Very nice interview, thanks ZN
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Very nice interview, thanks ZN
    Indeed. Appreciate you posting that, ZN. Nice way to start the day.

John Blanchette's 2/26/20 Column: Just like his No. 3 jersey, Adam Morrison plans to hang around Gonzaga

LINK: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...rsey-adam-mor/

These days, Morrison sees it from his courtside perch as the analyst on GU’s radio broadcasts. But he’s noticed that while Gonzaga continues to be everyone’s big game on the road and the gyms still fill, there’s a rawness and even some heat from his time that’s often missing.

Some of it is that there’s no villain like Mo himself – responding to hecklers by throwing up 40 points (five times that junior year) or jawing with face-guarding defenders. Whether it was banking in a 3 in Seattle to beat Oklahoma State or breaking down in tears when Gonzaga’s championship dreams were snuffed by UCLA’s incredible comeback in ’06, there always seemed to be drama – with Morrison in the middle of it.

He’s OK with reliving the history, and it’s a rare game now when a fan doesn’t seek him out to do just that and stand for a picture. But it’s not old glories that he finds most fulfilling about his Gonzaga experience.

John Blanchette's 2/27/20 Column: Those in the know share some ‘Mo-mentos’ from Adam Morrison’s storied Gonzaga career

LINK: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...re-some-mo-me/

Nice collection of anecdotes, including this one from Tom Hudson:

“A few years ago at USF, we’re getting set up – I think it’s Adam’s first year doing our broadcasts. (Former USF player) Frankie Ferrari’s brother comes over and he says, ‘Hey, we’re big fans’ – and then Frankie comes over. And they tell us that when we played in Oakland, they were there and had Morrison mustaches on. Now, you hear that from a lot of fans. But the next time we see Frankie and his brother, they show up with a picture – it’s them in the newspaper, 8 or 9 years old, these two kids wearing the mustaches. It wasn’t just Spokane. It was all over.”

Default Ceremony Transcript

Transcript Link: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...n-has-no-3-je/

Excerpt:
    Last, you know when I left Gonzaga, I had a great career obviously, but I always felt a little bit regret that I never had a senior night and I truly mean that. I never got to publicly thank all the Spokane community and fans who supported me, the people around town who, you know, gave me the ‘atta boy when I was down and when I was out of the league and when I wasn’t fashionable to be an Adam Morrison fan. And so I thank every single one of you (fan yelled “we love you Adam), I love you too. I just honestly am truly blessed to have the support I have in Spokane. Coming from Mead High School being a nobody, being a Type 1 diabetic and made it to where I was basketball-wise. I thank all of you, the fans, and I still get to love you fans and you people and it is humbling. And I don’t feel like I truly deserve it. And I am just so thankful that I grew up in this community and I am stuck in this community. You’ve always, I know you’ve always had my back.
    (Also includes Photo Gallery )

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Jackson Frank, via The Athletic (behind paywall): https://theathletic.com/1641254/2020...shared-article

But occupations are temporary and someday, he will move on. His slicked back, clean-cut hair and crewneck sweater will not be spotted a few feet from the Gonzaga bench during duels inside McCarthey Athletic Center. He will not frequent the Bulldog locker room after various games. Time, as it does, will extinguish those traditions.

Morrison’s legacy, however, is now preserved in The Kennel. Moving forward, a glance to the McCarthey rafters will invoke memories of the mustache-adorning, shaggy-haired gunner who could fill it up like few others. He operated with such vigor, gusto and flair that most neutral observers couldn’t help but gravitate toward this lanky dude, who sometimes draped a baggy, cotton T-shirt underneath his jersey, going toe-to-toe with college basketball’s blue bloods.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Video from SWX.com: https://www.swxrightnow.com/video/20...adam-morrison/

Be patient through the brief commercial midway, before the post-game interview with Heister and Dickau.
    ZN, Thanks for sharing!

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

GREAT TO SEE!

Incredible...what he did under the circ7mstances he did it. To be the best with 1 arm tied behind his back...takes lotsa HEART. Well Deserved

MORRISON ROCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiZags View Post
    It’s funny, during the LMU game the announcer asked Dickau when the next jersey will be hung. Something to be effect of: “where’s the Dickau or Morrison jersey up there?”
    Last night Heister said something to Dickau about his jersey being next, and it was pretty awkward. The guy just can't get out of his own way sometimes, ha ha.

Loved all of the different player and coaches stories in the Blanchette article of 2/27

Thumbs up Adam's "The Player's Tribune" article : March 30, 2017

In light of the themes mentioned in Adam's jersey retirement ceremony, it's worth revisiting the article Adam wrote three seasons ago for The Player's Tribune on the occasion of Gonzaga's first trip to The Final Four:

But it’s only now, all these years later, that I’ve started to view those tough losses a little differently. It’s all so clear to me. Those seasons weren’t disappointments, even if they seemed to be at the time. They were building blocks. We were creating a foundation.

What Ronny didn’t know at that time was that one day he would inspire other international players to move to Spokane to play college basketball. He had no way of knowing that his decision to take a flyer on Gonzaga would open the door for future NBA-level talent like Domantas Sabonis, Killian Tillie or Przemek Karnowski. Ronny’s career at Gonzaga is still paying dividends all these years later.
    LINK: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...all-final-four

You Tube Video of last night's Ceremony:

ETA: This was posted to You Tube by the GU Athletic Department so props to them.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 02-28-2020 at 03:24 PM.

Thank you so much for posting this. Yay Adam!

Thanks to posters of stories and videos. Got a little catch in my throat watching the YouTube of the ceremony. Could someone identify who the family members or friends were in the group photo. I know the two on the left are his parents, but who are the others.