• Gilder, Jr.

2 1.77%
  • Other. . .(and why )

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The BZ Bulldog of the Game: @ USF - 02. 01. 2020

Default The BZ Bulldog of the Game: @ USF - 02. 01. 2020

STATS LINK: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=289466

Always proud of our Zags; today's road win adds a bit more shine to the pride. Amazing guts, clutch when it counted. Overcame a short bench and foul troubles.

Zags shot 25-32 from the line. 38 boards to 32 for USF. Points in the paint: 46. 3 Blocks, 5 steals.

Double-double for Filip: 23 / 11. Ayayi: 12 pts, 9 boards. Timme: 19 points, 4 boards. Kispert: 11 points, 3 rebs. Wooly: 7 pts, 2 boards, 2 assts.

Props to the Dons for a great effort.

In your view, who is the BZ Bulldog of the Game this afternoon ?
    Last edited by RenoZag; 02-01-2020 at 02:57 PM.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Wearing a face mask in a pandemic isn't a political choice. It's an IQ test.

Went with Timme... Just so solid the whole game. Really stepped it up in the absence of Tillie.

Kispert was clutch when needed, but Petro kept the team together and showed great determination throughout.
    "Neck-ties are just maxi pads for your throat." - Ted Williams

Could have gone with Filip but went with Timme. He was aggresive and hit free throws. Gave it his all. Big time play from a freshman.

Petrusev was at times unstoppable at times but his FT shooting made him unplayable at the end.
    So I’m picking Timme for coming through with a huge game when he was needed most.

Timme for me!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Timme for me!
    me too
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

I also went with Timme mainly because of his free throw shooting. Thought about going with other, on the road, missing their best player, the whole team played with a whole lot of heart today.
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

I thought Kispert really came through went it counted. That's what leadership looks like!

Timme! Petrusev had a great game, but Timme played his best game as a Zag when his team needed him.

Timme with Ayayi the runner up. Joel got us over the hump mid-game

Timme! Kid’s growing up before our eyes.

TIMME 3 blocks. 3 assists, 7 of 8 from the stripe. He played like a veteran.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Timme deserves it. He played with confidence, put their bigs out drawing fouls, and showed why he was highly recruited. This kid is a winner and is going to be one of those Zags we will be talking about well after he's gone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Voted Timme. Awesome to see him step up when needed. Entire team stepped it up in the 2nd half as well, and all were needed to get the win.

Timme may have had a career night but it was still Petrov. What a turd of a game.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

I'll go with Petro. He just makes it look easy that's how good he is. Tille close 2d. This is just a super team effort every time!

Quote Originally Posted by zagbeliever View Post
    Timme! Kid’s growing up before our eyes.
    LOL, he was THE Man for his HS team, carried them on his back to the playoffs. And if that wasn't enough, he and his teammates saved a Dallas family from a house fire after one of their playoff wins!

https://www.fox4news.com/news/basket...mily-from-fire

Johnson, Drew Timme and other teammates were headed home from a playoff win against The Woodlands when they spotted flames coming from the roof of a nearby house.

“The whole road was covered in smoke, you could barely see what was in front of me, we knew something was bad and we could kind of see orange flickering from what looked like the house,” said Timme.

The teens called 911, then headed to the house to wake up the family and get them out. By then, Timme says the smoke was already thick inside; stinging his eyes and making it hard to see.

“I just banged on the door and I guess I woke the mom up and grabbed one of the kids out of there, because he was kind of close to the entrance,” said Timme. “I just grabbed him and said ‘is anyone else in the house?’ and I just started yelling inside”

Dallas Fire-Rescue says the couple inside, their two sons and all their pets were able to get out safely. They ran across to a neighbor’s for shelter.

FOX 4 spoke with the family by phone. They say they weren’t fully woken up by the smoke alarm and they’re thankful to the teens for saving their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by krozman View Post
    Timme may have had a career night but it was still Petrov. What a turd of a game.
    Depends how you look at it. I think these types of games are invaluable come March. Overcoming obstacles on the road against a decent team while being short handed. The turds are the 50 point blow outs. Great game in my eyes.

I could have gone with Timme but went with Kispert instead. His two threes helped get us back into the game in the second half.
    Those two last buckets were absolutely critical to us winning. That turn around baseline jumper was the killer. Timme's defense is better
    than Petrusev in IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Depends how you look at it. I think these types of games are invaluable come March. Overcoming obstacles on the road against a decent team while being short handed. The turds are the 50 point blow outs. Great game in my eyes.
    Agree 23...this game, as are most road games against USF, are tests of mettle and character. I haven't seen the game yet, but our boys obviously passed the test.

Don't know how long we can play with just six players, though. The box score was scary: 4 players had 4 fouls.

Went with Timme for his career high, stepping up for Tillie and his FT's.

Refs called 46 fouls. 21 on GU and 25 on the Dawns.

highest number called on GU this season

ZZ

Why does Petrov have two options in the poll
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

I went with Timme. He is such a competitor. For a freshman, I impressed at his ball IQ. And he hit at the charity stripe! Props to Ayayi and Kispert for crucial 3’s and FT. Team win.

Quote Originally Posted by krozman View Post
    Why does Petrov have two options in the poll
    Whoops. . .good catch, krozman. . .haste makes mistakes

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Wearing a face mask in a pandemic isn't a political choice. It's an IQ test.