View Poll Results: If you could get ONE zag back to play on this squad for the remainder of the season..

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • AMMO (in his prime)

5 7.14%
  • NWG

9 12.86%
  • Brandon Clarke

31 44.29%
  • Sabonis

20 28.57%
  • Rem

5 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: - Completely Meaningless Zags Fan Poll Question of the Day -

Question - Completely Meaningless Zags Fan Poll Question of the Day -

No fighting. Just answer it. It be fun.

If you could get ONE of these players back, to play on this current squad for the remainder of the season, which zag would you choose?
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

I think we need better defense, so I am voting Brandon
    “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.

I'll take the soon to be NBA All-Star

Karnowski. Not a rim protector, but an area protector. Old school big man who would allow our athletic guards to stay on the perimeter and defend the 3pt line.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Quote Originally Posted by stevet75 View Post
    Agreed. It was between him and Sabonis. I felt weird not picking Ammo, but his offense is less of a need on this team.

The Bonus, all day long. Points, rebounds, defense, toughness.

Rem.

"And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Lots ‘o fun with Rem for sure, but give this team Brandon Clarke and pencil in the championship. Interior defense will be a problem for us (that we could overcome with scrappiness and bigger offense). But it’s a weakness for sure. More than the free throws.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

I too almost voted for Rem. He was a lot of fun. But I'm also going to vote for someone NOT on that list. Since my vote is meaningless, here goes. I'm voting for Watson. If anyone could make this team just a little bit better it is Watson. We need a small forward who is really good on defense and is a total team player. That is Watson. We have a seven man rotation and could use one more player coming in off the bench. We have a post player (Timme) and we have a guard (Gilder), and Watson would be the perfect fit for this team. This team has tremendous chemistry and cohesion. Maybe the best ever. I wouldn't want to bring in a STAR player who would throw THIS CHEMISTRY off. Watson, is still considered to be a part of this team (see the video) and I'm sure that in his own way he is still participating the best he can. Let's see what this team can do with ALL the players we have.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

For defense which this team needs, I voted Sabonis but my heart says Ammo. His philosophy on defense was if I score more points on you then that's good defense. Can you imagine what our offensive metrics would look like with Morrison, Tillie and Filip on the front line?

Gonzaga is #2, Rem is a grad assistant at Baylor which is #1. I think the choice is obvious here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Gonzaga is #2, Rem is a grad assistant at Baylor which is #1. I think the choice is obvious here.
    Okay you guys win. Sound logic plus the threetar action and it’s gotta be Rem!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

I voted for BC and I’m happy to see that he’s scoring in double figures as usual.
    Parlez-vous français?

Why can't there be a Derek Raivio option just so i can emphasize his free throw percentage.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

I really wanted to vote for BC as he is one of my all time favorite Zags. Just felt like this year's team would benefit more having better depth at point guard position. Couldn't hurt to have ANY of the players listed on the poll.

GO ZAGS

I think Clarke fills the biggest need, pretty obviously, and it's not just defense.

He is/was intimidating to the opponent. Guys were scared of getting it swatted into the 2nd level or being dunked over.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I am in the minority and went with NWG. I think the lack of guards is scary, although the three we have are money. If we lost one of those guys, we have a major issue.

It felt wrong not to vote for Rem, if only so we could have had a reprise of Santa Shem and his helper Rem (with a bearded Timme in the Shem role) this past Christmas.

Went with Clarke, but was a close call with Sabonis. All about rim protection and inside athleticism as others have noted. That said I would take any of them!

Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Went with Sabonis. 1a would be NWG

Sabonis, all day. Got 3 great guards and enough shooters......the Bonus supplants Petro. Done and done. It’d be like Hondo coming back to play with Bird. The Bonus was a better college player than BC, and so far a better pro. And an All Star.
    Last edited by jazzdelmar; 01-30-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Sabonis, all day. Got 3 great guards and enough shooters......the Bonus supplants Petro. Done and done. It’d be like Hondo coming back to play with Bird. The Bonus was a better college player than BC, and so far a better pro.
    Watching the UT vs KU game this past weekend, KU's center just dominated on offence so "who" would be able to neutralize his dunking?

Clarke could block a lot of his shots and prevent the lob passes into him as well BUT imo Domantas would not only limit his touches but put his butt in foul trouble in the first few minutes of the game and then you only have to worry about Dotson, who it seems us unstoppable...IMO

I think our current guards against the WCC are fine....but when it comes time for the Sweet 16 and beyond I want NWG running the point...his game and moxy would take the Zags to the final game once more!
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaZagFan View Post
    I think our current guards against the WCC are fine....but when it comes time for the Sweet 16 and beyond I want NWG running the point...his game and moxy would take the Zags to the final game once more!
    Admittedly, it is extremely weird for me to vote for anyone but the pilot of our one national final team.

It comes down to just one missing element, the scary interior defense of either Sabonis or Clarke
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by stevet75 View Post
    Agreed on the defense. And with Brandon, you didn’t need to run plays for him or change the offense. He wouldn’t disrupt the flow of what is an elite offense.

Quote Originally Posted by krozman View Post
    Why can't there be a Derek Raivio option just so i can emphasize his free throw percentage.
    Haha +1

A replay of the 2007 game against Memphis was on the other night. I think Woolridge has the best handles this program has seen since Raivio. That kid was a one man press breaking operation.