Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Killian Injury Update Thread

Default Killian Injury Update Thread

I have no update(s), but figured persons could post them here.

In the meantime: if someone has ice water in their veins, is it necessary, or even safe, to ice a sprained ankle?

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I have no update(s), but figured persons could post them here.

In the meantime: if someone has ice water in their veins, is it necessary, or even safe, to ice a sprained ankle?
    Now you’re asking for it. One thread is already RIP.

On the Fox broadcast of the Wisconsin v. MSU game, they just said Tillie is day-to-day, so hopefully it was an injury akin to Petrusev’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MBZags View Post
    On the Fox broadcast of the Wisconsin v. MSU game, they just said Tillie is day-to-day, so hopefully it was an injury akin to Petrusev’s.
    Katz saying the same thing. https://twitter.com/TheAndyKatz/stat...877970432?s=19

I do hope they sit him today unless they need him at the end. 1 battle isn't worth losing the war over.

If only to keep USF guesssing, I think “ he might play” would be the official GU line unless killian were in real dire straights.

Don’t tip your hand to the opposition. (See BYU/Childs last gu game)

Quote Originally Posted by MBZags View Post
    On the Fox broadcast of the Wisconsin v. MSU game, they just said Tillie is day-to-day....

Aren’t we all.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

From Jeff Goodman on Twitter:

Jeff Goodman
    @GoodmanHoops
    · 50m
    Gonzaga’s Killian Tillie is not expected to play tonight against USF, source told @Stadium. However, told it’s just a sprained ankle. Team will obviously be cautious, but optimism is Tillie misses a week or two.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Unhappy They keep saying Killian's been...

...on-and-off injured his whole career, but this fan can't remember that being the case in Killian's frosh campaign. Wasn't he completely healthy in that National Championship Game year?

:[
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    ...on-and-off injured his whole career, but this fan can't remember that being the case in Killian's frosh campaign. Wasn't he completely healthy in that National Championship Game year?

Tillies first two years he played in 33 & 36 games so was mostly healthy besides missing a few games as a freshman until going down in the NCAA tournament his sophomore year at least as I recall things. Obviously last season was a disappointment with injuries, but hopefully he can be back on the court soon and finish out this season strong.

Jim Meehan
    @SRJimm
    ·
    2m
    Tillie won’t play today. He’s sitting courtside while teammates go through warmups

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post

I thought he broke/sprained his wrist...???

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Jim Meehan
    @SRJimm
    ·
    2m
    Tillie won’t play today. He’s sitting courtside while teammates go through warmups
    I heard the same thing. Not doing the warmup, but in uniform.

How many minutes will Martynas get?
    On the game thread I put the over/under at 12 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    From Jeff Goodman on Twitter:
    Need him for SMC...

Hudson and Morrison said on pregame radio they are most interested in seeing how the game is called. If the bigs get in foul trouble the only solution is to slide Kispert to the 4. They said Few noted Zakharov is not ready yet and Morrison noted the last thing you want to do it throw a kid in there and see him fail. So the Zags will be going mostly with a 6 1/2 man (Arlauskas) rotation today. Morrison said look for a little zone and 1-2-2 and 1-3-1 press to try and slow things down a bit. Sorry, no post game radio again. I'll be at the Zags women vs. BYU and the mens game will be over before the women. Yeah that sucks for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    I think you're correct...when you look at the game log on ESPN it shows a gap of playing 4 min on 2/11 vs St. Mary's and then returning on 3/4 vs Pacific so he did miss a couple weeks of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post

He broke a finger in his right hand in practice.
    https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...r-san-francis/

Jim Meehan on Twitter:

Jim Meehan
    @SRJimm
    ·
    3m
    Few said Tillie has a painful ankle sprain, no way of knowing how long he'll be out. Depends on how ankle responds to treatment during the week. Tillie declined to comment after Santa Clara and USF games.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    Jim Meehan on Twitter:
    Ugh.

Alright, that makes the SMC game very difficult.

we played quite a few OCO games without him, but during that time we had Anton intermittently. Too bad those two bigs are presently out. More for his NBA future than our season, I hope this heals and he plays healthy the whole rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Alright, that makes the SMC game very difficult.
    Should not need him for Loyola at home so he has a week to rest. I know avoiding L’s is important for seeding purposes, but at least zags have a 3-game cushion (wow!) in the wCC loss column.

He was most definitely hobbling in the handshake line at the end of the game. He wasn't in a boot though. Could be good, could be not so good. Get well, master Tillie.

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    He was most definitely hobbling in the handshake line at the end of the game. He wasn't in a boot though. Could be good, could be not so good. Get well, master Tillie.
    I’ll file this under the ‘could be worse’ category. Rest him as long as he needs Even if it means a couple losses. Need him in March more than now. And could ultimately work out as I’d rather have a 2 or 3 seed in west than 1 seed in East. Plus, media clamoring for a zag slip up so they can drop them in rankings and seed line so that’d be a bonus for them.

Listening to the radio pre-game now, and no word on Tils, either way. We may not know anything until the TV feed goes live, Hudson and Morrison said he is warming up, but that doesn't mean anything.
    UNITED WE ZAG, BAY-BEE, UNITED WE ZAG