• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Zach Norvell Joining Golden State on a 10-day Contract

"Report: Former Gonzaga guard Zach Norvell Jr. joining Golden State on 10-day contract

Thu., Feb. 6, 2020"

Norvell had brief appearances in two Los Angeles Lakers games but was then waived by the team in December. He rejoined South Bay, the Lakers’ G League team, and averaged 15.2 points, 4.5 rebounds and 3 assists in 29 games.

Golden State entertains the Lakers on Saturday.
    • Feb 2007

They've got lots of minutes available. Good luck, Zach!
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• sittingon50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by webspinnre View Post
      Good luck, Zach!

This.
      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• SLOZag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Zach played 17 minutes against the Lakers two nights ago. Although the GSW lost a close one, Zach's +/- was +10 for the game -- higher than any other sub or starter for the GSW, and higher than Lebron,, Davis and in fact every other Laker.
        SLOZag
        "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• hooter73
          Zag for Life
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by SLOZag View Post
          Zach played 17 minutes against the Lakers two nights ago. Although the GSW lost a close one, Zach's +/- was +10 for the game -- higher than any other sub or starter for the GSW, and higher than Lebron,, Davis and in fact every other Laker.
          If he could consistently put out that stat he'd be a mainstay player, but he is such an up and down guy until he develops a consistency, it'll be G league and these little single digit contracts whenever someone is hurt. I do hope the best for him.

Comment

• hockeyzag
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Jul 2007

"Had Zach Norvell Jr. known his NBA career would start like this, he’d still be at Gonzaga, quite possibly as the best player on one of the best college teams in the country."

Former Gonzaga standout Zach Norvell Jr. was surprised when he went undrafted, but recently signed a 10-day contract with the Warriors.
            "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
            -Zach Norvell Jr.

Comment

• LTownZag
              Banned
              • Mar 2017

Going into his first year at Gonzaga, Norvell underwent a routine surgery to remove loose fragments and cartilage in his knee. However, after a prolonged recovery, he opted to redshirt on a team full of upperclassmen who went on to win the national championship.
              I want to live in that reporter's reality.

Comment

• scrooner
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

According to the "Bleav in the Zags" podcast, Zach recently said that if he knew he was going to go undrafted, he wouldn't have declared.

Comment

• hooter73
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
                  According to the "Bleav in the Zags" podcast, Zach recently said that if he knew he was going to go undrafted, he wouldn't have declared.
                  Yeah no S Zach. I swear these guys get random people in their ear and bad advice in their heads and lose all sense of self-realization. I doubt the GU staff told him he should declare, but then again, sometimes when I have an employee come asking for a letter of reference, I'll write a glowing one just to get the person moved on and out of my hair.

I have no - zero - insider info or bad wishes for Zach so this is really more me venting about the entire process and culture that has come about so I dont mean to direct this at any one player but pull your heads both out of the clouds and out of your...

Comment

• Radbooks
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jun 2007

Good news for Zach!

Steven Karr Retweeted
                    Anthony Slater
                    @anthonyVslater
                    ·
                    6h
                    The Warriors G-League affiliate acquired the rights to Zach Norvell via trade today from the Lakers G-League team. Warriors want to keep Norvell in the program. Possibility of a second 10-day down the line remains a possibility for lefty scoring guard.
                    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• Zagdawg
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Anthony Slater
                      @anthonyVslater
                      ·
                      9h
                      Five players will join the Warriors for their bubble minicamp this week.
                      -- Jonathon Simmons (established wing with NBA experience)
                      -- Zach Norvell (smooth lefty shooter)
                      -- Jeremy Pargo (vet point guard)

-- Ryan Taylor (bench scorer)
                      -- Roger Moute a Bidias (Cal product)

Comment

• RenoZag
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Free agent G Zach Norvell has agreed to a one-year deal with the Chicago Bulls, agents Reggie Brown and Andy Shiffman of @PrioritySports tell ESPN.

Per Adrian Wojnarowski, via twitter
                        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                          Free agent G Zach Norvell has agreed to a one-year deal with the Chicago Bulls, agents Reggie Brown and Andy Shiffman of @PrioritySports tell ESPN.

Per Adrian Wojnarowski, via twitter
                          That is awesome!!! He’s going to his home town team.
                          “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• sittingon50
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
                            That is awesome!!! He’s going to his home town team.
                            +1
                            But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• ZagNative
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Fingers crossed for Zach! https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/11/...year-deal.html

Comment

Working...
                              X