean’s play I became impressed w/ GU’s program. Got a Masters @ GU in ‘92 but didn’t follow any sports then. Anywho ... lucky for the Mrs & I we get to go to the game Thursday night. Will arrive plenty early to help cheer on Ammo! GO ZAGS!
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Default John Blanchette re: Adam's Recognition

Article Link: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...rsey-adam-mor/

“I played with great players,” Morrison said, “and with guys who kind of sacrificed their own personal deal. That included Ronny, but especially that junior year. David Pendergraft was a guy who could have said, ‘This is not for me – I don’t want to be a screener.’ I was lucky to have a pass-first point guard in Derek Raivio. Some of the things I was able to do came at their expense, but there was always a commitment to winning and you’ve always seen that in the program.”
    More at the link

Will this be pre-game? Halftime? If pre game would it be like 10 minutes before scheduled tip?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagnetitForce View Post
    Will this be pre-game? Halftime? If pre game would it be like 10 minutes before scheduled tip?
    Never mind. Just received an email starts 5:45.

Loved this line....

“That’s why you see so many guys come back. When you retire from whatever sport you’re doing, you search the rest of your life trying to find a locker room.”

Because it’s not just a place to hang your jersey.

ZZ

Congrats to Ammo. The eternal injustice here is that Jerry Vermillion did not have his jersey retired. I get it; it was another era. But Jerry, who passed away last year, had eye popping rebound records that will never ever be assailed. He was a uniquely talented player.

With the move to recognize Adam Morrison, I wondered if he had also been inducted into the Gonzaga Athletic Hall of Fame. According to the GU Athletics web site, there hasn't been an induction since 1995:

https://gozags.com/honors/gonzaga-athletic-hall-of-fame

Are there plans afoot to revitalize this recognition program ? It has been 25 years since the last class was inducted.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 02-27-2020 at 02:58 PM.

Will there be live coverage of the jersey retirement ceremony ?
    I’m wondering about the same thing.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

I will be sporting the autographed #3 jersey at tonight's game. It was a close call over my "You can't stop the stache" T-shirt !

Gonzaga Kennel Club
    @ZagKennelClub
    ·
    18m
    Student doors open today at 4:30pm!
    Please make sure to be in the student section BEFORE 5:40pm to help us honor Adam Morrison! Students who do scan their ID before 5:40pm, will be entered into a drawing to win a Gonzaga jersey. 3 winners will be selected and notified on Friday!

Typical GU / IMG effort. They retire the jersey of their first national player of the year and there's no streaming or TV coverage . . .

yes, but that will go right over their heads...

Typical GU / IMG effort. They retire the jersey of their first national player of the year and there's no streaming or TV coverage . . .
    Supposed to be a show on SWX Comcast #112 right now covering the show with Adam.
    https://twitter.com/SWXRightNow/stat...68797462630400

Video from SWX.com: https://www.swxrightnow.com/video/20...adam-morrison/

Be patient through the brief commercial midway, before the post-game interview with Heister and Dickau.