Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: It's Game Day, the best day of the week. (1/30/20)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,233

    Default It's Game Day, the best day of the week. (1/30/20)

    Good morning Zag fans. Thursday has finally arrived (Praise God). hahaha Zags vs Broncos at Santa Clara. Geeze it seems like we just played them. Yeah we did. And it was a lot of fun. I'm looking for that same thing tonight. So get your Zag gear on and get focused because the team needs us tonight. If you haven't made your prediction yet, hurry over to the prediction thread for the Santa Clara game. If you've never participated in this fun event, please do. It's really challenging and a lot of fun. We could use more fans to make the competition even tougher.

    Whatever you do today, have some fun. Enjoy this wonderful day. Think of something fun today, and come here and share it. Looking forward to hearing from you throughout the day.

    The first thing I'm doing today is starting this thread. I'm really looking forward to hearing from you all today and hear about what you're doing. My goal is to get 50 people to check in here and share their day with us. So please help me reach my goal. Tell someone to check in here and let us know what fun thing they're doing today as this day progresses toward 7:15 pm.

    Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    672

    Default

    I so love game day. Lots of good college hoop today, so I'm making a party out of it. Going to Subway this afternoon to get a "Gonzaga sandwich" for dinner (roast beef with all the vegetables). Southern Comfort and Coke to drink tonight, I need the caffeine to stay awake. So glad the game is on CBS-SN, they have excellent production.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I so love game day. Lots of good college hoop today, so I'm making a party out of it. Going to Subway this afternoon to get a "Gonzaga sandwich" for dinner (roast beef with all the vegetables). Southern Comfort and Coke to drink tonight, I need the caffeine to stay awake. So glad the game is on CBS-SN, they have excellent production.
    Thanks for checking in SorenTodd45. Sounds really good and fun. You've given me a good idea of something fun to do today, go out and get myself a good meal that I just love. Thanks. Another fun thing to do if you haven't done it yet is to go to the thread YOU GOTTA GET UP and watch that video. AND EVEN if you have seen it (even a few times) see it again. It's a great video and really fun. It will help you keep a fun attitude today, especially if you like dunks. There's lots of them on this video. Also SorenTodd, keep checkin in throughout the day and keep us informed. hahaha

    Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    212

    Default

    I always really appreciate the enthusiasm and positivity of your posts, Reborn. Thanks for that. I am working today, but I feel the exact same way when I wake up....one of my first thoughts is "game day!"...and that makes the whole day a little brighter. Even on a cloudy Jan day. I too will often treat myself to some kind of special meal/food before I sit down to watch the game. And I second the advice to watch You Gotta Get Up....I caught that the other night when they showed it on the MF show. Great stuff! Have a great GameDay all.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZenZag View Post
    I always really appreciate the enthusiasm and positivity of your posts, Reborn. Thanks for that. I am working today, but I feel the exact same way when I wake up....one of my first thoughts is "game day!"...and that makes the whole day a little brighter. Even on a cloudy Jan day. I too will often treat myself to some kind of special meal/food before I sit down to watch the game. And I second the advice to watch You Gotta Get Up....I caught that the other night when they showed it on the MF show. Great stuff! Have a great GameDay all.
    Thanks for dropping by and sharing. The good meal today idea seems to be catching on. I'm beginning to think about what I want. Should I do it at lunch or dinner? It's beautiful here in Yakima today. It's nice to see the blue sky and sun. It's usually a good omen for me. We've been having unusually warm weather here, like high 40's-low 50's. Sunshine in my home always seems to brighten up my day, and my attitude.

    Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Finally it is Thursday, game day.
    I am at work and my usual Gonzaga gears are on including Gonzaga shoes.
    Now almost everyone of my coworkers know today is game day for my alma mater.
    Go Zags!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    726

    Default

    I am also working today, but it doesn't hurt that I like my work and love the Zags!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,233

    Default

    No reason that work can't be fun. At least for a part of the day. Wearing Zag gear at work can definitely be fun, especially Zag shoes. This is the first time I've heard of Zag shoes. I got three pair of Zag socks for Christmas, but haven't heard of shoes. Maybe Santa will get those for me next year. I just realized I don't have my Zag socks on. Thanks for reminding me that I need to get a pair of them on, buenaparkzag.

    Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chattaroy
    Posts
    3,742

    Default


    Make the ponies run!

    Itíll be interesting to see which Zag scores the most points this evening. Itís a good time for Kispert to be hoop hot Now that Tillieís beginning to fire on most/all cylinders SC may pay more attention to him. Itís soooo nice to have 6 Zags in double figures .... w/ Timme nipping at their heals
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post

    Make the ponies run!

    It’ll be interesting to see which Zag scores the most points this evening. It’s a good time for Kispert to be hoop hot Now that Tillie’s beginning to fire on most/all cylinders SC may pay more attention to him. It’s soooo nice to have 6 Zags in double figures .... w/ Timme nipping at their heals
    Thanks for dropping by to help make my morning fun. I love your pictures of the bulldog chasing the pony. Have you seen the video YOU GOTTA GET UP? It's awesome. I think my favorite parts are the shots of Kispert and his dunks. Kispert has been so awesome this year. One of 7 or 8 great stories. It was also good to see clips of Watson. That was kool. You are so right about not knowing who the highest scorer is going to be. I know that last time we played they couldn't guard our posts so I think that could be something to watch for.

    Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,233

    Default

    I want to give a shout out to some of you who come here and just view or read the posts, and I want to challenge you to come to this thread and say hi. We love it when someone new comes and says hi and begins to participate. I really am hoping to get 50 people to come here today, and I'm thinking I can't reach that goal unless some of you who don't usually post here come. Help me have a little fun while I'm passing the time away today.

    Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Game time is approaching, but still two hours away. I prefer a 6 pm tip time on Thursday, but the tradeoff is that it would be a ROOT game, and I have to stream that one (I do not live in Seattle or Spokane). When the Zags are on national television, I can watch them on TV with no issues, but I know the network controls the tip time. I guess I should not complain, as our Irish friend watches them at 3 in the morning! Now, that's dedication.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chattaroy
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Thanks for dropping by to help make my morning fun. I love your pictures of the bulldog chasing the pony. Have you seen the video YOU GOTTA GET UP? It's awesome. I think my favorite parts are the shots of Kispert and his dunks. Kispert has been so awesome this year. One of 7 or 8 great stories. It was also good to see clips of Watson. That was kool. You are so right about not knowing who the highest scorer is going to be. I know that last time we played they couldn't guard our posts so I think that could be something to watch for.

    Go Zags!!!
    Moocho thanks for all your threads. I’m down in LA right now and not able to contribute much. But, pics are worth a 1000 words! Go Zags!
    (Hope I get a chance to watch the game! - Will try!)
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    Moocho thanks for all your threads. I’m down in LA right now and not able to contribute much. But, pics are worth a 1000 words! Go Zags!
    (Hope I get a chance to watch the game! - Will try!)
    Have fun down there in the sun....hope you do get a chance to watch the game. check back later
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Game time is approaching, but still two hours away. I prefer a 6 pm tip time on Thursday, but the tradeoff is that it would be a ROOT game, and I have to stream that one (I do not live in Seattle or Spokane). When the Zags are on national television, I can watch them on TV with no issues, but I know the network controls the tip time. I guess I should not complain, as our Irish friend watches them at 3 in the morning! Now, that's dedication.
    Cheers! I had to get ready for work after the game. It is going to be a looooooong day
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •