• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WallaWallaZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Martynas Arlauskas...

he's starting to grow on me...i think he could become a great glue-guy type...think of a more athletic, talented, offensively aggressive mike hart. he already looks very capable attacking the rim, so if his shot develops, he could easily become a starter and replace kispert. there was someone on another thread suggesting strawther coming in would squeeze marty out...way too premature.
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

He looked terrific. Most of all, unafraid. Gotta play more, maybe Tils out can be a stimulus for that.

Comment

• Bogozags
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
      He looked terrific. Most of all, unafraid. Gotta play more, maybe Tils out can be a stimulus for that.
      With Tillie out we only have one rotational player on the bench - Gilder...I hope he does see more minutes...didn't see him make any mistakes on either end of the court last night

Comment

• Zagger
        Banned
        • Mar 2008

When Arlauskas comes in he looks ready to roll. For the limited mins he’s had he displays good and quick decision making. He’s not intimidated. It’d be neat to see him score 10+ against USF.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2008

if KT can't go tomorrow, then if it's not Marty's time tomorrow, when is it?

and at War Memorial too. Do it kid

Comment

• Mr Vulture
            Zag for Life
            • May 2008

I see a lot to like in Arlauskas and agree that he could really help this team as he grows. He needs to get stronger but that is pretty much true in most freshmen. I think he could get us 8-10 minutes a game without hurting us right now and maybe more as his confidence grows.

Comment

• FloridaZagFan
              Bleeds GU Blue
              • May 2019

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
              I see a lot to like in Arlauskas and agree that he could really help this team as he grows. He needs to get stronger but that is pretty much true in most freshmen. I think he could get us 8-10 minutes a game without hurting us right now and maybe more as his confidence grows.
              I agree, he doesn't look like the moment is to big for him. He looks agressive an unafraid.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

He didn't look any less ready than Timme did on Day One, and look at where Drew is now. Gotta play him.....

Comment

• spike_jr
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2009

He looks more than capable, especially when surrounded by the starters (and I'll count Gilder and Timme in this as one of them will most likely be starting Saturday). He definitely didn't look afraid, which is 1/2 of the battle. More importantly, we are down to 8 scholarship players if Tillie is out - and this includes Marty and Pavel. There is no way Few can count on a pure 6 man rotation (each player would average 33 minutes) as there will be most likely fatigue and foul issues at some point, not to mention if another player is injured.

Comment

• billyberu
                    Bleeds GU Blue
                    • Feb 2007

Mark Few inserted Arlauskas into the game at a pivotal moment in the 2nd half and he responded well with some key rebounds, heady defensive play and a tough layup in traffic. He was ready for the fight and I can only assume that the coaching staff took notice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
                    Surfmonkey89

Comment

• LTownZag
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2017

He didn't look any less ready than Timme did on Day One, and look at where Drew is now. Gotta play him.....
                      I respect jazz’s willingness to “change his tune” on players based on different results.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                        • Mar 2008

On offensive end very little liability

Still needs to shore up role responsibility and defensive rotations and then can become a big time contributor imo
                        The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                          Zag for Life
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                          On offensive end very little liability

Still needs to shore up role responsibility and defensive rotations and then can become a big time contributor imo
                          talking about Drew or Marty? seriously I couldn't tell man

anyway, Drew has come a long way already defensively. imperfect yes, but he's literally telling others where to rotate when they mess up out there, and he impacts on that end, blocks and boards and fouls aggressively, not as easy a target in the screen/roll, and provides a different tone in the paint than Petro. offensively, he may struggle to see the floor at the end of the games becasue of his FT shooting, so that's a liability

re. Marty, wow have barely seen him get a serious run and settle into a game but he did m2m Tripp well his one look at him, only played a handful of minutes last night becasue KT went down. can Marty flow in the O and run the floor, and can hit open shots from all the attention to other Zags? I think we'll find out more tomorrow. we'll see

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                            Zag for Life
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by billyberu View Post
                            Mark Few inserted Arlauskas into the game at a pivotal moment in the 2nd half and he responded well with some key rebounds, heady defensive play and a tough layup in traffic. He was ready for the fight and I can only assume that the coaching staff took notice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                            it was a beautiful step up when needed

Comment

• OZZY
                              Zag for Life
                              • Aug 2009

Martynas has played in a professional league (Lithuanian top division) against men before (and at the same world championships as Petro and Ayayi). He is not intimidated and is able to handle the pressure.

IMHO it is all about learning the systems that the Zags use. The sooner he gets comfortable then the sooner he can be relied on for extra minutes.

I think we will see a highlight reel dunk from him by the end of the season!

Comment

Working...
                              X