Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shareef O'Neal

Default Shareef O'Neal

Caldwell, would we have an interest in this young man who has a strong pedigree?

Shaq was really not a very good player, he was just so much bigger than anyone that they couldn't guard him. His son is not 7'1'' and doesn't weigh 350 pounds. If his basketball skills are similar to his dad's he couldn't be any help to the team. Even if he is terrible if coach Few wants him and he comes here even if he is terrible I will still cheer for him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Shaq was really not a very good player, he was just so much bigger than anyone that they couldn't guard him. His son is not 7'1'' and doesn't weigh 350 pounds. If his basketball skills are similar to his dad's he couldn't be any help to the team. Even if he is terrible if coach Few wants him and he comes here even if he is terrible I will still cheer for him.
    Dude you are really on a roll with some of your recent posts.

So you think Shaq had these awesome basketball skills ? Just what could he do other than stand under the basket and push people out of his way and dunk it. Could he dribble the ball, No. Could he make free throws, no. Could he go out on the floor and guard anyone, no. Could he make a 12 foot jump shot, no. The only thing he could do was over power everyone and dunk it. As far as basketball skills he had none. He only dominated by overpowering people and dunking on them, that is not basketball skills. I did not say he wasn't effective, I said he had no actual basketball skills, which he did not. I hope if his son comes here he blossems and makes us forget about Morrison,Dickau, Olynick and all the past great Zags, but I just don't see it.

Shaq in college was a gazelle.

As far as Shareef, he had open heart surgery to fix an anomalous coronary artery last year. Although it is a complete repair and would not hinder him physically, I can imagine that it might take a bit to get over mentally.

Premise 1: Shaq wasn’t skilled
    Premise 2: Shareef is Shaq’s son
    Conclusion: Shareef isn’t skilled

The conclusion doesn’t follow from the premises, even if both are true.

Shaq college highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzX2uwOkJII

Yes, lots of dunking in traffic (which is a skill that many centers don't have). And ridiculous blocks. And even some nifty passing.

I think our other targets are superior and wouldn’t require a redshirt.

Sorry, but this Shaq was not skilled and all he did was dunk idea is bogus. Even assuming dunking is not a skill, the man dunked on only 1,874 of 11,330 made field goals in the regular season during his career or 16%. What was he doing the rest of the time? He had great foot work and one of the better baby hooks of all time. Definitely are parts of his game that can be criticized but calling him unskilled and just a dunker is a fallacy.

������ one of the worst all-time takes on the board

Shaq wasnt very skilled = Brandon Clarke isnt very athletic.

Hottest take in history

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    Needs to work on his left hand handle. Should probably kick him out of the Hall of Fame for that. Heehee!

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. He was a tall lanky bean poll when he arrived at LSU who was super fast and athletic. He arrived at LSU btw at 220 pounds and played at 250 pounds.

Best thing about this thread is it isn't on the MBB

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Shaq in college was a gazelle.
    A svelte 286-294 pounds (listed weight by LSU roster).

Shaq in college and early in his NBA career was an amazing athlete for a man his size. The 3 words that made sense in this were "He only dominated...". The rest, nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. He was a tall lanky bean poll when he arrived at LSU who was super fast and athletic. He arrived at LSU btw at 220 pounds and played at 250 pounds.
    Then why does LSU Roster show him as 286 as a freshman? (and heavier later).

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post

That was his weight with the team on his back

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Don’t we already have baby Shaq on our team?!

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post

That was his weight his Junior year. When Dale met him in Germany he was 6’6 210 as a Sophomore in high school.

I didn’t inquire about SHAQ... BUT If GU was interested in his son...

Make all the comments about SHAQ but he is a MILLIONAIRE and in the HOF...

Again, this thread is about his son Shareef ��

I would assume we aren't based on the fact that no reports have come out yet about him and us, and the fact that he can't get on the court on a bad team and is coming off of a major heart issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    Don’t we already have baby Shaq on our team?!
    Indeed we do. We are also in on some heavy hitters up front for 2021 when he'd be eligible to play & already have several quality bigs in Timme, Zakharov & possibly Watson.

The frontcourt looks crowded as is. I don't really envision it being a good fit, especially given how he has already struggled to crack a much weaker UCLA rotation.