Thread: Bud Withers: Zag offense still perking.

Default Bud Withers: Zag offense still perking.

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

I thought maybe that the term Perking -- in reference to Josh Perkins-- was being coined. It would be an apt new verb to describe this team. Josh Perkins stirred the drink last year but this team seems to do it as a collective. It's been pretty neat to watch.

Thanks Bud. Great read!

I'd never heard of an opponent's big loss referred to as getting "trucked". Getting "Boat raced" is part of the lexicon for the hydroplane race fans because those races are frequently uncompetitive.

ZZ

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    Thanks Bud. Great read!

I'd never heard of an opponent's big loss referred to as getting "trucked". Getting "Boat raced" is part of the lexicon for the hydroplane race fans because those races are frequently uncompetitive.

ZZ
    And here I thought getting boat raced was a reference to the drinking game...
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

I think that Bud Withers may just have a future in writing.

It's always a treat to read Bud's creations. Thanks for posting!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    Thanks Bud. Great read!

ZZ
    The Zags may get tested this week at Santa Clara (17-5), which you’d figure is tired of getting absolutely trucked by Gonzaga, and at USF (15-7). If you’re a Zag fan, you hope for defense, and appreciate the offense.
    In hang gliding & paragliding (collectively termed “free flight”) it’s called getting “flushed”. Basically when you encounter sink - down air - or the wind dies off during an orographic lift ridge soaring flight. It’s no fun being quick to land and watching your pals sky out having launched in better conditions and/or missed the sink.

Back on topic ..... I’m surprised Withers did not ask the scout of his take on the Zags. With a bit of good fortune in the guys staying healthy and meshing even more, there will be a bit of chatter about the Zags in March .... once past the WCC. I also suppose if Baylor stumbles there will be renewed chatter on our guys.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png