Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 50 of 2021 - Arthur Kaluma

Default Top 50 of 2021 - Arthur Kaluma

https://stockrisers.com/2020/02/03/t...visit-gonzaga/

What's the good word on him, O' mighty Oracles of Recruitment?

Interesting that he's coming up for an unofficial on his own dime.

Kaluma moved to Arizona to play for Dream City last July, but he's actually from Irving, Texas, within 30 minutes of Ryan, Drew, and Admon's home towns. I wonder if there's a connection there. I know Kaluma and Timme have played against each other.

He plays like draymond

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    https://stockrisers.com/2020/02/03/t...visit-gonzaga/

What's the good word on him, O' mighty Oracles of Recruitment?
    I will defer to ZagBlue here, as this is a new name to me. I mean Jake talks directly to these guys, so I would guess he plans to either come here on his own dime or he is using the Gonzaga name for something.

He is ranked #37 on ESPN 2021 board...Is he interested in GU?

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I will defer to ZagBlue here, as this is a new name to me. I mean Jake talks directly to these guys, so I would guess he plans to either come here on his own dime or he is using the Gonzaga name for something.
    Let me see what I can find out.

Kaluma is on campus for his visit and was at the game tonight, fresh off 247 bumping his rank up to #18. Any word from the insiders about how the visit is going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Kaluma is on campus for his visit and was at the game tonight, fresh off 247 bumping his rank up to #18. Any word from the insiders about how the visit is going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was an unofficial, so really just visiting the campus, going to the game and so on. I know he got a huge bump in the rankings, but we really are pushing hard for Paolo and Chet, plus we already have Perry on board. I would expect his name may pop up more if we miss on Paolo.

It was an unofficial, so really just visiting the campus, going to the game and so on. I know he got a huge bump in the rankings, but we really are pushing hard for Paolo and Chet, plus we already have Perry on board. I would expect his name may pop up more if we miss on Paolo.
    Seems like the Twilight Zone when we are big-timing the #18 recruit in the country

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Seems like the Twilight Zone when we are big-timing the #18 recruit in the country

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Man, I’d take the first offer at that level. I feel you almost have to.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Man, I’d take the first offer at that level. I feel you almost have to.
    We have to feel like we're leading with Chet. Paolo is worth waiting on for all parties. If we get Paolo I doubt Kaluma would want to come here.

The visit was quick as all unofficials are. My understanding is that he is a great kid, really fits our culture, and he will continue to be recruited by our staff.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    We have to feel like we're leading with Chet. Paolo is worth waiting on for all parties. If we get Paolo I doubt Kaluma would want to come here.
    Interesting comment...247 has Chet 100% to Minnesota and Paolo 100% to UDub...

I've heard on this board that 247 is the most accurate recruiting service regarding HS kids...so what does that say about our recruiting efforts of these two youngsters?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post

I've heard on this board that 247 is the most accurate recruiting service regarding HS kids...so what does that say about our recruiting efforts of these two youngsters?
    To me it says that 247 doesn’t know what they are talking about yet for these specific 2021 kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post

Nothing. Chet's 100% is 1 prediction made in 2018 before anyone was recruiting him. His dad was a gopher.

247 Sports is SEVERELY underestimating GU's chances with Banchero. At this point, I (and others) feel Gonzaga has as good of a chance of landing him as any team that is recruiting him, including UW. Some think GU is the team to beat right now. He's a very different kid from the typical "inner city" Seattle kid that Bud Withers talks about in his book.

I think 247 sports crystal ball predictions need to be taken with a grain of salt.... Any early predictions (1-2 years before graduation or senior year) are mostly based on speculation. Things change in recruiting all the time and often unexpectedly.

Jalen Suggs' crystal ball predictions didn't shift all the way to GU until a few days before his verbal date. This is often what happens, especially with high profile recruits. I think the people in the know here have a more accurate pulse on Chet/Paolo than those dates crystal ball predictions. For now.

Let me know when we actually sign one of these Galacticos. On paper.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    We already did but no one knew at the time... the surprise was our Bonus!!!

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    We already did but no one knew at the time... the surprise was our Bonus!!!

Go!! Zags!!!
    Amen. The Best.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Did Collins count?