Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shareef O'Neal

I don't really see a down side to having him. The current team was supposed to be super deep in the front court. We've been playing Kispert at PF. We were loaded at guard once and David Stockton walked on and ended up being a starter a few years down the road.

If Shareef wanted to play at GU the worst case for GU is that our 12th scholarship is used on a player that will bring a ton of free press because of who his father is and would likely be a fantastic practice player that keeps GU's bigs sharp.

Best case scenario is that he recovers from his heart condition, develops some, and Baby-Shaq can't get on the court because actual-baby-shaq is so much better than we anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by mgadfly View Post
    I don't really see a down side to having him.
    I completely agree but I think it's just too tough a sell from the O'Neal perspective.

He'd be behind several upperclassmen and likely be over recruited by 2 bigs in 2021. If he's okay developing in the shadows (& there probably isn't a better place in the country for that) and not really playing for 2 seasons with the aim of getting pt as an upperclassman, I'd love that. I just suspect he'll have more opportunities elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    I completely agree but I think it's just too tough a sell from the O'Neal perspective.

He'd be behind several upperclassmen and likely be over recruited by 2 bigs in 2021. If he's okay developing in the shadows (& there probably isn't a better place in the country for that) and not really playing for 2 seasons with the aim of getting pt as an upperclassman, I'd love that. I just suspect he'll have more opportunities elsewhere.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post

You are absolutely right. If he wants to come here, I'd be good with it, but with who we have already in place the O'Neals are probably not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Shaq was really not a very good player, he was just so much bigger than anyone that they couldn't guard him. His son is not 7'1'' and doesn't weigh 350 pounds. If his basketball skills are similar to his dad's he couldn't be any help to the team. Even if he is terrible if coach Few wants him and he comes here even if he is terrible I will still cheer for him.
    I can't tell if you are being serious or not. If you genuinely think this, it's going to be real hard to take you serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I didn’t inquire about SHAQ... BUT If GU was interested in his son...

Make all the comments about SHAQ but he is a MILLIONAIRE and in the HOF...

Again, this thread is about his son Shareef ��
    Shaq also has a doctorate that was earned not honorary.
    Parlez-vous français?