Thread: Tending to Tils? - Killian injury status

Default Tending to Tils? - Killian injury status

How do they examine Tils on the road? Or do they fly him home? Does a doc travel w team? Do they have affiliated docs in each city? Favored hospitals? Or wait until they all get home? Meanwhile, who oversees treatment? Inside basketball experts, please illuminate.
    Last edited by CDC84; 01-31-2020 at 10:26 AM.

If a player needs medical attention, they will get it ASAP. Unless something has changed over the last 30 years that I don't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    If a player needs medical attention, they will get it ASAP. Unless something has changed over the last 30 years that I don't know about.
    Of course they will. But, that wasn't the question.

I've sent an inquiry in to Bill Drake who is the Assistant Athletic Director in charge of Student Athlete Health and Wellness. If he responds, I'll post it here with his permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Of course they will. But, that wasn't the question.

I've sent an inquiry in to Bill Drake who is the Assistant Athletic Director in charge of Student Athlete Health and Wellness. If he responds, I'll post it here with his permission.
    Thanks Mark!

I'll piggyback onto Jazz's question (which I'm also wondering about) - Why don't we ever see players icing injuries on the sidelines?

If a sprained ankle should have ice and compression ASAP, why wait until after the game?

FYI that ankle (left) is on the other leg from Tillie's preseason scope.
    He rolled that ankle also while landing on the ground vs arizona. Hopefully it's "just" an ankle sprain and he'll be back next week. I'm sure it's swollen and painful today.

Update so far -

Jim Meehan‏ @SRJimm
    Follow Follow @SRJimm
    Part 1 of 2: Few said they'll probably need 24 hours to determine severity of Tillie's ankle injury. Few: “We’ll see how bad it is. Just not catching a break. It’s a shame because was playing as good as he’s ever played these last 4-5 games."
    Part 2 - Few: "He jumped up and came down on somebody’s foot (with) his full weight. It looks like it’s in the lower area, if there’s any silver lining it’s that (and) it’s not up high or broken.”

When Fillup went down it looked bad also. He was back for the next game and played like nothing happened. Let’s hope Killian is similar. The fact he was up and about and smiling at the end was encouraging. Hoping for the best.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Best part of what Few said was that it wasn't broken or a high ankle sprain. I doubt Tillie plays Saturday and if there's any question after that, I'd hold him out until he is fully ready to go. Of course, when Petrusev rolled his it looked really bad and he was back a week later looking like he never did anything.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    When Fillup went down it looked bad also. He was back for the next game and played like nothing happened. Let’s hope Killian is similar. The fact he was up and about and smiling at the end was encouraging. Hoping for the best.
    I didn't watch the game, but was told he was standing in the huddles without a brace, boot, or ice. Just shoes. That's a great sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

IIRC one of the experts here commented on new approaches to ankle sprains that helped a lot in recovery time. I looked it up to see if I could see a brief explanation but I could only find RICE variations.

If anyone knows how to rehab it's Killian, really hope the best for him.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    I didn't watch the game, but was told he was standing in the huddles without a brace, boot, or ice. Just shoes. That's a great sign.
    Multiple shots of him on bench pulling knee up to chest rotating ankle
    Up in huddle every time out
    Jumped up and gave the Harley motorcycle sign to Petrusev after big dunk

One would have thought if serious would have been in locker room for ice bath

I am going on record as believing he will be available if needed saturday
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Good news that Tillie is not seriously injured, and will be limited against SF.

“Arlo”? Who knew. Guess it’s not “Marty” anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Thanks Mark!

I'll piggyback onto Jazz's question (which I'm also wondering about) - Why don't we ever see players icing injuries on the sidelines?

If a sprained ankle should have ice and compression ASAP, why wait until after the game?

FYI that ankle (left) is on the other leg from Tillie's preseason scope.
    He rolled that ankle also while landing on the ground vs arizona. Hopefully it's "just" an ankle sprain and he'll be back next week. I'm sure it's swollen and painful today.
    Lets see. Actual trained medical staff traveling with a high major basketball team....or.....random internet message board guy......we all know random internet message board guy is the more trained and knowledgeable of the 2 in this scenario.....but maybe...just maybe...the trained medical staff knows what theyre doing. I know this seems like a stretch...but try and follow me here

Quote Originally Posted by Pargo the Destroyer View Post
    Lets see. Actual trained medical staff traveling with a high major basketball team....or.....random internet message board guy......we all know random internet message board guy is the more trained and knowledgeable of the 2 in this scenario.....but maybe...just maybe...the trained medical staff knows what theyre doing. I know this seems like a stretch...but try and follow me here
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Pargo the Destroyer View Post
    BS retort.

The premise of LTown's question is incorrect. We do see players with ice packs on the bench.

However, LTown never suggested that the medical staff didn't know what they were doing or that he knew better. The word "why" is an indication that he was requesting more knowledge about how these athletes are being treated.

Jumping on someone that is looking for some insight is petty and juvenile.

I guess it's fun to project your own massive brain power to belittle others.

Carry on.