Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zags still a one seed, but now in the East!

Default Zags still a one seed, but now in the East!

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

Don't really hate this bracket except for the location after we get out of Spokane.

Sign me up right now for this bracket!! No real problems until the, seemingly annual, Dance matchup with FSU.

Go ZAGS

Would love to see the Zag's pound Seton Hall .................................AGAIN!!
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

BYU VS AZ would be a fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaZAG View Post
    Sign me up right now for this bracket!! No real problems until the, seemingly annual, Dance matchup with FSU.

Go ZAGS
    I can't see signing up for any bracket with FSU. They are such a unique team that I want no part of them in the tournament - ever.

We'll play them, bc of course we will.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I’ll take the 2-seed out west please, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    I’ll take the 2-seed out west please, thanks.
    in a heartbeat...book a date with nova for a trip to the final four.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

Don't really hate this bracket except for the location after we get out of Spokane.

Cool, let’s let the committee know this...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ed-baylor/amp/

The top is starting to get a wee bit crowded ......

The updated bracket projection is out Friday and there has been one tiny, but not so minor change at the top. San Diego State is now the No. 2 overall seed, dropping Gonzaga down to the No. 3 national seed.
    More at the link ....
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Pretty crazy that most projections right now have the WCC getting as many teams into the tourney as the ACC (3). Even though the ACC has 5 more members (15) than the WCC (10).

I'm pretty sure everyone on this board would love to see San Diego State and Gonzaga as the 1 and 2 seed, regardless of who gets the 1 or the 2, because GU doesn't fear the team whos probably good, but has never faced tournament teams all season long.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

BEST CASE SCENARIO:

SDSU wins out. Gets #1 seed in West.

Gonzaga wins out but loss to SMC/BYU in WCC semi-finals. Santa Clara (?) wins WCC Championship, gets autobid.

Gonzaga drops to #2 out West.

BYU and SMC earn at large bids.

FOUR BID CONFERENCE! Zags stay in Spokane/Los Angeles!

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    BEST CASE SCENARIO:

Gonzaga wins out but loss to SMC/BYU in WCC semi-finals. Santa Clara (?) wins WCC Championship, gets autobid.

I'd say best case is win out and be a 1 seed in the west. My guess is SDSU drops one before it's over. I see what you're going for though, and I wouldnt be too scared of SDSU if we were the 2 and them the 1.

BEST CASE SCENARIO:

I see your thinking, and I"m not sure that another loss might do this team a little good in terms of learning process.

But, the 2-3 game in the SS is much harder than the 1-4, at least often is.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

As things are progressing, GU will be a Top Four Seed and therefore will be playing its first two games in Spokane,

If both SDSU and GU win out then one will move to another region. If both teams lose one game then I believe the scenario changes and then again could remain the same. IF SDSU loses a game and GU runs the table, then GU will be the 1seed and SDSU the 2seed in the West. If GU loses just one game and SDSU remains undefeated, then GU will be the 2seed and SDSU the 1seed in the West.

Either Baylor or Kansas will lose one game each before the Dance or one loses two games then the scenario will totally change. They still play each other one more time - KU will be at Baylor and they could meet one more time in their conference tournament, if both make the finals. So Baylor could only have the one loss to UW and KU has two more loses (five). I don't see Baylor dropping from the overall #1seed. Still think Dayton could move up to the 1seed line and that would be a first with three non-P5 schools one seeds!

I remember three teams from the same conference (1985) where three teams were from the same conference and all were #1seeds.

It will be interesting to say the least to watch how all this plays out 3-5 weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I see your thinking, and I"m not sure that another loss might do this team a little good in terms of learning process.

But, the 2-3 game in the SS is much harder than the 1-4, at least often is.
    Honestly never understood the philosophy of losing is a good teach moment

The tough USF game was good teaching moment and we still won

I think negative events have potential for greater harm than good
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post

I remember three teams from the same conference (1985) where three teams were from the same conference and all were #1seeds.

The great Dave Gavitt is not walking through that door. ..But Nova was an 8th seed, altho 3 BE teams in the F4....another, BC, lost in the S16.

The current bracket is BRUTAL IMO.

Ohio State or TT in 2nd round? Ouch
    Kentucky or Nova next? No thanks
    Duke or Maryland. Ugh
    #1 seed Baylor to get to the championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Honestly never understood the philosophy of losing is a good teach moment

The tough USF game was good teaching moment and we still won

I think negative events have potential for greater harm than good
    I think a loss can be good if a team isn’t playing hard and thinks they can phone in the wins. It seemed that the effort wasn’t great in the first half against USF but they figured it out in the second half, thankfully.

As a fan of the WCC (sort of) but more of a person who wants the WCC to improve greatly, I'd gladly see the Zags drop a game to BYU or SMC in the semi-finals if it amounts to a 4 bid WCC.

As a fan of the WCC (sort of) but more of a person who wants the WCC to improve greatly, I'd gladly see the Zags drop a game to BYU or SMC in the semi-finals if it amounts to a 4 bid WCC.
    For a fourth team to get the auto bid, that team would either have to beat SMC and BYU or Beat GU and then beat BYU in the finals...that would be one heck of an accomplishment...GU losing to either SMC or BYU would not guarantee another team making the Dance...in fact if SMC loses (of course this is all hypothetical) they may not even get to the Dance...there supposedly in at this time BUT with two more loses to GU I think they would be a bubble team...IMO

I doubt it happens, but my nightmare scenario is to be the #1 or #2 out east along with Duke. Just what GU needs......to play the Dukies on their home floor away from home (Madison Square Garden).

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I doubt it happens, but my nightmare scenario is to be the #1 or #2 out east along with Duke. Just what GU needs......to play the Dukies on their home floor away from home (Madison Square Garden).
    I wouldn't sweat it too much, CDC. I was at the Duke game in Houston 5 years ago. Duke has a national fan base that turned out in droves for the game. No doubt it would be more pronounced at MSG, but our guys are used to playing in hostile arenas.

If ( and it's a big if ) GU and SDSU win out, GU might get the 1 seed in the West due to their Q1 profile. Wins @SMC, @BYU and one of those two in Vegas, would give GU a 7-1 record in Q1 games.

SDSU doesn't have any Q1 opportunities remaining so their 4 - 0 Q1 record is fixed. They have the edge, however, in strength of schedule: 126 to 186

Staying in the West and playing in Spokane as a 2 seed would be better than playing as a one seed in the other brackets.

Beat the Gaels. . .
    Last edited by RenoZag; 02-07-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Default West is best

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Would rather see us out west. Don’t want to be in Duke’s bracket. Watched BYU San Diego game on tv. I think Gonzaga can take them.