Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GU vs San Francisco - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Default GU vs San Francisco - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

The Zags stay in the bay area and take on the Dons. USF is coming in with wins over BYU and USD. They were swept by the Gaels and have an inexplicable loss to Portland.

What are you expecting to see in tomorrow's game? What are you hoping to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Tillie healthy, playing or not on Saturday, is what I'd most like to see.

Zags 85-75
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

87-68 Zags
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Tillie likely out. Will be very interesting to see how Few and Co. handle the shortened prep time w/ USF. USF already picked off Pacific and BYU behind torrid shooting.

I'll go Zags 84 Dons 75

Zags 90 Dons 74. No injuries
    “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.

great test tomorrow. just win baby

I expect to see a closer game than I want to see. Also, hopefully see Tillie on the bench, walking without a limp.

Zags - 81
    San Francisco University - 73
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Even without Tillie the Zags are formidable on the road in the WCC. The Zags rose to the occasion in the second half against SC. I believe the Zags will ratchet up their D @ USF. I’d like to see Kispert really light it up ... Timme too.

This score is tough to predict. It could be a very close game ..... at times. I believe the Zags will do well as they make great 2nd half adjustments and, even if Tillie doesn’t play, 5 Zags still average double figures.

Zags 88
    Dons 74
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

This one has me nervous as all get out. Tille is hurt, Zags shot horribly last night, and USF has shown flashes of brilliance this season... like beating BYU when they had Childs playing.

Think it will be a tight one...

Zags 78
    USF 72
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Gu 85-67

GU 80
    USF 66

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    This one has me nervous as all get out. Tille is hurt, Zags shot horribly last night, and USF has shown flashes of brilliance this season... like beating BYU when they had Childs playing.

Think it will be a tight one...

Zags 78
    USF 72
    My nervousness is tempered by what I gleaned from last night's box score: despite poor shooting nights from several Zags, their lines shone in other ways, i.e. rebounds, assists, steals, FT's (Corey 4-4).

Perhaps the short turnaround is in our favor, i.e. just go out and play Zag ball. Don't overthink it.

Zags 79
    Dons 66

Go Zags ! Beat the Dons.
    GU - 83 USF - 74

I'm really interested in how the Zag's play defense aginst USF's 3 point shooters. Fortunately Gonzaga has relatively big guards that make it more difficult to shoot over. Besides Lull at 7'0 they dont have much of a low block game.
    If we can keep them from getting uncontested 3's should be a 15 point win! However if we give USF lots of open looks at the 3 point line they have at least 5 guys that can shoot it and they are a team with mostly upperclassman.
    If Zags are firing on at least 10 cylinders of their 12 cylinder machine should be no problem but this has always been a scarry game in my eyes.

Have Tillie sit and rest.
    GU 89
    USF 81

Go Zags!

Zags 84
    Usf 68
    Love the zags for life

82-77
    GU

Default CLEAN UP ON AISLE 3 !!

GU 86
    Dawns 78

Hope to see: Jumbo Lull in early foul trouble. Timme with a bunch of garbage points on O-boards. Kispert with 5 made treys.

Hope not to see: Myself pacing back and forth in front of the set with 6 minutes to go. I rolled an ankle in frozen foods section at WalMart yesterday. Thankfully not a high sprain. Should be back next week for the Fred Meyer's road trip.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    The Zags stay in the bay area and take on the Dons. USF is coming in with wins over BYU and USD. They were swept by the Gaels and have an inexplicable loss to Portland.

What are you expecting to see in tomorrow's game? What are you hoping to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!
    Todd Golden, USF new head coach is a strong proponent of metrics. I will be interested to see what metrics tells him how to play the Zags. My guess is our weakest foul shooters will shoot many free throws, the game will lack the flow we like and we will win a choppy sloppy game unimpressively.

Interesting stat on last night's broadcast................ZAGS are 21-0 this year when scoring over 70 points (now 22-0), 0-1 when held to 70 or below. So..............crank up the ponies, turn this, and all remaining games, into a horserace. Speed the game up as much as possible.

That makes all remaining games in the WCC dependent on the offense, not the defense. No one in the WCC can run & gun with the ZAGS, not even close. Now...........that changes when the Dance starts, as then some of the teams will be able to run & gun with the guys. Even in the Dance, defense doesn't have to great, just adequate, as long as the offense gets the game into the high 70's or 80's.

The Dance is months away. For now, crank up the tempo and just win...............

ZAGS 88 - Dons 72

Go ZAGS

Love to see Martynas get some playing time.

Love to see Corey and our guards get hot from the 3.

Zags 88
    Dons 79

I join LIZF.

I think this game is very scary. Even if Tillie plays he's going to be ginger on it and maybe not trust the ankle (I don't think he'll play).

We gave up so many wide open 3s at SCU that just rimmed out, and when they went in SCU got within 4. USF is far better from deep.

I don't think we can just pound it inside all game and rely on Petro and Timmie. We have to shoot far better from 3. CK has to be normal CK.

GU 82
    USF 76
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

87-72 Zags

War Memorial has sometimes been a snake pit! Coach has a plan though Zags 84 Dons 76

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    GU 86
    Dawns 78

Hope to see: Jumbo Lull in early foul trouble. Timme with a bunch of garbage points on O-boards. Kispert with 5 made treys.

Hope not to see: Myself pacing back and forth in front of the set with 6 minutes to go. I rolled an ankle in frozen foods section at WalMart yesterday. Thankfully not a high sprain. Should be back next week for the Fred Meyer's road trip.
    Ha! - good one!
    Crashed down through a Baobab tree once - sprained both ankles. I looked like a cartoon character with feet too big for shoes.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png