• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Most sites reporting on this list Suggs as committed to Gonzaga, which is a non P-5. Out of the 24 players, only 4 fall outside of the top 24 in the ESPN 100, so pretty much just picked by ranking. But I guess those players should have been penalized for choosing a top basketball school and the #67 player going to Houston or the #95 player going to South Florida should be picked. Unless you consider the American conference not low enough, then perhaps someone outside the top 100 should get this prestigious honor, even though they in no way deserve it. Quit whining.
    Why do you perceive this as whining? Try to expand your small mind.

Comment

• raise the zag
      Zag for Life
      • May 2011

Big fan of Suggs, yet he's so going pro. At least according to his family.

I have remained hopeful yet talking with fellow parents of kids on Minnehaha Academy, teammates of Jalen, it doesnt sound good.

From Jalen's point of view, it seems great, he speaks fondly of playing for Gonzaga, alongside his friends, Julian and Dom. All seems on track.

Then, it comes to his parents. The people closest to them. They make it sound as if Gonzaga is their son's favorite team and nothing more. Not "if" but "when" they find the right fit/offer in NBL or ABL.

Clearly two very different tunes from Jalen himself to the parents.

Comment

• bdmiller7
        Zag for Life
        • Jun 2017

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
        Why do you perceive this as whining? Try to expand your small mind.
        You're complaining that no non P5 recruits are in the game and that the blue bloods are well represented. I guess I feel Duke, UNC, Kentucky, and Kansas are usually all really good every year because they get the best recruits every year and that's probably why they have a lot of players in this game every year. Please help my small mind understand the conspiracy by pointing out some deserving mid major recruits who were clearly snubbed.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by raise the zag View Post

I have remained hopeful yet talking with fellow parents of kids on Minnehaha Academy, teammates of Jalen, it doesnt sound good.

From Jalen's point of view, it seems great, he speaks fondly of playing for Gonzaga, alongside his friends, Julian and Dom. All seems on track.

Then, it comes to his parents. The people closest to them. They make it sound as if Gonzaga is their son's favorite team and nothing more. Not "if" but "when" they find the right fit/offer in NBL or ABL.

Wow.

Comment

• LTownZag
            Banned
            • Mar 2017

If this is anywhere close to true as a possibility in Jalen's mind (I hope it's not!) then there's a wildly capacious definition of "commit" being used in the phrase "GU Commit".

Comment

• NotoriousZ
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2008

His parents understandably want what's best for his career as a pro. Playing at GU would do so much more for his long term goals then getting a little money out of country for a year. I'm sure his folks aren't stupid.
              Edit to add: Congrats Jalen!
              It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• 23dpg
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

All this chatter, plus 2 recruiting gurus changing their crystal ball predictions to going pro, has me a little less optimistic.
                I will be bummed if he doesn’t wear a Zag uni. I know others would have stronger reactions.

(Fingers crossed)
                Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• MDABE80
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Nice to have him but if he wants to go pro, he should be letting us know soon because we’ll need to find someone else. The other two are sufficient but the ethics of the situation are beginning to stink up the place if “Raise” is correct. I’m thinking Few knows all this.

Comment

• krozman
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2008

I dunno, as GU fans i just think we're not used to "this type" of uncertainty because of the caliber of the player. I think we should all agree it's generally a good problem to have.
                    Krozman
                    GU student 1996-2000
                    Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• cggonzaga
                      Zag for Life
                      • Mar 2007

Lot of conjecture here. Hope it’s wrong.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by krozman View Post
                        I dunno, as GU fans i just think we're not used to "this type" of uncertainty because of the caliber of the player. I think we should all agree it's generally a good problem to have.
                        IF going pro is still a serious consideration for Suggs, the situation it puts Gonzaga in and uncertainty for 2020 recruiting is not actually normal. Very very few HS players from U.S. go directly to pros. Sure, there have been a few of late but to suggest this is a run of the mill blue blood hoops program situation isn’t the case imo.

I’m a fan of Jalen Suggs and wish him only the best but dude needs to make a firm decision and let it be known. Really screws Gonzaga over if in fact he decides to go pro st this point.
                        Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• JAGzag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2007

I think it’s very, very telling that Dom Harris has zero congratulatory tweets to Suggs about his selection.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                            Nice to have him but if he wants to go pro, he should be letting us know soon because we’ll need to find someone else. The other two are sufficient but the ethics of the situation are beginning to stink up the place if “Raise” is correct. I’m thinking Few knows all this.
                            What ethics?

Comment

• Irish_eliZAG
                              Kennel Club Alum
                              • Aug 2018

Originally posted by JAGzag View Post
                              I think it’s very, very telling that Dom Harris has zero congratulatory tweets to Suggs about his selection.
                              Dom's dad did congratulate Jalen though.
                              Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by krozman View Post
                                Talk about extracting the tiniest crystal of Kool Aid from what appears to be a recruiting disaster for GU...

Comment

Working...
                                X